Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Hex Reviews Your Fearblog
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jan 7 2015, 06:11 AM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

I can explain the grammatical problem. When I first joined the fear mythos... I did not actually know how to properly use punctuation at all. I had basically failed to properly ever be taught it. I was still learning proper punctuation as I wrote for the mythos and my grasp of it shows as my blogs become more grammatically correct as I write more. I like to think I don't have grammar problems now...

As for the morse code... well it actually connects at this point to Metaphysical Fiction foreshadowing Marcinius' appearance in that blog. The morse code post added actually quite a bit after Prestidigitation initially ended I believe.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jan 7 2015, 02:08 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 397

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Jan 7 2015, 01:11 AM)
I can explain the grammatical problem. When I first joined the fear mythos... I did not actually know how to properly use punctuation at all. I had basically failed to properly ever be taught it. I was still learning proper punctuation as I wrote for the mythos and my grasp of it shows as my blogs become more grammatically correct as I write more. I like to think I don't have grammar problems now...

As for the morse code... well it actually connects at this point to Metaphysical Fiction foreshadowing Marcinius' appearance in that blog. The morse code post added actually quite a bit after Prestidigitation initially ended I believe.

I hope I wasn't too harsh! Still getting the hang of this criticism thing, and I really did like the blog.

Unseelie - The place where giants rule

Journal of the days after - Torn from xer awful embrace

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin - Read it and weep

Our Cyclical Dance - Endlessly in on itself

I'm on Tumblr and DeviantArt.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jan 7 2015, 06:50 PM

No you weren't too harsh... Actually looking at your reviews I think you may not be harsh enough. You need to be more critical and analytical about the blogs. It's fine though.

Thanks for the review.

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Last Rites
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jan 7 2015, 07:05 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Jan 7 2015, 01:50 PM)
No you weren't too harsh... Actually looking at your reviews I think you may not be harsh enough. You need to be more critical and analytical about the blogs. It's fine though.

Thanks for the review.

Yeah, I have trouble with that. Thanks for your feedback, and you're welcome for the review.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 04:29 AM

It just occurred to me I just kind of reviewed your review... That's funny. Anyway yeah still not a bad review though I hope you didn't think I thought so.

Archon of Chaos.

>Cresting The Wave

Last Rites
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 05:32 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Jan 7 2015, 11:29 PM)
It just occurred to me I just kind of reviewed your review... That's funny. Anyway yeah still not a bad review though I hope you didn't think I thought so.

That is funny! But no, your comments were helpful and I'll keep them in mind. Thanks!

PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 05:59 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Member No.: 132

On the subject of review responses, I'd be glad to answer any questions you have concerning my imputs. As a matter of fact, I should let you know in advance to highlight the early posts of My Soul Is On Fire, as HELLFIRE liked to use invisible text back then...

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 04:29 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

QUOTE (Acelegin @ Jan 8 2015, 12:59 AM)
On the subject of review responses, I'd be glad to answer any questions you have concerning my imputs. As a matter of fact, I should let you know in advance to highlight the early posts of My Soul Is On Fire, as HELLFIRE liked to use invisible text back then...

Thanks for letting me know about the invisible text! Got a little confused about that on my first read-through.

I hope this review is helpful to you, and I apologize sincerely if I muddled some details. I suspect I might have, for reasons explained in the review. If I did, please tell me and I'll add a correction.

Review of My Soul is on Fire

PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 07:40 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Member No.: 132

Ah, yeah, I've been aware of most of those flaws for a while now. I'm trying to do a better job story telling in phase 2. And yeah, my writing style does tend to lean more toward action than actual horror.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: May 26 2015, 04:29 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Review of A Place for My Head

Sorry this took me so long! :c I had... a rough winter. Trying to get back on top of things now.

And yeah, my writing style does tend to lean more toward action than actual horror.

That's not a bad thing, actually that's one of the things I liked about it. Different is good!

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:34 PM

Oh awesome this is still going.

I'm glad you're back and I hope your problems are over.

Archon of Chaos.

>Cresting The Wave

Last Rites
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: May 26 2015, 11:09 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Thank you! I am doing much better now. Gonna try to get another review up in the next couple of days.

PM
Omega
 Posted: May 27 2015, 02:41 PM

Hero of JUSTICE!

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 21

Glad to see the reviews are back! I always look forward to seeing recommendations for Fearblogs I haven't read yet. Encourages me to stop being lazy and start reading more content.

PM
Hexillith
 Posted: May 28 2015, 03:37 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

QUOTE (Omega @ May 27 2015, 09:41 AM)
Glad to see the reviews are back! I always look forward to seeing recommendations for Fearblogs I haven't read yet. Encourages me to stop being lazy and start reading more content.

Thanks! I'm doing Burn the Sky next; would you like me to review Leviathan as well?

...also, purely out of curiosity, I just started reading the Illuminatus! trilogy and there are a couple of shared names and passages that remind me of Burn the Sky; may I ask if those were intentional references?

...damnit mobile jcink doesn't let me italicize things.

PM
Omega
 Posted: May 28 2015, 01:13 PM

Hero of JUSTICE!

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Hexillith @ May 27 2015, 09:37 PM)
Thanks! I'm doing Burn the Sky next; would you like me to review Leviathan as well?

...also, purely out of curiosity, I just started reading the Illuminatus! trilogy and there are a couple of shared names and passages that remind me of Burn the Sky; may I ask if those were intentional references?

...damnit mobile jcink doesn't let me italicize things.

Anything I've written is up for review, but Leviathan would be great after BtS. Finish up the three blogs I've written in that verse.

Well, it just so happens that both Burn the Sky and The All Seeing I were inspired by the Illuminatus! trilogy. I made the outlines for both those blogs only a few days after I'd finished reading the trilogy.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll