Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Hex Reviews Your Fearblog
Hexillith
 Posted: May 29 2015, 03:01 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 397

QUOTE (Omega @ May 28 2015, 08:13 AM)

Well, it just so happens that both Burn the Sky and The All Seeing I were inspired by the Illuminatus! trilogy. I made the outlines for both those blogs only a few days after I'd finished reading the trilogy.

Heh, that's a funny coincidence, that I started reading it while reviewing one of them.

Unseelie - The place where giants rule

Journal of the days after - Torn from xer awful embrace

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin - Read it and weep

Our Cyclical Dance - Endlessly in on itself

I'm on Tumblr and DeviantArt.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: May 29 2015, 06:55 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: May 30 2015, 11:42 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

So I know you already reviewed Prestidigitation, but seeing as I've finished what may be the last thing I ever write think you could give me a review on it?

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: May 31 2015, 12:03 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ May 30 2015, 06:42 PM)
So I know you already reviewed Prestidigitation, but seeing as I've finished what may be the last thing I ever write think you could give me a review on it?

Sure! Don't I need to read the rest of the series first, though? Which I don't mind doing, I've been meaning to get around to it for a while.

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 1 2015, 04:13 AM

Oh yeah you'd definitely need to read the rest of the series first...

For some reason I thought you already had... Ah well hope you enjoy!

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Last Rites
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 04:50 AM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

Hexillith, long time no see!

I humbly submit, for your review if you so desire, any of the blogs in my signature with the exception of Between the Party Lines (not yet finished), and The Sycamore Project (collection of short stories, NOT a true blog).

In The Dark Shadows follows a creature of my own creation, the Weeping Willow, and is more or less about her relationship and ongoing battle against the Slender Man. I wrote it about a year ago.

Open Season is a Slenderblog - Runner horror with a little bit of a twist. There are no Proxies, I literally went back to Slendy's roots (LOL, roots) for it and tried to make it purely about the predator, his prey, and the nature of the hunt.

Shelly Loves Succulents! is my first Fearblog, and it's not that good in my opinion. It's short and sweet and involves the Intrusion.

Night Class and Breaking the Waves are special - they were written in response to a competition called Shatter the Comfort Zone wherein the author was tasked with using Fears in stories that they normally do not. Night Class is about the Nightlanders, and Breaking the Waves involves an interesting take on the Convocation... Both of them are fairly short. I ended up deciding I liked writing with the Convocation, but not with the Nightlanders. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Graham, Positive is a story that uses the Plague Doctor, and was written in response to last year's big Ebola scare. I wanted to make the fear realistic, make the horror more real - and what better way to do that than to actually play on real knowledge of bacteria and disease? I enjoyed writing it and I think it's some of my better work.

Twelve Days is a multiFear blog about a man whose wife is succumbing to cancer, and his struggle to deal with that during Christmastime. It takes place in my hometown of Grand Rapids, MI and has some interesting takes on several Fears. It was written in response to my mother suspecting she had breast cancer, and the fear my family had that the screening might come back positive. It was also written in memory of my late grandfather, who passed of esophageal cancer back in 2008. It was really hard on me, because I was very close to him. I think it's yet another of some of my best work.

Drywall and Wiring and MachineHead are both short stories, but you can review them too if you want. Anything on The Sycamore Project, which is all poems and short stories about the Slender Man, are also reviewable individually if you want.

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 05:08 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

Alright, I'll get to it! I've read a couple of your blogs and liked them. Thanks for the detailed information!

PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jun 8 2015, 03:22 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

I'm working my way towards Cresting the Wave, but in the meantime, here's a review of Urban Malefic.

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 9 2015, 12:50 AM

Yay thank you.

I can answer one question.

They state That Portnoy for some strange reason has a connection to the empty City which is why he gains the ability to
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Control the city by the end of the story. He's merely awakening to the power he already had.

however that explanation is rather vague still and doesn't actually explain anything. However more about Portnoy and his strange powers are revealed as you continue through the entirety of The Somniverse.

Archon of Chaos.

>Cresting The Wave

Last Rites
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jun 9 2015, 01:49 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Jun 8 2015, 07:50 PM)
Yay thank you.

I can answer one question.

They state That Portnoy for some strange reason has a connection to the empty City which is why he gains the ability to
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Control the city by the end of the story. He's merely awakening to the power he already had.

however that explanation is rather vague still and doesn't actually explain anything. However more about Portnoy and his strange powers are revealed as you continue through the entirety of The Somniverse.

Oh, okay. I look forward to reading more!

PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jun 21 2015, 04:36 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Review of Twelve Days

Reviews are probably going to be slow for a bit. I'm having a very busy couple of weeks.

PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 05:31 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Review of Graham, Positive

By the way, reviews written for this thread will also go up on the Mythos Review blog, unless you request otherwise.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll