Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Playlists For Your Blog
DarkShadows
 Posted: Mar 4 2014, 04:28 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

Alright, here's a prototype for a Twelve Days soundtrack. I tried to pick the best song for the chapter or for the character's thoughts, and many of them come from my personal playlist on Youtube. I'll probably change this around as needed.

1. The Twelve Days of Christmas, Traditional (obvious why)

2. Theme Song: Demons, Imagine Dragons (This was the song that, as I stated before, kind of cemented the way Twelve Days would feel. It just encapsulates the entire story to me.)

3. Prologue - Worried: Sirens, Pearl Jam (Michael's thoughts and feelings about Andrea.)

4. The Omen: Distance, Slender: The Arrival OST (I wanted something subtly ominous and "wrong" to portray the first meeting between Michael and the Man/The Omen, and as luck would have it a Slenderman video game already had the music I was looking for. The entire soundtrack from this game is just great, but the connection between it and Slendy being in this chapter is totally coincidental.)

5. Abandoned: Violet Hill, Coldplay (There is a lot of Coldplay on this list, and yes they are a favorite band of mine. This song is a favorite of mine. It has the snow theme in the lyrics, sounds like a portent of potential things to come, and ultimately speaks to a fear of being abandoned by a lover. This basically is Michael's thoughts about himself and Andrea after meeting the Boy/The Abandoned.)

6. The Affliction: Breaking Down, Florence + the Machine (Michael's thoughts about the inevitability of his fear weighing on him, as well as his thoughts after meeting both the Surgeon and the Man again.)

7. Whispers In The Dark: Conceal, Slender: The Arrival OST (Another S:TA track! This one has always been one I could imagine something creeping up behind you to, and fits well with Michael's feelings of dread during his sleep paralysis incident.)

8. In Anguish: Talk, Coldplay (There's a lot of talking done in this chapter, between Michael ("I feel like they're talking in a language I don't speak, and they're talking it to me."), The Therapist/Anguish/Burning Bride ("You could take a picture of something you see... You could climb a ladder up to the sun, [...] Or do something that's never been done."), and the Surgeon ("So you don't know where you're going, but you want to talk?"), and it encapuslates all three characters' thoughts about the events therein.)

9. Fateful Meeting: … In Another Life, When We Are Cats, Maybeshewill (The general feeling of this piece is one of meeting someone you swear you were fated to meet, or have met before, and in general it just felt right for this scene. Birds, after all, don't need words - they communicate through song, don't they?)

10. Consumed: Clocks, Coldplay (This Coldplay song speaks more of being confused and lost concerning someone else. It could be read as a love song, but it also reads as almost a tirade of emotions about someone, particularly frustration. It also has several references to water and quite a bit of repetition. This is basically Michael's thoughts after the events where he's at the hospital and hears the dripping tap.)

11. Howl: In My Place, Coldplay (This song basically explains Michael's thoughts during and after the events of this chapter. It speaks of regrets and of waiting for something inevitable to happen, plus it feels like someone pining for a love they are losing. "How long must you wait for it", that thing you need to decide? "How long must you pay for it", the torment of losing a loved one?)

12. Raggedy: Believe, The Bravery (This is one of my favorite songs, ever. It's about someone despairing over their fear and powerlessness, and included in the lyrics is this echo of "what are we/you waiting for?" This is essentially Michael's thoughts before, during, and after this chapter's events.)

13. Ave: Isolate, Slender: The Arrival OST (I needed a song that suggested hopelessness and the feeling of being left all alone. Since the Priest/Archangel in this chapter basically tells Michael, "nope, God's dead and religion cannot help you now, find your own way out of this mess", I felt this song pretty well encapsulated a sense of loss, emptiness, powerlessness, and despair. It also has the ringing of heavy bells (church bells?) and a grandiose, swelling, all-encapsulating feeling, much like a church should have, but just... wrong, somehow. Plus OMG it's so pretty this is my favorite song on the S:TA OST. This neatly encapsulates Michael's feelings during this chapter, all the way up to the end of it.)

14. The Culmination: Into The Labyrinth, Kraddy (This admittedly is a slightly forced fit. It feels like you're discovering something that should have stayed secret, like a build-up to a final conclusion that happens within the song itself. That I think makes it a halfway decent fit for a chapter where things come to a head, the climax happens, and Michael finally banishes the last of his fears - despite his anxiety persisting, that is.)

15. Catharsis: Say Something – A Great Big World (AKA, that horribly sad song that's on the radio all the time these days. Pretty blatant here. This song is about losing a loved one or "breaking up" in some way, and fits very well with this chapter. Imagine this song playing in the background to Michael's last minutes with Andrea and try (try being the operative word) not to bawl like a small child. I think it might be damn well impossible not to cry.)

16. Snowfall: The Scientist, Coldplay (This song is another favorite Coldplay song of mine, and at first glance it speaks of someone trying to rekindle a lost romance. However, in the actual music video for it, we see that the singer has apparently lost his lover in a car crash, making it much more a song about coming to terms with loss and "going back to the start" to try and move on. Hey, "Nobody said it was easy", but "no one ever said it would be so hard", either.)

EDIT: Now with links! :D

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 12:28 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Because I am now at the point in Viceking's Graab where the bulk of the writing is done and I'm just waiting on certain other things before I can finally post it, I think I'll make a playlist for it!

Else He's Called No Name At All: The Ambience of the Graab
In no particular order, and with subtitles that are hardly accurate.

??? WELCOME TO THE GRAAB
??? THE POSTMAN'S PROGRESS
??? ENTER THE BLOGOSPHERE
??? REQUIEM FOR OUR FEARS
??? THE ARCHITECT'S FOLLY
??? FOLLOWERS OF THE VICEKING
??? AQUALUNG'S CATACOMBS
??? EPIC BATTLE PART 1
??? EPIC BATTLE PART 2
??? THE DYING MAN
??? THE VICEKING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING

Some songs withheld.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Vinyl Asylum
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 01:46 AM

Corrupted

Member No.: 376

I'm really excited about this.

FEAR MYTHOS BLOGS
-David's Dream Journal
(http://ofnightmaresanddreams.blogspot.com/)
-Calls of the Silent Forsaken
(http://hearthemcallingfromoutside.blogspot.com/)
-Aboard the Dreadnaught (http://inthehallsofdeathsship.blogspot.com/)
SLENDER MAN MYTHOS BLOGS
-Pictures of Nature
(http://imagesfromtheworldaroundus.blogspot.com/)
NONFICTION BLOGS
-Musings
(https://www.tumblr.com/blog/musingsonhorrorandotherstuff)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 03:31 PM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Member No.: 408

Ditto. I just hope its not his last blog/story thing.
PM
TeaTimeTraitor
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 01:45 PM

They/Them/Theirs (Genderqueer)

Member No.: 418

For Vinyl...

First four out of seven playlists. I will slowly try to get all seven up

I Know Everything About You- The Choir/Smiling Man

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
A Stranger- Perfect Circle
A Drop Filled With Memories- Susumu Hirasawa
Song of the Lonely Mountain (extended version)- Neil Finn
Someone I Used to Know- Goyte
Who Am I?- Les Miserables Original Broadway Cast version
15 Secrets- (I have no idea who sung this. I got it from a playlist online and yeah...)
Paranoid- Black Sabbath
The Outsider- Mariana and the Diamonds
Cloud of Unknowing- Gorillaz
What You Never Know- Sarah Brightman
Bells & Whistles from Serenade Schizophrenia- Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
Name of Memory- Megapoid Gumi
When You're Strange- The Doors
The Ghost of You- Vitamin String Quartet cover
"I Forget" from Serenade Schizophrenia- Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
Deceiver of Fools- Within Temptation
Hear No, See No- Ian Brown
Fragment of Memory- Masashi Hamauzu
Spider Fingers- Lacrymosa

Isolate and Save You From Yourself- Cold Boy

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
The End of Everything- Trivium
Then There Were Two- John Murphy
How to Disappear Completely- Radiohead
Mister Cellophane from Chicago
Is There Anyone Out There?- Pink Floyd
Parting Forever- Irish Folk Song- the variant I have is from a collection of arrangements for flute by Jessica Walsh
On My Own- Les Miserables Original Broadway Cast version
Empty Spaces- Pink Floyd
He Doesn't See Me- Sarah Brightman
Message in A Bottle- The Police
All Alone- Gorillaz
Hollow- A Perfect Circle
Cold as Ice- Foreigner
Goodbye Blue Skies- Pink Floyd
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of War Drums- A Perfect Circle
Called Out in the Dark- Snow Patrol
In Darkness Let Me Dwell (Dowland)- preformed by Sting and Eden Karamazov
Forlorn Hope Fancy (Dowland)- preformed by Sting and Eden Karamazov
Call Me, Call Me- Steve Conte (from Cowboy BeBop OST 2)
Leave Me Cold- Yuki Kajiura

Let's Make A Bargain- Jack of All

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hoist the Colours- from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Asshole- Denis Leary
Cry Little Sister- cover by Gerard McMann
Red Right Hand- Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Black Heart- Calexico
Sympathy for the Devil- The Rolling Stones
Break the Spell- Gogol Bordello
Toungtied- Grouplove
Dark Chest of Wonders- Nightwish
Sweet As Whole- Sara Barellies
Friends on the Other Side- from Princess and The Frog
Cosmic Dare (Pretty with Pistol in Hand)- Seatbelts (from Cowboy BeBop OST 4)
House of the Rising Sun- The Animals
Give Us Powers- Vince Pope
Think of England- IAMX
Theme from "To Kill a Dead Man"- Portishead
Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name)- Chumbawamba
Hocus Pocus- Focus
Crossroad Blues- Rory Block
Lucy Fears The Morning Star- Diablo Swing Orchestra
Dead Man's Party- Oingo Boingo

Preludes and Nocturnes- Grotesque

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Radioactive (Acoustic cover)- Imagine Dragons
Deliver Us- from Prince of Egypt
Pyramid Song- Radiohead
Drove Through Ghosts to Get Here- 65daysofstatic
Tessellate- Alt-J
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan- Nightwish
Rosenrot- Rammstein
Written in The Stars- Tinie Tempah
Kefka- from FF VI, but you want the piano cover of this
Parade- Susumu Hirasawa
Gotta Knock A Little Harder- Seatbelts (from Cowboy BeBop OST 4)
Misty Mountains - from the first Hobbit film
Stars- Les Miserables Original Broadway Cast version
Apres Moi- Regina Spektor
Pirate Jenny- Nina Simone
The Dream is Collapsing- Hans Zimmer (ie, the awesome piece of music from Inception)
Paris is Burning- St Vincent
Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Rockabye Baby! version, not the original. It'll make sense once you hear it...honest
A Bad Dream- Keane
Hide and Seek (mmm whatcha say)- Imogen Heap
Somewhere a Clock is Ticking- Snow Patrol
Happy Ending- Mika
The Crystal Ship- The Doors

~ Pulling off Masks (complete) ~ Tea Time with the Traitor (on hiatus) ~ Mine Eyes Have Seen (active)

One day I'll actually finish up everything else, as well
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 05:48 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

*snifffff* Ahhhh, I love that Playlist Thread smell. I've got a playlist for Topography Genera! ..most of it is Between the Buried and Me and Genesis, but goddammit maybe they're so prominent because they make beautiful songs.

Chamber Music: wherein songs provide more insight for the cascading voices in Topography Genera

"Fossil Genera (A Feed From Cloud Mountain)" (The song that inspired it all. The Night Owls want us to prepare for their apocalypse.)
"The Battle of Epping Forest" (Liquid Len's name, as well as the names of quite a few other characters, come from this sprawling piece mythologizing petty English gang disputes.)
"Duchess" (A simple pretty tale of the rise and fall of a singer. This, as well as the rest of the Duke suite, influenced some of the earlier seeds that are still playing out.)
"Mordecai" (On personal happiness and performances.)
"Desert of Song" (If you find it difficult to get into Between the Buried and Me, this is the song for you, absolutely gorgeous. Also planted many more seeds for the ambience and tone of the overall story, and provided a name for an important character.)
"The Lost Vikings" (Somehow I based an entire blog off of this one song, a comedy metal song about vikings who are lost and are too proud to ask for directions. I have no regrets.)
"Mad Man Moon" (The grass is always greener, and the sandman is here to comment on that.)
"White Walls" (This is all we have when we die.)
"Can-Utility and the Coastliners" (The scattered pages of a book by the sea, held by the sand, washed by the waves. A noble king demonstrates his powerlessness in the face of the rising waves.)
"Hell's Kitchen" (Utter beauty.)
"Dancing with the Moonlit Knight" (Not only was this the basis for the name of Moonlit Whispers, but it also gave us-- through good ol' English capitalist satire-- some important names.)
"Abacab" (Some say the Code of Abacab was named as such because it was first written on the back of an album. Perhaps the world may never know, thanks to the transmutation of truth.)
"Selkies: The Endless Obsession" (Television terror juxtaposed by mythological skin-wearers.)
"Lateralus" (Admittedly wound up reminding me that Genera exists and influencing more of the story than I'm even aware of. Fuguetory in particular was definitely the child of this song.)
"In the Wake of Poseidon" (One of Poseidon's many epithets was "the earth-shaker." I also happen to adore King Crimson's first two albums.)
"Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary" (This piece has influenced many of my stories. Tale of the Lost Vikings was one of them.)
"Bloom" (The bizarre goings-on of Topography Genera Center North can be summarized in this very.. alarmingly EAT-like song.)
"Life in Velvet" (Had to sneak this in somewhere. Very late-game stuff.)
"Melting City" (Oddly enough, this song took me the longest time to get into out of all of the Parallax opera, but now I consider it the crucial demonstration of its central theme. Not only is this where we get the Black Mask from, but this is also a perfect example of the discordant parallax tragic cadence-lacking narrative that Topography Genera somehow managed to become.)
"Ad a dglgmut" (It all makes sense; we're capable of beauty through sounds that make one cringe. You can't understand me. You sing along to nothing.)
"Silent Flight Parliament" (The moment I finally listened to this song along with the lyrics, I knew this would significantly drive the tone for the directions Topography Genera would eventually go in. I also knew that it would have to be a long-term influence, one I'd build up to. The story's finally getting to that part. I'm the Night Owl. Built by the alien gods, a necessity for the existence of all life. I see all, I hear all. I return in the day, but you will never see me-- only my eyes, the blaring yellow sphere. This song is also the culmination of both Prospects as characters-- Prospect 1 unintentionally wound up influencing Liquid Len a lot, Prospect 2.. well. Prospect 2 is just an all-around grandiose character. "I awake to the sound of laughter-- like a mighty god casting his spells on the world below. The man is me.")

BONUS TRACK: "Harlequin" (Listen to this song and keep in mind that this is literally the single source behind my calling The Wooden Girl this in Rapture. After you've been confused for about two minutes, remember that I was sixteen at the time. I.. like to think I've gotten better at being influenced over the years, if that's even a thing.)

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Vinyl Asylum
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 08:01 PM

Corrupted

You've both made my day. Thank you.

FEAR MYTHOS BLOGS
-David's Dream Journal
SLENDER MAN MYTHOS BLOGS
-Pictures of Nature
NONFICTION BLOGS
-Musings
PM
Omega
 Posted: Sep 18 2015, 12:22 PM

Hero of JUSTICE!

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 21

Playlist for The Soulless Empress:

1. Blumenkranz (Correctly pronounced German version): The royal family
2. Labyrinth: The Tower
3. The Master: Escape
4. Yellow Flicker Beat: Epilogue

PM
Vinyl Asylum
 Posted: Oct 27 2015, 09:13 PM

Corrupted

This needs more love... I'm gonna make one as soon as my video series starts.

FEAR MYTHOS BLOGS
-David's Dream Journal
SLENDER MAN MYTHOS BLOGS
-Pictures of Nature
NONFICTION BLOGS
-Musings
PM
Omega
 Posted: Oct 30 2015, 12:11 PM

Hero of JUSTICE!

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 21

Well here's some songs that can go along with Omega's Bizarre Adventure. They don't go with any specific scenes/arcs, they're just the general kinda themes with this blog.

THE HERO!!

Barkley's Bizarre Adventure

TENGEN OPPA GANGNAM LAGANN!

PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 27 2016, 06:27 PM

Has a really nice vest.

Member No.: 363

Playlist I've been listening to as I work on my current story. Possible spoilers (that are revealed early on, but still). Will add links when on laptop.

1.Lost in the Darkness
2.Jesus of Suburbia
3.Saint Jimmy
4.Before The Lobotomy
5.Façade
6.Walk Away From Light
7.The Monsters Loose (Meatloaf)
8.Mass (J&H concept album)
9.Confrontation
10.The Death of Saint Jimmy

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll