Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Looking for advice
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 02:07 AM

Has a really nice vest.

Group: Members
Member No.: 363

Hey. J here. So uhh yeah. Im not entirely sure if this is the right fourm for this thread, but if its not, yall can just move it with yer adminy powers n' stuff (im on mobile right now and can for the life of me remember which fourm is which).

But anyways, I'm lookin' fer adivce.

So when I started writing my Aliceverse, my intentions were to do a version of alice in wonderland using fears.

As anyone whos read it can see, nothing could be further from what it is.
When I was in japan, I had a "stroke of genius" to make the character of JOKER, from a joke blog into a main character, and the mad hatter. Not only that, but create a character for the white knight, and make the great game a major part of the verse!

I hate myself for doing so.

By that time I had already effed up what was happening by rushing the "doors" segment. So I was trying to create filler, and thats not good.

Ok, sorry I'm rambling. Let me get to the point.

So I want to scrap my current idea and rewrite the entire damn verse.
Only problem is, I've gotten too attached to the bullshit crap I've been passing off as a story to get rid of it. (If ye haven't noticed, I'm majorly bipolar).

So, since I can't make up my mind on what to do, I'll let you all help me decide (And before ye sugest it, I tried flipping a coin. Peter made me re-flip it. Ect.)

Thanks in advance!
Arigato-Gozaimas!

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 08:04 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

I suggest sticking with it. You can rewrite it, that's not a bad idea at all, but if any part of you thinks an idea is needed, stick with that idea. Dig deep inside you to try and think of why that idea is needed. Don't listen to any thoughts of why it isn't needed, instead look at why it has to be that way.

The thing is, pulling from random mental images is one of the best sources for writing as long as you know what to do with them. The best stories pull from our subconscious because our subconscious can see where a story needs to go from a mile away. The key is just figuring out how to decipher the nuanced language of our deeper thoughts and translate them into literary semiotics.

I do think rewriting is a good idea, but just don't ditch the ideas themselves. Rewrite for the sake of removing filler and inserting more foreshadowing to later ideas and planning the order of events. There's no reason why a blog can't have multiple drafts.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Impereld
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 03:50 PM

Awakened

Member No.: 36

Everybody hates their own work at some point.

If you want to rewrite it, then do it. If you want to carry on and try to get it back to your original idea, that's cool as well. Hell, if you want, you can make everything you wrote a hallucination and turn it into a post-apocalyptic story about ninja robot wombats.

Don't think that your only options are rewrite or continue with a story you don't like. Think sideways! Destroy the universe! Kick your story in the teeth and just have fun with it.

If you don't enjoy it, what's the point?
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 04:24 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

One of the most important characters in the Daniel-Verse was originally an insane drunk-post that I decided to roll with anyway and ended up turning out pretty good in the end.

What I'm trying to say is any idea you have can be good if you put enough thought into it and plan things out right.

Go ahead and reboot the blog if you think that would help.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 07:11 PM

Dum spiro, scribo

Member No.: 259

QUOTE (Acelegin @ Feb 6 2014, 04:24 PM)
One of the most important characters in the Daniel-Verse was originally an insane drunk-post that I decided to roll with anyway

Which one?

user posted image
PM
Funden
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 07:12 PM

Phones

Member No.: 25

You don't have to delete it to reboot. Start writing your new one and say it's an alternate verse. Then you can do both whenever the urge strikes.

I sometimes still exist.
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 09:50 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tigerhallam @ Feb 6 2014, 11:11 AM)

Which one?

Myrir

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 12:10 AM

Has a really nice vest.

Hah, lol.
Thats honestly what happened with the Hatter. Originally, Jack was supposed to be the hatter, but now its JOKER.

But thx guys. I think Ima try to just move it back to where I was originally going with it, then back to the current version for the ending.

Speaking of which, Ace, you created Game Master, Right? Can I use an AU version of him?

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 03:13 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Feb 6 2014, 04:10 PM)
Hah, lol.
Thats honestly what happened with the Hatter. Originally, Jack was supposed to be the hatter, but now its JOKER.

But thx guys. I think Ima try to just move it back to where I was originally going with it, then back to the current version for the ending.

Speaking of which, Ace, you created Game Master, Right? Can I use an AU version of him?

Yeah, go ahead

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 03:56 AM

Has a really nice vest.

Cool, thx~

PM
yeoldefreakshow
 Posted: Feb 20 2014, 09:28 AM

A person

Member No.: 340

I would imagine putting the fears in the Alice wonderland universe would be quite difficult, but then again I know NOTHING about writing so I could not really comment

A blog that has nothing to do with the fear mythos at all but is just a terrible attempt to be funny http://thisistheadresshi.blogspot.co.uk/
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 20 2014, 01:55 PM

Has a really nice vest.

QUOTE (yeoldefreakshow @ Feb 20 2014, 02:28 AM)
I would imagine putting the fears in the Alice wonderland universe would be quite difficult, but then again I know NOTHING about writing so I could not really comment

Depends on what type of AiW universe you use.

Madness returns would work quite well, and so would the one fro sci-fy's ALICE. But in all honnesty, a good writer could pull it off in any AiWU.
Hunting Of The Snark by Alliterator (even though it was just nicknames) did a good job.

I'm kinda giving it another shot with "White Rabbit", so we'll see how that turns out.

Another AiWU that could be used well would be "Pandora Hearts".

PM
Nate.
 Posted: Mar 16 2014, 04:04 AM

Innocent

Member No.: 373

Hmmm....My first blog was 5 posts that i vehemently re-wrote after reading them for the first time. Try finishing the verse and see what you're not happy with. Then, maybe just create a few blogs to run parallel to what you had originally. :lol:
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Mar 24 2014, 08:55 PM

Has a really nice vest.

QUOTE (Nate. @ Mar 15 2014, 09:04 PM)
Hmmm....My first blog was 5 posts that i vehemently re-wrote after reading them for the first time. Try finishing the verse and see what you're not happy with. Then, maybe just create a few blogs to run parallel to what you had originally.  :lol:

Nah, I just sorta re-booted the whole verse XD.

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll