Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Open Source Characters
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jan 22 2012, 02:59 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

I've decided to open source the Femme Fatale Slenderproxy from my upcoming PI blog before I begin writing the blog she features in. With access to the Path of Black Leaves she could show up anywhere and still feature in my blog. All I ask is that she not be killed off without permission and that no drastic changes in her character take place.

No one knows her real name, she's used so many aliases and back-stories even she may have forgotten her past before she began serving her Father. So far very few people have connected the beautiful woman with an uncanny resemblance to Rita Hayworth with the masked killer Mame. Unless they do make the connection most people have no idea at all that she's a Proxy.

Usually she operates as a honey trap, seducing targets for information or to set them up for someone else to kill - or even to try and recruit a Runner to her side. She's also not above slipping her target a mickey if it will serve her purposes. When she needs to kill someone herself her preferred weapon is a garrote. When planning to kill she puts on her mask and brings along the "la loupe" style garrote preferred by the French Foreign Legion (see the linked wiki article), however when in civilian garb she always wears a silk scarf or some other item that can be used as a garrote in a pinch. She has also shown skill in Krav Maga. The only supernatural ability she has shown is the access to the Path of Black Leaves common to Slenderproxies.

She has also been known to develop an inexplicable fondness for the occasional Runner in which case she has been known to aid them, even against other Proxies (Slenderproxies as well as those of other Fears). Some worry that she's just setting her hook even further to make a future betrayal more emotionally damaging but it hasn't happened yet.

The name "Mame" comes from the song "Put the Blame on Mame" written for the 1946 film "Gilda" and sung by Rita Hayworth's character. The fact that it's pronounced exactly like "Maim" is just a happy coincidence. There are other verses to the song but I thought I'd link to the original performance.

Crossposting this to the Opensource characters thread on Slender Nation.
PM
Wintermarch
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 08:28 PM

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 29

If anyone wants to come up with a crazy story explaining me surviving the Rake just to kill me off again, I'd be totally okay with that.
PM
Love
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 08:43 PM

Fear is foolish.

Member No.: 17

Neomaria scares the crap out of me. Just saying, I would love to see her used.

...and Winter, you want to be killed off again? ^.^

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 09:51 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Portnoy is open source in the empty city only as soon as the end goes live tomorrow.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 10:18 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

QUOTE (Love @ Jan 29 2012, 03:43 PM)
Neomaria scares the crap out of me. Just saying, I would love to see her used.

...and Winter, you want to be killed off again? ^.^

Don't we already have Omega for that? :-P
PM
Wintermarch
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 10:45 PM

Runner

Member No.: 29

What, I can't have fun dying too?
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 3 2012, 04:36 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

The Children of the Cold and The Winter Court are both Open Source now.

The Children of the Cold are the Cold Boy's proxies. They all agreed to become numb - which means that their bodies are technically dead. So the normal means of killing proxies - shooting, stabbing, et cetera - won't work. You pretty much have to cut off their head. (Burning probably won't work since they are sort of surrounded by an aura of coldness - and cold is simply a subtraction of heat, so fire tends to die down around them.)

The Winter Court is the eldritch dimension where the Children of the Cold live and use to travel. At first, it may just look like the same city, but with snow and ice everywhere, but soon it becomes different. All the buildings are made of ice and are intricate structures. All buildings except one, however: the Winter's Heart where you can see the "true" form of the Cold Boy. All the Children of the Cold have seen it only once - and it turns their eyes black (though Claire can change her eye color in some unknown way to disguise that fact) and begins the process of their becoming numb/dead.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 01:55 AM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

Member No.: 3

oh! Forgot to say this, but the official colors of the Timberwolves are green and yellow!

There are bridges over rivers. There are moments of collapse.
There are drivers with their feet on the glass.
You can kick but you can’t get out.
There is history in the Rooms of the House.
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 03:04 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

QUOTE (CuteWithoutThe @ Feb 3 2012, 08:55 PM)
oh! Forgot to say this, but the official colors of the Timberwolves are green and yellow!

Thanks, the Timberwolves are probably going to be the subject of the next "The Most Dangerous Game" post.
PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 03:45 AM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

No problem!

Oh, and 2 other things.

I didn't want to reveal it yet, because it's a bit spoiler-y, but the Dying Man is somewhat behind the creation and formation of The Timberwolves.

Let's just say that the Timberwolves are apart of a deal with The Archangel and The Dying Man. This is the third deal between the two Fears.

2nd thing: Alliterator, would The Timberwolves and The Children of the Cold possibly have a rivalry with each other?

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 04:10 AM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Oh and Karen and The Liar (Dying Man Piece) are open source now.

The Liar tends to possess Proxies and doesn't control his possessed physically only subtly controlling they're thoughts and there so controlling what they say and do without actually giving anything that would show the person as possessed. Unlike normal Dying Man Pieces he prefers to stay hidden and keep a low profile.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 05:40 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

2nd thing: Alliterator, would The Timberwolves and The Children of the Cold possibly have a rivalry with each other?

Possibly, if you want to use that in a story.

The Timberwolves are human, though, and can be killed by normal means. The Children of the Cold are dead and, well, can only be killed like zombies can.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 05:52 AM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

Oh, I knew that. I meant more in terms of territory.

PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 05:58 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Sure. I don't know if the Children of the Cold really care about territory, though. They all live in the Winter Court, except for those who are stalking
some of the Cold Boy's new victims.

Sometimes they do like to come out and play, though. (Most of them are children - less than sixteen years of age. Some are older, but not many.)

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
MesserTod
 Posted: Feb 4 2012, 06:06 AM

I Hate My Brain

Member No.: 41

So many new Timberwolves details... Not sure if I'll be able to work them into my future projects...

Baby's first blog: Wherein an angry man goes crazy

Also, an OOG Tumblr where I do a whole lot of stuff. I might talk about my blogs, the Mythos in general, or the vlog my brother is planning. Or I might blather on forever about other stuff and reblog random shit from everywhere. Whatever floats my boat, basically.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll