Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Open Source Characters
Allanbag
 Posted: Feb 5 2012, 11:41 PM

Not as great as the other Allan

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Towerborn are now open-source.
The Towerborn are my interpretation of a Newborn proxy. They are once-humans, taken by the Manufactured Newborn. Their bodies are then repurposed, taken apart, filled with new, better parts, and put back together. These machine-people appear almost completely normal, bar a few differences (ticking noises, the sound of metal when they move). They also posses a limited ability to assimilate machinery into themselves, like their master. The Towerborn act as scouts, finding places for the newborn to best absorb new material.

Not even sure it's a good idea... Just putting it out there for people to build on if they wish.
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 12:09 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

So I guess you did like my name? :D

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
Allanbag
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 12:13 AM

Not as great as the other Allan

Member No.: 38

Very much so. I'm considering editing Cobbled tomorrow when I can to include the name :P
PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: Feb 17 2012, 01:39 AM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

Member No.: 3

Charlotte is gone now, yes. However, I am thinking of including her in a future character's backstory. Lizard, how flexible is Charlotte's early childhood?

Furthermore, could I actually use her again?

There are bridges over rivers. There are moments of collapse.
There are drivers with their feet on the glass.
You can kick but you can’t get out.
There is history in the Rooms of the House.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Feb 17 2012, 01:41 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I never created a Charlotte backstory so... very flexible. Proxiehunter had a blog that implied that she used to play Janice on Candle Cove.

Also, you can use her as long as it's in the past. It would be hard to bring her back to life, seeing as her body is kinda sorta being used by the Wooden Girl right now.

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
Amy
 Posted: Feb 17 2012, 01:47 AM

Lampshading your life.

Member No.: 66

Depends on if Wooden Girl kept the bodies. She could have always "grown" another, or taken them over.

I told them to ignore me. They didn't listen.

A man in a gas mask. A man without a face. A face without a man. A shadow of your former self. A boy in isolation. A girl who pulls the strings. A man who is a dog. A dog made of men. A man who has our pasts. A blur in our perception. A convocation of birds. A thing with ill will. A judge in the sun. A beast below.

An eldritch Rapture.

Rapture is coming.

Don’t go in the Doors.
PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 12:53 AM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

Don't worry, it won't be in the present day.

Anyways, dunno if I said this or not, but those who are interested in writing for The Timberwolves,...I encourage you to read the novel, and WATCH THE movie, Fight Club.

PM
Omega
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 01:00 AM

Hero of JUSTICE!

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 21

Right. I shall read the movie Fight Club immediately. ;)

PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 01:02 AM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

instead of admitting my mistake...

YER DAMN RIGHT YOU WILL

PM
MesserTod
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 03:27 AM

I Hate My Brain

Member No.: 41

Umm... Shit. I'll try my best, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get Fight Club in at all...

But then again, the Timberwolves are pretty minor in my blog. I doubt I'll miss much.

Baby's first blog: Wherein an angry man goes crazy

Also, an OOG Tumblr where I do a whole lot of stuff. I might talk about my blogs, the Mythos in general, or the vlog my brother is planning. Or I might blather on forever about other stuff and reblog random shit from everywhere. Whatever floats my boat, basically.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Feb 20 2012, 07:07 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Here is a quick rundown of Jester's cronies, the Misfits:

They are five Dolls who were given to Jester by the Wooden Girl. They are all male. Jester named them himself. He rarely uses them in the field, as he prefers to do things himself, but he does deploy them to aid in his more complex games and "jokes".

Lady: 17 years old. Jester castrated him and makes him dress in bright pink clothes. Lady is usually used to flirt with people and put them off guard... or just for the lulz.

Mr. Bun: 34 years old. He's a big hulking brute of a man. Jester sewed his lips shut, except for a small opening in the middle, big enough for a straw.

Crybaby: 79 years old. He's a spry old man who's a bit more resistant to being a doll than most. Occasionally, he's able to sort of break free... but all he's able to do is sob with heartbreak and frustration. Jester thinks that's funny.

Face: 25 years old. An utterly average man with no personality to speak of. Jester calls him "Face" because he has one, that's pretty much all you can really say to describe him.

Gigglepuss: 29 years old. A sadomasochist who's covered in self-inflicted scars, and giggles like crazy whenever he receives or inflicts pain.

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Mar 12 2012, 10:29 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

So as stated in the Shoutbox. The Emisssary of The End (IE. The horrific Fear melded creature Faceless and Portnoy fought in The Empty City) is completely open source.

It and three other creatures (The Envoy, The Herald and The End) are creatures from a doomed universe entirely conquered by The Fears which in this universe consisted of these four creatures alone.

So yeah if anyone is doing an inter dimensional story feel free to use these creatures. The emissary is the only one with any actual description the rest feel free to do whatever you want with them.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Apr 21 2012, 12:52 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

The Panopticon is open source. Just don't go crazy with them - they are smart and capable, but consider it their job to make sure that the "Slender Man meme-complex" (and the other Fears) is eradicated...through the use of a counter-meme ("This is the best of all possible worlds") and "reeducation."

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 04:43 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Member No.: 132

Hey LizardBite, I have use of an Analyst in the Malkator blog. Are you cool with that or should I think of something else?

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 30 2012, 11:13 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

If anyone is interested Detective Bowie (from my Manufactured Newborn story here) is available as a member of an SMSC like group from the founding of the Pinkertons in 1850 until the events of the story in June of 1855. The organization he worked for continued claiming it's members were Pinkerton Detectives (much like the SMSC claims it's agents are FBI) until shortly before the founding of the SMSC. Rumors that the SMSC is the same group as these Pinkerton agents are denied by all SMSC members who have replied to the question.

The New Mexico towns Devil's Fork and Santa Máquina (the blessed Machine in Spanish) from the same story are also available as settings for either historical or modern settings.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (11) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll