Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Fear Mythos Review Site!, In which people read and talk about it
alliterator
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 03:36 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

I appreciate all the reviews you do guys.

Perhaps you could review some of my...lesser works. Besides The End of Sorrow Lies, the ones I didn't think quite worked were: They Sought It With Thimbles (rushed the ending, which crossed over with This is Number Nine, another blog I am...not too proud of), Confessions of an Apopheniac (didn't quite know where I was going), the unimaginable universe (same thing, only with a better ending - a real experimental ending, but I don't know if it works), and The Foul Rag and Bone Shop (didn't quite introduce the Mother of Snakes that well).

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
Charlie
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 03:40 AM

A mystery wrapped in an enigma sealed with a kiss

Group: Conspirator (III)
Member No.: 49

Silent Will Be Swatted Like The Fly She Is

And said swatter will become a Fear of Extermination. DUN-DUN-DUN.

This made me laugh. xD

I agree with you on the characterization of Niel and Tallie. I wasn't really focused through those two chapters.

And, because you asked, I started writing posts in Nessie's blog a couple of weeks after I came up with the blog's concept. I started writing the actual blog later.

Also, what makes you think Silent is a girl? I purposely made Silent's entire identity unknown, gender included.

A writer’s brain is full of little gifts, like a piñata at a birthday party. It’s also full of demons, like a piñata at a birthday party in a mental hospital. The truth is, it’s demons that keep a tortured writer’s spirit alive, not Tootsie Rolls. Sure they’ll give you a tiny burst of energy, but they won’t do squat for your writing. So treat your demons with the respect they deserve, and with enough prescriptions to keep you wearing pants.
-Colin Nissan
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 03:50 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Note to self: FUTURE REVIEWS INCLUDE

- Amalgam
- Continuity Glue
- THE ALLITERATOR SAGA
- transfer all my old reviews, probably rewrite them
- LadyBug dude's blogs

Hopefully Madinrei will post her Act I review soon, and hopefully I'll stop being lazy and get back to writing Act IV soon. But those reviews, I can promise you guys!

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 04:04 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Member No.: 132

QUOTE (Malus @ Aug 19 2012, 06:23 PM)

Daniel and Friends

Oh yeah, I forgot about Jane... I should probably do something with her. And you're right, the plot tends to lean more toward action then horror, but I'm gonna try to work on that with the remainder of this arc. And the third arc will probably be have a decent mix of horror and confusing. And Daniel's not completely invincible. He has an edge when he's fighting the Fears themselves, but he's not as good when it comes to fighting the servants.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Funden
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 04:31 AM

Phones

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

I'd like to submit this.

I sometimes still exist.
PM
The Nameless One
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 04:42 AM

Corrupted

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 99

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Aug 19 2012, 09:50 PM)

- Amalgam
- Continuity Glue
- THE ALLITERATOR SAGA
- transfer all my old reviews, probably rewrite them
- LadyBug dude's blogs

Hopefully Madinrei will post her Act I review soon, and hopefully I'll stop being lazy and get back to writing Act IV soon. But those reviews, I can promise you guys!

In the first blog in Continuity Glue (with the same name) I should note there are a few posts with hidden text that you can only read by looking at the HTML code. Also, in multiple blogs there are some character moments in the comments, though they aren't completely necessary to understand what's going on in the story. Just letting you know, since you seem to get a bit annoyed at that sort of thing, preferring everything to be in the posts themselves.

Also, even though there is a link in my signature to the creepypasta "Christmas Tree" you don't have to worry about that yet since that has nothing to do with what's been written so far. The same could be said for "The Lake" and "The Sandman" unless I get to writing The All-Seeing Eye before you review the series.

In Girum Imus Nocte et Consumimur Igni

He Has Made Me Wise

Untitled Novel

Miscellaneous:
"Comfort and Joy"
PM
Knight
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 10:37 AM

Corrupted

Member No.: 168

And, because you asked, I started writing posts in Nessie's blog a couple of weeks after I came up with the blog's concept. I started writing the actual blog later.

Also, what makes you think Silent is a girl? I purposely made Silent's entire identity unknown, gender included.

Ah, okay... That's pretty cool. :)

I'm not sure, actually. It might be that I unconsciously picked female because of your username ("Amelia").

Oh yeah, I forgot about Jane... I should probably do something with her. And you're right, the plot tends to lean more toward action then horror, but I'm gonna try to work on that with the remainder of this arc. And the third arc will probably be have a decent mix of horror and confusing. And Daniel's not completely invincible. He has an edge when he's fighting the Fears themselves, but he's not as good when it comes to fighting the servants.

Alright, cool! Let me know when the blog ends so I can do the next part of my review.

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 06:04 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

- Amalgam

... *Starts hyperventilatng then foams at the mouth and passes out from joy*

Can't wait.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
DaLadybugMan
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 06:05 PM

Probably an expert or something, maybe

Member No.: 44

I may also be up to reviewing blogs for this, if you want more contributors.

PM
The Nameless One
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 06:38 PM

Corrupted

Member No.: 99

DJay, to help you out I'm gonna tell you something. I've read the first two Amalgam blogs Prestidigitation and Urban Malefic. They were pretty enjoyable. There, that should help save some time. ;)

In Girum Imus Nocte et Consumimur Igni

He Has Made Me Wise

Untitled Novel

Miscellaneous:
"Comfort and Joy"
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 06:43 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (DaLadybugMan @ Aug 20 2012, 07:05 PM)
I may also be up to reviewing blogs for this, if you want more contributors.

If you (OR ANYONE) want to send in a review, feel free. You can send it through a PM or even put it in this thread and I'll make sure it goes on the site and is credited to you. Or if you want to talk about becoming a member of the site so you can submit a more steady stream of content, we can also talk about that.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 08:26 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Member No.: 132

QUOTE (Malus @ Aug 20 2012, 02:37 AM)
Alright, cool! Let me know when the blog ends so I can do the next part of my review.

The blogs gonna be going on for a while, but I'll let you know when the second arc is over (which will be about 2 months I think)

Also, I recommend reading A New Fear Will Soon Be Born. It's sort of a side-by-side blog that crosses over with Daniel & Friends. And The Butterfly Proxy and My Soul Is On Fire help to fill in some of the plot-holes.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Pandora
 Posted: Aug 20 2012, 11:34 PM

23rd Doctor

Member No.: 141

Going to be reading & then reviewing in detail Something to Leave Behind by Konaa...should be done by the end of the week...

PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Aug 21 2012, 12:36 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (PandorasParadox @ Aug 20 2012, 06:34 PM)
Going to be reading & then reviewing in detail Something to Leave Behind by Konaa...should be done by the end of the week...

Nice. One of my favorite Slenderblogs, and now that I think of it the only one I still read that didn't originate here.
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 21 2012, 03:54 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Amalgam saga [1/2].

Prestidigitation, Urban Malefic, The World Through These Eyeholes, and Cold and Lonely Days.

Surprise surprise, reading and reviewing multiple blogs in one sitting is a great way to burn yourself out. I'll still do the last few blogs as well as Continuity Glue so far, but just.. I'm posting this and taking a break.

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll