Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Smiling Man On Camera, Trying to make it work
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 07:49 PM

Has a really nice vest.

Group: Members
Member No.: 363

So I've mentioned several times that I'm planning a smiling man vlog.

Only one problem: His Smile. Its supposed to be wider than his face, and I don't have Hollywood grade prosthetic's, and suck major ass at video editing.
So, any suggestions on how to make it work?

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 08:16 PM

Dum spiro, scribo

Member No.: 259

Either just have the smile be creepily wide (overdo it) but don't have anything physical wrong with it, or perhaps (if you can) you could edit the video? Blur the smile slightly or something.

user posted image
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 08:20 PM

Has a really nice vest.

QUOTE (Tigerhallam @ Feb 8 2014, 01:16 PM)
Either just have the smile be creepily wide (overdo it) but don't have anything physical wrong with it, or perhaps (if you can) you could edit the video? Blur the smile slightly or something.

Problem is, I can't do that on my programs for editing, and my smile isn't that wide.

Creepy, sure. but not wide.

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 08:23 PM

Dum spiro, scribo

Member No.: 259

What would still be sufficiently creepy is to be smiling as wide as possible the entire time, having him be positively beaming.

That sounds normal - until it's his only expression.

user posted image
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 08:46 PM

Has a really nice vest.

True.
I'm gonna buy pure black costume contacts for it, and borrow my friends straitjacket. Its black with silver locks.

PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 10:11 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Feb 8 2014, 02:49 PM)
So I've mentioned several times that I'm planning a smiling man vlog.

Only one problem: His Smile. Its supposed to be wider than his face, and I don't have Hollywood grade prosthetic's, and suck major ass at video editing.
So, any suggestions on how to make it work?

Considering what she did with a zipper, some latex makeup, and some Halloween face paint (and possibly normal makeup) I'm not sure you need Hollywood prosthetics. Not the same thing but if that can be done by an armature with easily obtained equipment I bet an extra wide smile can be too. Might take some experimentation and practice to get it right though.

Can't seem to get the video to post right so here's a link to it.

Edit: Well, that's why. But I just watched the damn thing, why is it unavailable?

A quick google is showing 10 oz of liquid latex makeup for $5.97. You might be able to find it even cheaper if you put effort into looking for it. Maybe combine it with some slight distortion effects if you think it looks a bit crap on camera.
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 10:41 PM

Has a really nice vest.

Thx, I might try that.

PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 24 2014, 11:23 PM

Has a really nice vest.

So, I've came up with a new idea. He'll have very thin joker-like scars, about an inch and a half on each side. Basically, that is his mouth when "closed". Sure, he can open and close his main mouth normally, and the scars wont open, but he can open his mouth wider, meaning the scars will open, similar to an enraged enderman. I probably won't show that, but I'll mention it in the series (unless I can get my hands on a reeeeeally good footage editing system). So yeah. Also, his eyes will be Octarine in color.

PM
Nate.
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 09:28 PM

Innocent

Member No.: 373

Maybe, maybe maybe maybe, you could shape some sort of mask out of clay? It might work. Sorry about all the maybes. It's my favourite word.
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Mar 13 2014, 03:21 AM

Has a really nice vest.

I'm not gonna give him a mask.
Actually, I've just decided he's gonna just be smiling. Just a regular old creepy stalkerish smile.

Mostly 'cause the main thing is not his smile, but him hunting/killing off the protagonists. And his eyes. His eyes might be important too.

PM
yeoldefreakshow
 Posted: Mar 14 2014, 07:06 PM

A person

Member No.: 340

I thought you already did this in your smiling man vlog thing?

A blog that has nothing to do with the fear mythos at all but is just a terrible attempt to be funny http://thisistheadresshi.blogspot.co.uk/
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 04:37 PM

Has a really nice vest.

QUOTE (yeoldefreakshow @ Mar 14 2014, 12:06 PM)
I thought you already did this in your smiling man vlog thing?

I haven't made my smiling man vlog yet. I'm starting it next school year.
If you mean smiley's tumblr, then yes, yes I have.

PM
Nate.
 Posted: Mar 16 2014, 04:00 AM

Innocent

Member No.: 373

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Mar 12 2014, 08:21 PM)
I'm not gonna give him a mask.
Actually, I've just decided he's gonna just be smiling. Just a regular old creepy stalkerish smile.

Mostly 'cause the main thing is not his smile, but him hunting/killing off the protagonists. And his eyes. His eyes might be important too.

Kay. I was actually thinking about making a vlog about the smiling man, and this was my idea, unless i could pirate some kickass editing software. The black contacts for the eyes were brilliant, though. i was just going to use black plastic caps and play with the light in after affects.
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Mar 24 2014, 08:59 PM

Has a really nice vest.

QUOTE (Nate. @ Mar 15 2014, 09:00 PM)

Kay. I was actually thinking about making a vlog about the smiling man, and this was my idea, unless i could pirate some kickass editing software. The black contacts for the eyes were brilliant, though. i was just going to use black plastic caps and play with the light in after affects.

Cools~
Actually, I just watched "The Man Who laughs" (2012 version), and decided that I liked the scars that Gwynplain had. I think I will add them.

Basically, he's going to look like a combination of these pplz:
(IMG:http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/033/0/c/judge_angel_by_katrenk-d74tg40.png)

and

(IMG:http://www.leparisien.fr/images/2012/12/26/2434617_c4982c7c-4ee5-11e2-9070-00151780182c_640x280.jpg)

(IMG:http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos/20mn/2012-11/2012-11-30/article_hommequirit.jpg)

PM
Vinyl Asylum
 Posted: Mar 26 2014, 11:44 PM

Corrupted

Member No.: 376

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Feb 24 2014, 06:23 PM)
So, I've came up with a new idea. He'll have very thin joker-like scars, about an inch and a half on each side. Basically, that is his mouth when "closed". Sure, he can open and close his main mouth normally, and the scars wont open, but he can open his mouth wider, meaning the scars will open, similar to an enraged enderman. I probably won't show that, but I'll mention it in the series (unless I can get my hands on a reeeeeally good footage editing system). So yeah.  Also, his eyes will be Octarine in color.

I have an idea on how you could have the scars open with traditional effects. I'll share it after I've thought it out a bit more.

FEAR MYTHOS BLOGS
-David's Dream Journal
(http://ofnightmaresanddreams.blogspot.com/)
-Calls of the Silent Forsaken
(http://hearthemcallingfromoutside.blogspot.com/)
-Aboard the Dreadnaught (http://inthehallsofdeathsship.blogspot.com/)
SLENDER MAN MYTHOS BLOGS
-Pictures of Nature
(http://imagesfromtheworldaroundus.blogspot.com/)
NONFICTION BLOGS
-Musings
(https://www.tumblr.com/blog/musingsonhorrorandotherstuff)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll