Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Daniel-Verse Phase 2, Coming Soon!
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 6 2014, 07:45 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

So yeah, I've been preparing the next phase of the Daniel-Verse for a while now, and it will be coming soon! I have a lot of things planned. And this thread is for discussions regarding the new phase.

But before I kick things off, does anyone have anything they would like my to do differently from before? I'm already planning some changes, but I wanna know what everyone thinks and stuff.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 10 2014, 07:34 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Tomorrow.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Dec 10 2014, 08:44 PM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Group: Members
Member No.: 408

Yes!
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 11 2014, 07:18 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 11 2014, 11:29 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 17 2014, 10:34 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 24 2014, 05:02 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

So, I'm going on Vacation for a few weeks and will probably not be updating much. But I will begin backposting once I get back.

Until then, how are you liking it so far? Any suggestions?

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Dec 24 2014, 08:23 PM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Group: Members
Member No.: 408

It's good.
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 10:14 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

So, I'm trying to organize my D-Verse Villains from best to worst. Can I get everyone's oppinions? Who's you guys' favority and least favorite bad guys?

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 11 2015, 11:31 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Does The Ace of Chaos count as a villain in any way cause he tops my list if so.

Otherwise... Hmm

Probably from best to worst

Red Daniel

Gordon and his crew

The Game Master

The Other Daniels

Jack Dawson

I can't remember any other villains...

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 12:25 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

It's Bill. Bill Dawson. And off the top of my head I can add the Thorned Prince, The Black Crow, the Bloody Biker, the Tale Weaver, Puppy Dog (kind of), Phantasm, Sound, Angelo Nox (though little is known about him), and Rillek.

And sadly, AoC is not a villain, but if I ever do a hero or anti-hero list, I'll be sure to include him.

EDIT; I forgot Dana Rose, the Scientist, and the Fury.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 06:40 AM

Oh right sorry Bill... Who's Jack Dawson cause that is actually a person I'm sure of it...

Also I don't really count The Thorned Prince, Black Crow or Sound as villains since I remember them being at the most rivals or enemies of one character while allies to the others. Mostly they were enemies of Malkator while totally friendly to other people. Sound possibly being an exception, but he's an ally of Myrir and was an ally of O'zalia so didn't think he counted anyway.

The Tale Weaver is a villain in The Danielverse? Aside from the mention of him in the latest posts (Which shocked me) I wasn't aware The Danielverse proper even acknowledged he existed?

Phantasm died pretty much right after he actually did anything villainous so I didn't really count him either... same with The Pied piper. They didn't really amount to anything as villains.

Angelo we don't really know anything about him and he hasn't actually done anything that I know of so can't really rank him and did Rillek ever do anything? I don't remember him ever even showing up.

I did however forget The Bloody Biker. He'd be probably just below Red Daniel.

Also Puppy Dog is a Daniel Villain, but he's a villain protag and I don't know if that counts... hell even you put a kind of in there...

(Edit: apparently Jack Dawson is the character Leonardo Dicaprio played in Titanic... Sorry.

Also no part of this post is meant to be discouragement and I hope I didn't come off as trashing your villains)

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Last Rites
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 06:53 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Well, Ren serves as kind of an arch-nemesis for ParaDan , and he has a habit of enslaving people as his Saplings, so there is that.

As for Rillek
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
He was something of a minor antagonist in Dark Subconscious, but aside from one or two things I'm planning, he wasn't that big a deal.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 07:06 AM

Right I keep forgetting that Dark Subconscious is actually canon to the Danielverse and took me a few minutes to remember Ren was The Thorned Prince.

Anyway yeah it's probably more a personal way of looking things, but I don't really consider a character a villain or at least not an important villain if they're only really a villain to one character and of course if the evil acts they do aren't really important to the story or treated as evil by the main characters that's not really much of a villainous act.

To use an example. The token evil teammate in fiction undeniably does evil things but isn't a villain because they're on the same side as the protagonists. Even if they're a villain to one of the other teammates as long as the rest of the team doesn't consider them an enemy they're not really an enemy.

So generally my guideline for a villain is pretty much every main character considers them a villain, they've done actual villainous acts, they're villainy actually impacted the story.

An example of this in your story. The Game Master.

Literally every main character in the story considered him a villain.

He ran the tournament that killed a bunch of people he tried to or did kill many other characters and he was instrumental in the death of one of the main characters.

The Game Master is a villain in The DanielVerse.

The Thorned Prince isn't really payed much attention, by most of the main characters. One important side character considers him a villain and has a personal issue with him.

His evil acts are never really brought up in the story and as far as I'm aware have not really impacted any of the main characters in any negative way (Or positive actually as far as I remember,)

The Thorned Prince is not a villain in The DanielVerse.

What he'd be counted as I can't really say, but he's not really a villain. I guess maybe just a somewhat antagonistic character?

Archon of Chaos.

>Cresting The Wave

Last Rites
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 07:25 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Excellent points. I'll keep that in mind while making the list.

Also, I totally missed Nolla Row. And I'm probably forgetting a bunch of other people...

If it weren't for the fact that I decided to keep Fears and Jack of All off the list, a lot of them would likely place top 10.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll