Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Interest check: OWOD
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 03:08 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

It doesn't look like I'm going to get sufficent players to get the 5th edition playtest off the ground. However if I can get 3 or more players interested I could run either Vampire the Masquerade 20th Aniversery edition (a chronicle set in a Camrrilla city divided by two claiments to the title of Prince) or Werewolf the Apocalypse (set in an urban Caern dominated by Glasswalkers and Bone Gnawers with either the Fiana or the Silver Fangs (I haven't decided quite yet) as the third major faction. Any of the standard tribes available as PCs.) Once I know if there's enough interest and which one has the most I'll help with character creation while I make the NPC's.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 03:19 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

How similar/different is OWoD to NWoD? (I only have experience with NWoD. Unless you count that one Masquerade video game)

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 03:56 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

QUOTE (LizardBite @ Jun 25 2012, 10:19 PM)
How similar/different is OWoD to NWoD? (I only have experience with NWoD. Unless you count that one Masquerade video game)

Mechanicly I think the biggest difference is that there isn't a set target number for die rolls. Also it doesn't have the same virtue/vice mechanic NWOD does. Setting wise the differences are much greater but since you would be either a newly embraced vampire or a werewolf who has only recently gone through their first change your character wouldn't be expected to know too much about being a vampire/werewolf.
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 04:13 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

These TV Tropes links might help out with the setting diferences since I'm not well versed in the NWOD versions of Vampre and Werewolf. DIdn't much like the changes. I did like the new Changeling and Geist though as well as the base "mortals" line for NWOD.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 04:21 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

I'm pretty familiar with Masquerade's setting. Mostly due to playing Bloodlines.

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 01:38 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

My understanding of WoD in general is just bloodlines and the small start we had of hunter.

(Actually are The hunter The Reckoning video games (Wayward/Redeemer) in any way linked to WoD?)

I'd like to join though.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 01:54 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Yeah, Hunter: The Reckoning is Old World of Darkness. Hunter: The Vigil is the New World of Darkness version.

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 02:18 PM

Cool I like The Hunter: The Reckoning games

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Last Rites
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 06:33 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

I'm torn between whether I'd rather play Vampire or Werewolf. On the one hand, werewolves are among my favorite monsters, and I'd love to learn more about the WoD werewolf lore, on the other hand, I'm more familiar with Vampire, and, well, Vampire has Malkavians. And I reeeeally wanna play a Malkavian. :lol:

hm... is there a werewolf equivalent to the Malkavian clan?

EDIT: Looking over the links, Werewolf seems pretty fun.

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 08:31 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

QUOTE (LizardBite @ Jun 26 2012, 01:33 PM)
I'm torn between whether I'd rather play Vampire or Werewolf. On the one hand, werewolves are among my favorite monsters, and I'd love to learn more about the WoD werewolf lore, on the other hand, I'm more familiar with Vampire, and, well, Vampire has Malkavians. And I reeeeally wanna play a Malkavian.  :lol:

hm... is there a werewolf equivalent to the Malkavian clan?

EDIT: Looking over the links, Werewolf seems pretty fun.

What parts of Clan Malkavian are you wanting to emulate? The Silver Fang tribe is congenitally insane but they're hide bound, inbred, European nobility types. The Ragabash Auspice (werewolves born under a new moon) are cunning tricksters known for playing pranks and tasked with questioning the status quo in Garou (werewolf) society. If you don't mind being inbred European nobility (or the American equivalent) I think a Silver Fang Ragabash hits most of the themes of Clan Malkavian but you're not likely to get anything like their power set if that's what you're after.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 08:37 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

That sounds perfect, actually. :lol:

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 11:01 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

If Som is cool with werewolf I'll start making NPC's while we wait for at least one more participant.
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 11:58 PM

I'm cool with whatever.

Archon of Chaos.

>Cresting The Wave

Last Rites
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 27 2012, 04:51 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

While I will be using the full rules and not the quick start rules this link contains a PDF of useful information about the rules and setting for those who aren't familiar with it.

Edit: Breed weaknesses and Auspice aptitudes don't exist in the core book (at least not how they're used here). I have no idea what they're doing in the quick start guide. The other stuff is pretty useful though.

Edit 2: Also ignore the advantage and totem bits in the tribe sections. That's not how it works.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 12:36 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Hm. It looks like a VERY different system from NWoD, but it seems simple enough. Actually, if I'm reading it right, it's actually less complicated than the NWoD's Storytelling system. And that's already a really straightforward system.

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll