Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Interest check: OWOD
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 01:17 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (LizardBite @ Jun 27 2012, 07:36 PM)
Hm. It looks like a VERY different system from NWoD, but it seems simple enough. Actually, if I'm reading it right, it's actually less complicated than the NWoD's Storytelling system. And that's already a really straightforward system.

Remember that's a quick start version. I didn't really check out how close the rules mesh with the real system. Just posted that for background info.
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 12:57 PM

Either the best or worst knight ever.

Group: Conspirator (IV)
Member No.: 20

oh hey, i'd like to join if possible.

i know the rules and have books and such. Not sure what I'd be interested in. What sorta werewolf were you thinking of playing, Som?

the jeanette experience:jeanette penny ten

other mythos: extra alastor abyzou caim crocodile ashleigh

finished: d charity carraway

danger time: typhon theseus echidna athena

other adventures: sasha irina alyssa

other other: destiny/shadowdestiny/mab
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 01:08 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Looking at it I'm currently thinking either Shadow Lord Lupus

Or Glass Walker Lupus

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 01:12 PM

Auspice?

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 01:14 PM

The Philharmonic one... I don't remember the name...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Last Rites
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 01:16 PM

the judgey one?

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 01:18 PM

Yeah that one.

Archon of Chaos.

>Cresting The Wave

Last Rites
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 02:37 PM

if allowed to play, thinking about homid get galliard

PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 29 2012, 01:30 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

With three folks ready to go it seems I should get serious about getting ready to run. Let's start character creation by picking your breed, auspice, and tribe. Looks like you have some or all of this figured out but for those of you without the books I'm going to go through the game mechanics of what your choices mean.

Gnosis, Rage, and Willpower can all be increased later with freebee points, points from drawbacks or experiance points after the game starts.

Gnosis is a form of spiritual energy that will be spent mostly when activating a supernatural gift, conducting rituals, or when bargining with spirits. Rage is primarly spent in combat for things like getting an extra action durring the round, rage and gnosis can not be spent in the same turn unless you have a gift or something else that allows you to do so. Willpower is used to allow you to act normaly when something would compell you to do otherwise (for example a Tribal weakness) and can be spent to give you a free success. Unless your willpower is at least equal to your rage you will face social penalties when dealing with humans.

I will get in to what the gifts mean later, these posts are going to be long enough.

Breed

Hommid Garou were born from a human and a Garou mating or sometimes from two human kinfolk. You were raised among humans until your first change (sometime between 10 and 18 usually). In your breed form (that is hommid - the fully humn form) you can handle silver with no penalty. You begin with a gnosis of 1 and can chose 1 gift from the list: Master of Fire, Persuasion, or Smell of Man

Metis Garou are the deformed offspring of two Garou mating. If your father was known he was probably harshly punished for his breach of the Litany, your mother was probably punished as well assuming that she survived giving birth to you. As you were born in Crinos form (the man/wolf form that is used primarly in combat) her survival was unlikely. You were raised in Garou society, likely treated as an outcast due to your deformity and your parents crime. You had to be hidden from humans until your first change which happens saround 12. You begin with a gnosis of 3 and can choose 1 gift from the following list: Create Element, Primal Anger, or Detect Wyrm

Lupus Garou were born to a wolf and a Garou or sometimes from two wolf kinfolk. You were raised among wolves until your first change around age 1 or 2. After your first change you age as a hommid rather than a wolf. You can not take the following skills or knowledges durring that portion of character creation:
Skills: Crafts, Drive, Etiquette, Firearms
Knowledges: Computer, Law, Linguistics, Politics, Science
You may however purchase them with Freebee points, points from disadvantage or experience points durring the game. You begin with 5 gnosis and can chose one gift from the following list: Hare’s Leap, Heightened Senses, or Sense Prey
Hare’s Leap, Heightened Senses,
Sense Prey

PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 29 2012, 01:45 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Auspice

Cribbed liberaly from http://wiki.white-wolf.com

Ragabash Born under the new moon, the Trickster, the Questioner of the Ways. Ragabash have a duty to question Garou society and, by so doing to show what needs to be changed and what doesn't. You start with 1 rage and can choose 1 of the following gifts: Blur of the Milky Eye, Open Seal, or Scent of Running Water

Theurge Born under the crescent moon, the Shaman, the Searcher of the Ways. The Theurge serve as intercessors between their Garou brethren and the spirits. You start with 2 rage and can chose one of the following gifts: Mothers Touch, Sense Wyrm, or Spirit Speach.

Philodox Born under the half moon, the Judge, the Keeper of the Ways. The Philodox are tasked with knowing the Litany, the laws of the Garou, by heart, thus discerning right and wrong as well as settling disagreements. You start with 3 rage and can choose one of the following gifts: Resist Pain, Scent of the True Form, or Truth of Gaia.

Galliard Born under the gibbous moon, the Bard, the Lover of the Ways. The Galliard remind the other Garou of their heritage and history, as well as spreading the tales of Garou who accomplish great works. You start with 4 rage and can choose one of the following gifts: Beast Speach, Call of the Wild, or Mind Speach.

Ahroun Born under the full moon, the Warrior, the Protector of the Ways. While all Garou are warriors, the Ahroun excel at the arts of war, even if their Rage makes them unstable. Their task is to enforce the ways with skill, tactics and, if necessary, with brute strength. You begin with 5 rage and can choose one of the following gifts: Falling Touch, Inspiration, or Razor Claws.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jun 29 2012, 03:33 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Looked around the wiki and found this.

Assuming that there's nothing wrong with the Gift descriptions, here's my choice.

Breed: Metis, Create Element Gift
Auspice: Ragabash, Open Seal Gift

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jun 29 2012, 03:38 AM

Breed: Homid
Auspice: Galliard

First two gifts:

Master of Fire, Call of the Wyld

PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 29 2012, 03:47 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Tribes

I am disallowing Red Talons becasue they will be crippled in an Urban game and because they want all humans dead or enslaved.

I am disallowing Stargazers since they have retreated to their ancient homelands.

Black Furies A female only (with the exception of Metis) tribe originating in Ancient Greece. Protectors of women and nature. I Although the tribe originated in Ancient Greece, the Furies have since spread throughout the world, adapting to (and changing) a wide array of cultures. In Crinos, Hispo and Lupus forms, their fur is unusually dark, often with white, gray or silver highlights. By ancient law, the only males among the tribe are the metis sons of other Furies. Ancient Greek art depicts homid Furies as graceful, lithe warriors, but 21st century Furies resent being portrayed under any one stereotype. There is no universal standard of beauty or grace within the tribe, just as there is no one approach to feminism. Despite endless debates over politics and practice, no other group of werewolves can gather together urban punks, modern Amazons, feminist
intellectuals and aging grand-dames so effectively. You start with 3 willpower, have no background restrictions, and can take 1 of the following gifts: Hightened Senses, Breath of the Wyld, or Sense Wyrm.

Tribal Weakness: -1 difficulty to enter frenzy when provoked by men.

Bone Gnawers Regarded as the dregs of the Garou nation these urban Garou live among the poor and homeless. Some say their lupus kinfolk have bred overly much with dogs. The tribe origonated from India and Northern Africa. Even in Homid form, they often appear mangy, scrawny, starving and feral. Using this subterfuge, they patrol the streets. InLupusform, their coats are a mishmash of clashing colors, stains and smells. Some try to pass themselves off as stray dogs or lost mutts, but any human can sense a Bone Gnawer’s muted rage and pain instinctively. Although some have bred with stray dogs to create strange hybrids, a desperate Gnawer can’t pass himself off as anything
other than a feral and dangerous animal that’s more wolf than
dog. Better call Animal Control, just to be sure. You start with 4 Willpower, can not take Pure Breed, Resources, or Ancestors and you can choose one of the following gifts: Cooking, Resist Toxin, or Tag-along.

Tribal Weakness: Social Outcasts : +1 difficulty on all Social rolls involving other tribes.

Children of Gaia The peacemakers and mediators of the Garou world. They sometimes have a reputation as pacifits or hippies. But even they burn with rage and when it breaks free it can be worse than the other tribes since they have supresessed it for so long. Homid Children of Gaia come from all races and cultures. Lupus Children are strong and clean of limb, with a dappling of white on their gray and brown coats. While Lupus forms of other tribes radiate danger or feral coldness, Children give off an aura of calm, quiet grace that can sometimes dispel fear as well as instill it. You start with 4 willpower, have no background restrictions and can choose 1 of the following gifts: Mothers Touch, Reisist Pain, or Mercy.

Tribal Weakness: Weak Veil: Witnesses are at +4 on Delirium Chart.

Fiana A tribe from the british isles famed for their love of music, drink, love, and fighting. they have a reputation as extroverted party animals. In wolf form, the Fianna are quite striking. They are huge like dire wolves (with the occasional resemblance to wolfhounds), with shining red or black fur. They often use Gifts to make their eyes glow green. Their howls are heartbreakingly beautiful, with an ethereal quality no other tribe can match.
Their appearance in Homid form often reflects their Celtic heritage. Most are descended from the people of the British Isles or Western Europe, and Fianna can be found almost anywhere English is spoken. Fianna can be fair-skinned or swarthy; they can be blond, dark-haired or redheads. You start with 3 willpower, have no background restrictions, and can choose one of the following gifts: Faerie Light, Persuasion, or Resist Toxin

Tribal Weakness: Low Self-Control: All Willpower rolls are at +1 difficulty.

Get of Fenris A Nordic tribe known more for their brawn than their brains. Wariors par excellence but they often shock other tribes with their lack of manners and violent behavior (even by garou tandards!)
The Get are a very martial tribe. Most are intensely muscular, and they bear their scars with pride. Their lupine forms resemble the huge gray wolves of the North, belligerent beasts with broad shoulders and huge, savage jaws. Many have dark patches in their fur, although some supremacists mock any Get who does not have a pure coat. Many look
Scandinavian, Germanic or Anglo-Saxon in Homid forms, but modem Fenrir come from any culture that produces sufficiently strong warriors. Nearly all Get cultivate impressive scars and tattoos. Some even brand their fur or carve runes ceremoniously into their flesh. You start with 3 willpower and can not take the contacts background. If you take Mentor your mentor will only advise you, never protect you. You are expected to be strong enough to protect yourself and if you are not then in the eyes of the other Get you deserve your death. You can choose 1 of the following gifts: Razor Claws, Resist Pain, Visage of Fenris

Tribal Weakness: . Player must define a specific Intolerance at creation time (and with approval). Wyrm creatures (ex. Banes, Fomori, Vampires, etc.) cannot be chosen as these are considered ‘give mes’. Examples: Cowardice, Compromise, lower animals, weakness.

Glasswalkers Beholden as much to the Weaver as the Wyld these Urban Garou are more familiar with human society and technology than any other tribe. For their close association with humanity they are regarded as "Urrah" or tainted. Glass Walkers are known for their devotion to human fashion, even while representing a vast array of
subcultures. In this tribe, wealthy street punks and corporate powerbrokers work side by side. In Lupus form (when that option is absolutely necessary), their fur is often mottled and multicolored, usually trimmed and sometimes dyed. Cubs and cliath sometimes style their hair in Crinos form, sporting a strange variety of modem coiffures. Lupus Glass Walkers are rare, so their blood is dangerously thin. Many exhibit an unusually high intelligence, or they at least conceal their rapid learning curve carefully. You start with a willpower of 3. You can not take Pure Breed, Ancestors, or Mentor. You may choose one of the following gifts: Control Simple Machine, Diagnostics, or Trick Shot.
Tribal Weakness: Can not regain Gnosis in the wild.

Shadow Lords Dominance, submission, mastery, and servitude are the basis of this tribes society. Machiavellian schemers and manipulators this Eastern European tribe is mistrusted by the others. Shadow Lords cultivate an intimidating appearance, just as they develop a respect for fear. The archetypal Lord is dark and brooding, with acommanding bearing. Some are genial and openly charismatic, even empathetic, while others cringe and skulk as only a consummate caem advisor can. In Lupus form, Lords are large and stocky, often resembling the lupine version of massive pit bulls; they usually have coats as dark as their name would imply. Many homids are eager to shift to Lupus on the bleakest and rainiest days of the year. You begin with 3 willpower, can not take the Allies or Mentor background and may choose one of the following gifts: Aura of Confidence, Fatal Flaw, or Seizing the Edge. Tribal Weakness: – 1 Renown for failure.

Silent Striders The scouts, heralds, and messengers of the Garou nations this nomadic tribe origionated in Egypt but was banished from their homeland in ancient times by a powerful curse. It is rumored some have as much jackal blood in their veins as wolf. The first Silent Striders hailed from North Africa and the Middle East, and much of the tribe wears that cast upon their faces. However, they have bred with humans of every stock. Whatever their ethnic background, they are al-
most universally lean and fit from constant travel. In wolfform, they are long and lean like the jackal-dogs ofEgyptian art, often with sleek black coats and yellow eyes. You start with 3 willpower, can not take the Ancestors or Resources backgrounds and can choose 1 of the following gifts: Sense Wyrm, Silence, or Speed of Thought. Tribal Weakness: Haunted: Haunted by Ghosts every time a Strider sidesteps they send out rippled through the dark umbra alerting any nearby ghosts or walking dead to their presence.

Silver Fangs The proudest and nobelest of tribes they trace their ancestry back to the Progenitor Wolf. The hereditary rulers of the Garou today the Silver Fangs hold to an outdated set of traditions only they still remember, the purpose of which apears to have been lost even to them. Their mania for the purity of their bloodline has lead to inbreeding and mental disorders. Silver Fangs come primarily from aristocrats of European and Middle Eastern descent, although one noble house has established itself neatly in Asia and India. In human
form, they have refined features, often with familial peculiarities such as a distinctive nose or ears. Their wolf forms are always graceful, with fur of silver or white, long jaws and full tail brushes. In any form, they usually wear some form of jewelry. You start with 3 willpower, MUST spend at least 3 points on the Pure Breed background and can choose one of the following gifts: Falcon’s Grasp, Lambent Flame,
or Sense Wyrm. Tribal Weakness: Derangement: Years of inbreeding with limited flocks of kin have taken their toll. Every Silver Fang has a derangement it can be overcome temporarily. Madness to be chosen by player final decision up to storyteller. Examples: Amnesia – high stress you forget; Manic-Depression; Multiple Personalities; Obsession.

Uktena Originating from the native people of the southern united states and Central America this tribe has since adopted members from dispossessed people of all races and nationalities. Seekers of secrets and keepers of ancient occult lore that perhaps Garou was not meant to know they have more knowledge of Spirits and the Umbra than any other tribe. In Lupus form, most Uktena have reddish-black fur; many skulk as though they are stalking unseen spirits. In Homid form, they project an aura of mystery and menace, with a disconcerting habit of staring intently at everything around them. Many adapt the clothing and appearance of their ancestors. Some “adopted” tribalists are very eclectic, gathering fragments of the cultures that interest them most. While many pure-bred Uktena are Native American, the tribe includes indigenous peoples from throughout the world. Maori
warriors and Cherokee mystics work side-by-side with African shamans. When in meditation, an Uktena acts as cryptically as any Umbral spirit, but when angered, she radiates a cold ferocity as fiercely as the balefires of Hell. You start with 3 willpower, have no background restrictions, and can choose 1 of the following gifts: Sense Magic, Shroud, or Spirit Speech. Tribal Weakness: Intense Curiosity – Pathologically compelled to unravel any mysteries presented to them. When they learn someone knows something they don’t they become distracted until able to get the secret. They suffer +1 diff on all Willpower rolls and +1 difficulty on all social rolls and -1 difficulty on all frenzy rolls until the secret is revealed.

Wendigo This tribe considers themselves the purest of the Pure Ones (the Pure Ones being the Wendigo, the Uktena, and the deceased Croatan tribe - those tribes native to the Americas) and the tribe least tainted by the Wyrm. They breed only with Native American bloodlines (perfering those who keep to the old ways) or wolves who liive free and haven't forgotten the ways of the wild. Virtually all Wendigo are born from the native peoples of northern North America (although a rumored few hail from Siberia). On four legs, they resemble the great timber wolves that make the tundra their home. Their coats are varying shades of gray so that they fade like ghosts into the forest. You begin with 4 willpower, may not buy the Contacts or Resources backgrounds and can choose one of the following gifts: Call the Breeze, Camouflage, Resist Pain. Tribal Weakness: Wheel of Seasons -
Spring: +1 difficulty to all Willpower rolls, the vibrancy of life distracts the Wendigo.
Summer: -1 difficulty to all frenzy rolls, summer is the traditional season of war
Fall: +1 difficulty to change forms; the world slows down in autumn, and fewer new things are born.
Winter: -1 difficulty on all soak rolls; winter is the Wendigo’s season, and they use their hate and anger to fortify themselves during this time.
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jun 29 2012, 03:52 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

QUOTE (LizardBite @ Jun 28 2012, 10:33 PM)
Looked around the wiki and found this.

Assuming that there's nothing wrong with the Gift descriptions, here's my choice.

Breed: Metis, Create Element Gift
Auspice: Ragabash, Open Seal Gift

No problem. There is a list of Metis Deformities here for you to choose from or you can sugest your own.
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jun 29 2012, 03:53 AM

What's up with the tribe weaknesses? They're not in my core book.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll