Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Archive's New Blog
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 02:04 AM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Group: Members
Member No.: 408

PRE26 "Ask/Embia". I've tried looking into it. I think it some sort of spider, but I'm not sure.
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 04:27 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 397

QUOTE (Dr0Shadow @ Nov 23 2014, 09:04 PM)
PRE26 "Ask/Embia". I've tried looking into it. I think it some sort of spider, but I'm not sure.

According to the Archive page on the Wiki, PRE26 is the Ivory Woman.

Unseelie - The place where giants rule

Journal of the days after - Torn from xer awful embrace

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin - Read it and weep

Our Cyclical Dance - Endlessly in on itself

I'm on Tumblr and DeviantArt.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
fearnoevil
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 04:34 AM

Innocent

Member No.: 366

not some kind of spider. some kind of couple.

the new spring is me
GodwinAmadioha
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 04:39 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

LOOK A THING

Now... are they something new, like Eshu?

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 04:47 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Hey, I'll have you know I'm one of the oldest parts of this mythos!

Ope, I shouldn't interrupt, I want to see people's brains attempt this logic jump. I prefer watching you folks work on these kinds of puzzles. I, the terrific name-repeating Eshu!

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 12:50 PM

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Nov 23 2014, 11:47 PM)
Hey, I'll have you know I'm one of the oldest parts of this mythos!

Ope, I shouldn't interrupt, I want to see people's brains attempt this logic jump. I prefer watching you folks work on these kinds of puzzles. I, the terrific name-repeating Eshu!

So what are the oldest things in the Mythos that act like our fiend here? The Man in Gray? The Nu Timu? Dying Man Shard? The Visitor? The Unlucky Man? Zalgo?

EDIT: Okay, in Norse, Ask (or askr, as it's spelled in old Norse) means "ash tree", and Embla either means "elm tree" or "vine". The Bleeding Tree? In the myth, Odin and two other gods, Vili and Vé(The brothers of Odin who together slew Ymir. They aren't mentioned very much in Norse mythology) created the first man and woman from two trees. These were Ask and Embla. The myth is very much like Adam and Eve's story. Lots of Mythologies and religions share similar stories, as if there was and actual event, and the story mutated form storyteller to storyteller, but that's not important. What is important is that we find out what fear this is, and who our guide Eshu is.

Edit: Maybe we should ask jack?

Edit: it's says it's "DEBATED". It's probably The Bleeding Tree.

Edit: on the other names part of the smiling man's file it says "Mother of Nine". 0-0. He's a girl? Who is nine? Is it this PRE26 "Ask/Embia"? That is one of the most important questions here, after all, this is called Nine is God.

(Prediction: Nine refers to nine beings, possibly including Fear, UXPs, or "new" things like Eshu)
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 04:19 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dr0Shadow @ Nov 24 2014, 07:50 AM)

So what are the oldest things in the Mythos that act like our fiend here? The Man in Gray? The Nu Timu? Dying Man Shard? The Visitor? The Unlucky Man? Zalgo?

EDIT: Okay, in Norse, Ask (or askr, as it's spelled in old Norse) means "ash tree", and Embla either means "elm tree" or "vine". The Bleeding Tree? In the myth, Odin and two other gods, Vili and Vé(The brothers of Odin who together slew Ymir. They aren't mentioned very much in Norse mythology) created the first man and woman from two trees. These were Ask and Embla. The myth is very much like Adam and Eve's story. Lots of Mythologies and religions share similar stories, as if there was and actual event, and the story mutated form storyteller to storyteller, but that's not important. What is important is that we find out what fear this is, and who our guide Eshu is.

Edit: Maybe we should ask jack?

Edit: it's says it's "DEBATED". It's probably The Bleeding Tree.

Edit: on the other names part of the smiling man's file it says "Mother of Nine". 0-0. He's a girl? Who is nine? Is it this PRE26 "Ask/Embia"? That is one of the most important questions here, after all, this is called Nine is God.

(Prediction: Nine refers to nine beings, possibly including Fear, UXPs, or "new" things like Eshu)

I found this on Wikipedia regarding the Smiling Man/Oya. I'd wager a guess that the name has some other significance to us, though. We should remember it.

In Yoruba, the name Oya literally means "She Tore". She is known as Ọya- Iyansan, Ọya - the "mother of nine." This is due to the Niger River (known to the Yoruba as the Odo-Ọya) traditionally being known for having nine tributaries.

EDIT: This page says that she's called "Mother of Nine" because she had nine stillborn children. So the origin of the name in real life probably isn't important, since it's not even agreed-upon.

Regarding Ask and Embla, I don't think we have enough evidence to say they're the Bleeding Tree. Even if the being-created-from-trees thing is relevant, the myths might not always have that much to do with the Fears/UXPs/things in Nine is God. Oya, for example, is a storm/destruction/chaos orisha (simplifying her), which doesn't seem to have much to do with the Smiling Man. Also, we don't know for sure that vanilla versions of Ask/Embla even exist.

PM
DJay32
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 06:57 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

The Visitor, yes, is roughly as old as Eshu (I!) in this mythos, and The Unlucky Man is a bit younger but before that he was a myth even to us, rumoured to exist, never surfacing. But the Eshu Riddle is completely separate from the Ask/Embla Equation.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Nov 24 2014, 10:58 PM

Then (Doctor) Who? What other UXPs were created early in the mythos. Cute., we need you!

Edit: Omega?

Edit 2: I can see why they call smily that. He does act pretty chaotic.

Edit 3: What's the point? Why are we even playing this?
QUOTE (DJay32 @ Nov 1 2014, 01:16 AM)
All are welcome to the great Game to End All T.. uh, games! Take a stab at solving some puzzles, and maybe I, the all-knowing infalafelable Eshu, will have things to say!

Are we causing the end of the world? Or was he joking. Probably the later.
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Nov 26 2014, 02:00 AM

Mad

Member No.: 223

Hey, can someone quickly update me here as to everything we've decoded thusfar? Like a brief summary of what we're still missing or what's still encoded.

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Nov 26 2014, 02:36 AM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

That would be helpful...

Looking back I know we've decoded

The Diary in Adesina's blog

The clue that lead to Godwin's formspring

The clue that lead to The SMSC page

all the various codes on the SMSC page

which were as follows:

Operations page: Underpressure

Stardeepwater: IBCC

Log 1: Down
Log 2: In
Log 3: the
Log 4: Water
Log 5: where
Log 6: The
Log 7: Dead
Log 8: Men
Log 9: go

We also solved the morse code... or more accurately had the answer given to us in a sense and the code bypassed.

Things we still need to decode or solve I think: This video

the new codes and stuff found on The Archive page.

Edit: Speaking of the Archive page... Anyone look at the about page and contact pages? I have... Found one interesting thing, but nothing else so far except fun little note... The archive was started by Navan Crones and mentions another Crones later... Crones was also mentioned by Godwin.

Also I'm searching the archive page and a few listed PREs don't seem to have actual pages for description... Probably since the ones that don't coincide with the debunked or debated PREs however One of which is Amadioha which is too bad since Amadioha seems like a very important thing in this game.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Nov 26 2014, 02:46 AM

Mad

Then I propose someone who hasn't made a deal with Lilith ask her to decode one of those. I've already used my deal up, as has Dr0Shadow.

Unless someone's cracked the cipher for the Archive text, which I haven't been able to do. I've run it through four different decoders. That's some tenacious code.

PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Nov 26 2014, 02:49 AM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Was it stated we only get one deal?

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
fearnoevil
 Posted: Nov 26 2014, 02:50 AM

Innocent

Member No.: 366

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Nov 26 2014, 03:36 AM)
That would be helpful...

Looking back I know we've decoded

The Diary in Adesina's blog

The clue that lead to Godwin's formspring

The clue that lead to The SMSC page

all the various codes on the SMSC page

which were as follows:

Operations page: Underpressure

Stardeepwater: IBCC

Log 1: Down
Log 2: In
Log 3: the
Log 4: Water
Log 5: where
Log 6: The
Log 7: Dead
Log 8: Men
Log 9: go

We also solved the morse code... or more accurately had the answer given to us in a sense and the code bypassed.

Things we still need to decode or solve I think: This video

the new codes and stuff found on The Archive page.

Edit: Speaking of the Archive page... Anyone look at the about page and contact pages? I have... Found one interesting thing, but nothing else so far except fun little note... The archive was started by Navan Crones and mentions another Crones later... Crones was also mentioned by Godwin.

Also I'm searching the archive page and a few listed PREs don't seem to have actual pages for description... Probably since the ones that don't coincide with the debunked or debated PREs however One of which is Amadioha which is too bad since Amadioha seems like a very important thing in this game.

QUOTE (Lilith)
Does anyone remember those odd codes? Like, the really odd ones. The ones that seemed almost completely unrelated. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

still.

the new spring is me
GodwinAmadioha
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Nov 26 2014, 02:53 AM

Mad

I have no idea if this is just my browser fucking around or an actual thing, but when I go to the website Google Chrome asks me if I want the page translated from Slovak? And when I do, all it accomplishes is making the list of PRE names into a little paragraph.

EDIT: ...Also, we can contact the Archive on the contact page. Our first name must be Scribe, but our last name can be whatever we want. Perhaps there's a specific last name we have to input in order to receive something?

EDIT: Here is the Archive's code: ovyesevoofvfcxzjkueslluxybm

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

Maybe putting it here will make things easier. Looking for combinations of letters and numbers, could mean spaces or simple common words (is, at, they), look for recurring combinations.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll