Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Omega's Bizarre Adventure, Gun kill all dem fears
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 12:52 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Miss Omega, you're beautiful!

I mean, this is a great blog, Omega. Good jorb.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 01:35 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

I genuinely love how doing that chronological list of blogs seems to have helped keep the circulation going and get us all nostalgic and learn our history again. It's inspired new projects in me and it looks like it's concentrated your delicious knack for analyzing the Fear Mythos (just as you had once done to the Slender Man Mythos before!).

...plus this is fucking hilarious. As everyone has said.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 04:10 PM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Group: Members
Member No.: 408

...I can see why she went over to the slender man mythos. Friend Omega, you do know that there are about 47-49 fears, right?
PM
Lakaz
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 04:20 PM

Runner

Member No.: 349

All the better, that means he can keep this blog going for a very, very long time. Looking forward to seeing Omega vs the Blind Man.
"Okay Spacefuture blogger, go get 'im! Wait... who're you again?"
PM
Omega
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 04:35 PM

Hero of JUSTICE!

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Dr0Shadow @ Feb 8 2015, 10:10 AM)
...I can see why she went over to the slender man mythos. Friend Omega, you do know that there are about 47-49 fears, right?

Numbers mean nothing! What counts is COURAGE!

PM
Apostate
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 07:34 PM

Mad

Member No.: 223

Dr0, this is a comedy, feel free to bask in the humour instead of missing it entirely!

PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 10:50 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dr0Shadow @ Feb 8 2015, 04:10 PM)

Actually, I spent a few days counting them, there are at least 704 Fears. And that's not counting the blogs like Once There Was that have really distinct portrayals, I didn't even really count those in the total.

But even ignoring the "Omega won't do literally every portrayal" thing, there is no way you can count up the total number of Fears and come to either 47, 48, or 49. If we only count the Fears in the abstract sense that lends itself to any belief of "archetypes," which I must remind everyone is a problematic approach and will only hurt our mythos in the long run, then there are 40 (and that's counting Zalgo!). 43 if you count the Silver Men, Bloody Biker, and Ravishing Lady. But then if we count the Ravishing Lady, we have to count all the other joke Fears, and there are more than six of those.

So I guess what I'm trying to say here is "Where are you getting that figure from?"

And hey, Omega, what do you mean the Slender Man Mythos would never allow a blog like this? What about Marble Bumblebee (one of my biggest influences!)? What about Colon Full of Fire Ants? I'd bring up Periwinkle but I don't actually know if that was intended to be a joke or not.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 11:09 PM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Member No.: 408

The actual fears. Not the so called "Other Portails of the archtype" which are, as follows:
.Reality
The Algernon Forest
The Answer
-The House of fortune
-The King in the mounting
-The Unbound Face
-The Woman in the Wind
The Archangel
The Architect
The Black Dog
The Bleeding Tree
The Blind Man
The Brute and the Burning Bride
-The Brute
-The Burning Bride
The Carver
The Choir
The Cold Boy
The Constant Wanderer
The Convocation
The Deep
DEVOUR
The Dying Man
EAT
The Empty City
The Eye
The Glitch
The Grotesque
The Intrusion
The Ivory Woman
The Last Gift
The Manufactured Newborn
The Marchen
The Merryman
The Morsus Rabbit
The Mother of Snakes
The Nightlanders
Nobody
The Plague Doctor
The Quiet
The Rake (ish)
The Red Cap
The Slender Man (ish)
The Smiling Man
The Unnamed Child
The Vision
The Wooden Girl

The other bits are The Inferno (not open source) and The Man in Gray, who i would think would work well as the fear of disaster.

And make that 39-43
PM
Omega
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 11:13 PM

Hero of JUSTICE!

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Feb 8 2015, 04:50 PM)
And hey, Omega, what do you mean the Slender Man Mythos would never allow a blog like this? What about Marble Bumblebee (one of my biggest influences!)? What about Colon Full of Fire Ants? I'd bring up Periwinkle but I don't actually know if that was intended to be a joke or not.

Twas just a joke about the strictness of the Slender Man Mythos when it came to whether or not something was "canon." I can't think of any really out there blogs which actually got accepted by the community as part of the 'verse.

(And Periwinkle was, unfortunately, entirely serious.)

PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 04:20 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

QUOTE (Dr0Shadow @ Feb 8 2015, 03:09 PM)
The actual fears. Not the so called "Other Portails of the archtype" which are, as follows:
.Reality
The Algernon Forest
The Answer
-The House of fortune
-The King in the mounting
-The Unbound Face
-The Woman in the Wind
The Archangel
The Architect
The Black Dog
The Bleeding Tree
The Blind Man
The Brute and the Burning Bride
-The Brute
-The Burning Bride
The Carver
The Choir
The Cold Boy
The Constant Wanderer
The Convocation
The Deep
DEVOUR
The Dying Man
EAT
The Empty City
The Eye
The Glitch
The Grotesque
The Intrusion
The Ivory Woman
The Last Gift
The Manufactured Newborn
The Marchen
The Merryman
The Morsus Rabbit
The Mother of Snakes
The Nightlanders
Nobody
The Plague Doctor
The Quiet
The Rake (ish)
The Red Cap
The Slender Man (ish)
The Smiling Man
The Unnamed Child
The Vision
The Wooden Girl

God damn it, this has gotten ridiculous. 30 was enough!

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 07:24 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

The Bleeding Tree is not a fear and I'm fairly sure The Morsus Rabbit was while at one time intended to be a fear is now very firmly not a fear and something akin to an enemy of the fears.

Also I'm not sure I'd count The Ravishing Lady in with joke fears... More like not in any way a real fear and should not be counted as it was from something that is by the creator's admission Fear Mythos fanfiction.

Basically it's not really a joke, but definitely not something that should be considered on a list of fears.

Also just going by the older rules of when a fear was essentially established many of the fears on that list would not be counted as established at this point in time. They would only really be considered fears if you were going by the portrayal route or those fears should not be counted until they become more firmly established in the mythos.

Those fears being:

.Reality
The MerryMan
The Carver (Never even heard of this one)
The Architect
The Last Wish
DEVOUR (I think not sure if this one is established or not I've never paid that much attention to it)
The Constant Wanderer (Maybe? Again not really sure how many times it's been portrayed)
The DEEP (May or may not be a fear depending on interpretation)
The Slender Man and The Rake are arguably fears, but pretty sure that's still debated so who cares on that one.

(For the sake of fairness the old rule was essentially a fear is established if it has been used by more than one person on a non-experimental basis. IE if it was used in a story simply because someone wanted to try and use it in a story that doesn't really count.

The second person to use it also has to be using it in a way not affiliated with the first usage. IE people working on a verse together both using it doesn't count.

Personally I also don't really count portrayals in Rapture for this as Rapture tends to try and at least slip in at least one appearance by almost everything in the mythos. Not that this is a bad thing and the rapture portrayals are usually very impressive and sometimes are the portrayal that causes interest in a fear that gets it it's second use.

Of course these were the guidelines as I understand it to decide whether a fear has been established as an archetypical portrayal or "Vanilla" and as such these don't really matter anymore, but since this is going by archetypical fears it seemed prudent to point out that not everything that is suggested is automatically a fear.

(So following these guidelines there are about 33 to 35 fears depending on the interpretation of Slender Man and The Rake. Possibly 38 depending on whether i was wrong about DEVOUR and The Constant Wanderer and ones interpretation of The Deep)

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
Impereld
 Posted: Feb 23 2015, 03:22 PM

Awakened

Member No.: 36

Omega you so anime
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 24 2015, 12:00 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

The Constant Wanderer is, indeed, established according to those rules. Even not counting the Rapture portrayal (a stipulation I can understand), it has appeared in at least two separate stories that I am aware of-- the original by Staccato and a recent one by Aidan. The Deep has had many blogs about it, but officially speaking it is at present an Outer Idea like The Slender Man, The Rake, .Reality, The Carver, The Inferno, and The Bleeding Tree, in that its creator did not create it for the Fear pool even if it has been occasionally portrayed as such. The Deep is admittedly a weird grey area, but we of the ambiguous Church of Pla are working on figuring that out.

Now let's get back on topic. Omega, you are, indeed, so anime.

EXHIBITS:
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 24 2015, 01:01 AM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Thank you for clearing that up.

Also yes Omega=So anime.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
Omega
 Posted: Feb 28 2015, 10:52 PM

Hero of JUSTICE!

I am not just so anime. I am THE anime.

New post:
Into the Singularity Cell! Who Can Stop the Brute's Rage?

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll