Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Viceking's Graab, "The blog to end all blogs."
DJay32
 Posted: May 30 2015, 06:41 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

EDIT: Come check it out.

Cue mood-setting music.

Shortly after the world-renowned publication of The Blog Without a Face, abstract Fearbloggerist Christoph Magreat began work on his next opus, one he would inconsistently refer to publicly as either Work in Blogress or by its actual title: Viceking's Graab. Simultaneously, his PR agent/alter-ego Jordan Dooling spread word of having "written nearly thirty new blogs for an upcoming blog project."

Excerpts then started to appear across various sites. Tacked arbitrarily onto the end of The Blog Without a Face is "32," tacked jarringly onto the end of The Archangel III is "PETER THE GUNNER, MONSTER HUNTER," and an excerpt was anonymously posted on the Fear Mythos Facebook group:

QUOTE (Estate of Magreat)
You are in the Viceking’s Graab. “Graab” is a phonetic transcription of the German “grab,” which translates in English to “grave.” This title comes from some old unread public domain necronomicon. It has been appropriated for reasons unknown to you as the encircling engrossing engraabing label for a.. “blog” by Christoph Magreat, who is himself not a real person. In fact, you are currently reading a blog that is loosely based on a completely different blog that was part of a big collaborative blog project in 2012. All these blogs have no physical representation; they are browser translations of information (which itself is the lexical translation of binary electrical currents), and so what you are currently staring at with your own eyes (and which your eyes are translating into binary electrical currents in your various neural centres) is not at all what it appears. And, let’s call a spade a spade here, “you” don’t really exist in this context; the words on the screen paint the picture (metaphorically), so “you” is an abstract character in the end. Following so far? This is all important in setting the stage (meta-phonically).

Promotional posters have also cropped up for this strange thing. This thing here is credited as having art by Hexillith and Logic, and this thing is credited as being a bunch of things thrown onto an existing collage by FlickerHD.

All in all, something is in the pipelines. Something big and indescribable. Magreat has refused to comment on most matters, though he wants us to tell you "you will see the Graab in summer. This is not a blog." Then he resumed gazing at a painting of a pipe in meaningful contemplation while listening to Lady Gaga.

BuzzFeed will leave you with one more preview, this time a "demo." PR agent Dordan Jooling had the following to say when pressed for further information:

QUOTE (Danjor Lingdoo)
I had a chance to ask Magreat about his intentions with the demo, since Magreat is totally not just a pseudonym of mine, and he said the demo explores themes of "fuck demos" and "fuck previews," with heavy dabblings in "I don't know the first thing about flash and this happened by accident but it accidentally worked." My personal interpretation of it is that the Jack of All stands in as a parody of framing devices through a reverse-chronological microcosm of the Fear Mythos itself. But then again I'm half-asleep and would read messages out of anything nowadays.

EDIT 2015: Magreat wishes us to ask his audience if they have "any questions about the Fear Mythos at all." He further comments, "I will not answer them yet, but they will be answered."

EDIT 2014: PR agent DoolingJor has requested that any lucky-as-hell parties who are privy to top secret information about the Graab "keep it on the diggity-down-low, dog." Penelope Reed Doob, The Idea Of The Labyrinth: from Classical Antiquity through the Middle Ages (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1990), p.1

EDIT 2013: Papa, (But da. But dada.) Paparazzi.

EDIT 2012: Blogress report: 75% done. Give or take.

EDIT 2011: If anyone happens to remember what blog theme alliterator used for the original series bible, please let me know. New EDIT 2011: I can never love you. 88% done.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jun 5 2015, 11:58 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Magreat has reluctantly agreed, upon request from Akira Toriyama, to release one more preview of the Graab.

I am contractually obliged to remind everyone that this is going to be the blog to end all blogs.

We are so close to the official release that I feel like I'm going to faint.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jun 29 2015, 08:30 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

It's almost July! When will the Graab be released? Who can tell?

Magreat has one last statement he wants me to say before release day: "I have now written more blogs than alliterator. Shots fired."

You can expect it soon. Soon. Tea tea too oo.

everything is significant, the wait is part of the experience

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 08:36 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

With a matter of (days? longer? I will never tell!) away, Magreat decided it was time to put out the last and most substantial preview.

Viceking's Blaag

He asked me to write a "strategy guide" for the Graab, establishing context and mood the best I can, and otherwise preparing readers for the magic that will hit the blogospheres before you even know it. And I was glad to.

EXHIBITS:
PM
Hunter
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 09:38 PM

January 11th, 2015. Never forget.

Group: Members
Member No.: 512

HYPE.
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 09:46 PM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Member No.: 408

Anticipation/hope for something good but weariness of some joking Cra* like all the other things Jordan has written under the mantel of "Magreat".
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 10:14 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Are you implying that The Blog Without a Face was nothing more than a shallow joke? No substance to it? Hell, even The Archangel blogs contained some of my best ideas, executed exactly the way I wanted them to be.

In other words: Relax. All the other Magreat stuff was made pretty quickly; the Graab has taken me seven months to write, edit, and execute. There will certainly be jokes in it! And there will certainly be crap! But what is important is that everything in it has a purpose, and that it is a long enough blog that it will take people many hours to read through it for the first time. And many more to see all that it has to offer. For those who are not so trusting about the idea of artistic experimentation, you're just going to have to trust that I deeply believe in the subject matter and, in all good conscience, see no other way of portraying it.

..but yeah no it'll confuse you. It'll confuse everyone. Just embrace it, roll with the confusion, assume it's meant to be confusing.

COMING SOON

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 10 2015, 09:51 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Viceking's Graab.

Dedicated to alliterator.
Art by The Visitor, Hexillith, Logic, TheArtist, and myself.
Written and structured by Christoph Magreat who is me.

Ennnnnnjoy. (Note: The official strategy guide offers this advice: "Click whatever links you can find.")

EXHIBITS:
PM
Hunter
 Posted: Jul 10 2015, 11:04 PM

January 11th, 2015. Never forget.

Member No.: 512

DISTANT COUGHING UP NOISE

AGH

MY GOD.
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 12:20 AM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Member No.: 408

WAIT! BEFORE YOU READ OPEN A TEXT DOCUMENT TO START WRITING YOU VICEKING EXPERIENCE BEFORE YOU START READING!
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 12:45 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

A few more tips straight from the official strategy guide:

- There are only two passwords to worry about. Both are only three letters.
- You may be linked to blogs I didn't create. The general rule of thumb is to look at the Tab on your browser. If you see the typical Blogger B, it is not a blog I made.

EXHIBITS:
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 12:48 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 397

God, I love the atmosphere of this so much.

Unseelie - The place where giants rule

Journal of the days after - Torn from xer awful embrace

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin - Read it and weep

Our Cyclical Dance - Endlessly in on itself

I'm on Tumblr and DeviantArt.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 04:18 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

so I appear to of managed to find myself trapped in an endess cyclical area that links to a blog I wrote... How coincidental... Do I restart or am I missing something and should keep going forward?

and I found another reference to one of my blogs this one incredibly unexpected... Also appears to be another dead end...

and now I appear to be stuck at the second password screen... No clue where to find the password... I think I will give up for now and start all over from the beginning next time.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 04:04 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

I reached this blog and I figured out the password.

The password is
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
eat.

I found this blog now. Nice!

So far, this appears to be a mixture of Finnegan's Wake, House of Leaves, and The Garden of Forking Paths.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 05:03 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Influences (off the top of my head):
Finnegans Wake
secretcity
The Medium is the Massage
House of Leaves
The Garden of Forking Paths (the Borges collection and the alliterator blog)
The General in his Labyrinth
The Waste Land
The Stanley Parable
The Book of the Dead
A bit of Moby Dick, a bit of Infinite Jest, a bit of the Divine Comedy, a bit of The Trial, a bit of Coma Ecliptic
And a lot of blogs.

Sounds like you're finding some of the cooler parts. I'm really glad!

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll