Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Troupe, Verse Two, The Long Hand Of The Law
Foolamancer
 Posted: Nov 25 2012, 09:56 PM

The Lie Thy Soul Hath Spoken

Group: Conspirator (III)
Member No.: 63

QUOTE (BirdWords @ Nov 25 2012, 11:02 AM)
Am I allowed to use my madness talent yet?

For example, to transform into a small child. If so, what am I going to need to roll?

You can. To transform into another person so different from you, you're going to need to use at least two Madness dice. You can use more, but you don't have to. Other than that, it's a normal roll, with the option to add Exhaustion as normal. It'll be against the Watch Man's Pain rating of 1.

John and Gideon take off again into the crowds of the City, dodging the passersby as they go. The Tacks Man and Officer Tock fade into the distance. Finally, after almost a full minute of running, the two of them come to a halt in the middle of an intersection to catch their breath.

At the same moment, the light at the end of the alley that Antoinette and Lewis are hiding in becomes partially blocked. Someone is standing in the end of the alley, peering in. Someone tall, and thin, in a shapeless dress, with a prominent, hooked nose.

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
- Death, in Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man

Madverse Fearblogs
In The Shuffling Madness - Incomplete, Possible Reboot
Call The Schoolmaster - Complete
And Much Of Madness - Active
Where Murder Lies - Inactive
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Nov 25 2012, 11:08 PM

Either the best or worst knight ever.

Group: Conspirator (IV)
Member No.: 20

Antoinette starts to leave, and the notices the person looking in. She tries to get a better idea of what they look like and if she's sizing them up at all.

Her temper's starting to rise. She's tired of weird monsters and running.

the jeanette experience:jeanette penny ten

other mythos: extra alastor abyzou caim crocodile ashleigh

finished: d charity carraway

danger time: typhon theseus echidna athena

other adventures: sasha irina alyssa

other other: destiny/shadowdestiny/mab
PM
BirdWords
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 01:14 AM

Corrupted

Group: Members
Member No.: 233

Nelson notices that him and the Watch Man are all alone, and decides that it's time to make his escape plan. The only real problem is the stupid handcuff trapped around your wrist. If only he was a bit smaller, he could just easily slip out of it.

Nelson attempts his Madness talent, to transform into a young, skinny teenage boy.

Discipline- Dice Roll: 3d6: 2+3+5 = 10
Madness- Dice Roll: 2d6: 4+6 = 10

MY BLOGS:
The Assistant-The blog of Charlie, featuring his mad scientist like brother. Companion:Fear Himself-The blog of Charlie's brother, Doc.
To Become A Hero-Slender Man Mythos+Fear Mythos in a fantasy setting
The House Always Wins-The blog of Vance House, the self proclaimed "Luckiest Man Alive". Part of the Tale Weaver Challenges.

MY GAMES:
The Assembly of Rats-Darren Protsman wakes up in a prison, after trying to assassinate a Rat. We are in Act 2(there's a recap if you want to try jumping in). He has since escaped the prison and is in a castle.
Day In The Life-You are the Slender Man, currently on a quest to retrieve the little girls you owe The Wooden Girl.

OTHER:
Birdy Reads!-I read some blogs and stuff. Currently working on the Rapture Logs.
My Youtube Channel-Birdy Reads, Useless Stuff, Maybe Some Let's Plays
PM
Foolamancer
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 01:49 AM

Watch Man - Pain 1

Dice Roll: 1d6: 5 = 5

Madverse Fearblogs
PM
Foolamancer
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 01:59 AM

Protagonist wins, Madness dominates
Nelson must check off a Response and act accordingly

Nelson wishes for a moment that his arm was not quite so large, that his hand was just that little bit slimmer - and then he feels the crackling begin.

It's a soft sensation, the feeling of his bones collapsing in on themselves. The feeling of his skin shrinking, of the tendons realigning themselves, is likewise understated. But it's there. He can feel every movement in his body, every change, no matter how minute, as his skeleton collapses in on itself, reverting to a younger stage.

All in all, it only lasts about a second. And then he's there, in the clothes he wears as a grown man, with the body of a ten-year old. The Watch Man has turned towards him again, however, and is raising its club - and then, from behind him, he can here more footsteps from approaching from within the alley...

Meanwhile, the figure peering in at Antoinette and Lewis lets out a short, shrill peal of laughter. "I thought it was you," it says. It's the same woman's voice that Antoinette heard in Adam's Rib. "I could smell it."

Madverse Fearblogs
PM
BirdWords
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 02:02 AM

Corrupted

CODE
So is that the fight or flight thing? The response?

MY BLOGS:
The Assistant-The blog of Charlie, featuring his mad scientist like brother. Companion:Fear Himself-The blog of Charlie's brother, Doc.
The House Always Wins-The blog of Vance House, the self proclaimed "Luckiest Man Alive". Part of the Tale Weaver Challenges.

MY GAMES:
The Assembly of Rats-Darren Protsman wakes up in a prison, after trying to assassinate a Rat. We are in Act 2(there's a recap if you want to try jumping in). He has since escaped the prison and is in a castle.
Day In The Life-You are the Slender Man, currently on a quest to retrieve the little girls you owe The Wooden Girl.

OTHER:
Birdy Reads!-I read some blogs and stuff. Currently working on the Rapture Logs.
PM
Foolamancer
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 02:12 AM

Indeed. If you choose to check off a Flight response, you have to run (or otherwise be suitably terrified, whether that means screaming and freezing or just going into the fetal position). If you check off a Fight... well, that one's obvious, though in other circumstances it might just indicate being angry.

Madverse Fearblogs
PM
BirdWords
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 02:23 AM

Corrupted

CODE
I will take flight.

Nelson decides that as a ten year old he doesn't have much of a chance fighting against anyone. He decides to run off into the city and try to lose the Watch Man.

MY BLOGS:

MY GAMES:

OTHER:
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 02:52 AM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Lewis looks to see what Antoinette is seeing. "Who is it? A friend?" He asks quietly as he looks around for something to hide behind in case the answer is no.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 03:49 PM

Either the best or worst knight ever.

Group: Conspirator (IV)
Member No.: 20

Antoinette takes a step back. "I'm not sure what you're talking about."

the jeanette experience:jeanette penny ten

other mythos: extra alastor abyzou caim crocodile ashleigh

finished: d charity carraway

danger time: typhon theseus echidna athena

other adventures: sasha irina alyssa

other other: destiny/shadowdestiny/mab
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 08:08 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

John takes a moment while catching his breath to look around for any signs of a door out of the city and checks his watch to see how much longer before 13 o clock.
PM
Foolamancer
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 01:38 AM

Nineteen minutes, twelve seconds precisely until the Thirteenth Hour strikes - and then the Mad City belongs to Officer Tock. The rest may not be familiar with the inner workings of the City, but John knows more than enough to be absolutely terrified at the prospect of being trapped in the twisting streets of the Mad City when the Watch Men are out for his blood.

Before the prospect has a chance to sink in through the fog of adrenaline, though, Nelson and Gideon come staggering out of the crowds to stand beside him. None of them look particularly composed - but then, they are fellow Awakened, and when the Nightmares are on your tail, any allies are better than none.

Meanwhile, in the alleyway, the shape silhouetted against the light steps forward. It's obviously a woman; the severe gray bun hairdo, with two thin, somehow sharp-looking hairpins holding it in place, makes that apparent even through the shapeless, lumpy dress.

But no. It's not quite a woman. Something in the bearing states that this is not just a woman, but a Lady, someone to be respected and obeyed. A ribbon of light falls across her face for a moment, and Lewis and Antoinette catch a flash of sharp, gimlet eyes flashing as they trace up and down Annie's form. Despite the heavy lines and crow's feet, this woman is obviously quite sharp.

"Why, exactly what I said, my girl," says the quick, severe voice. "I can smell that anger practically boiling off of you. Quite impressive. You're a natural."

Madverse Fearblogs
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll