Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Nine is God Trailhead, trailhead
DarkShadows
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 12:15 AM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

Guys, I'm really worried... apparently someone somehow got into my Blogspot account and posted another entry on my Slenderman short story compendium blog, The Sycamore Project. Don't know how I didn't notice it before, but it's there now...

It's encoded, fully, and done up in the style of one of the blog's 'characters', ⊕ ("XOR"), who posts in XORed binary as their name implies. Whoever posted it really took their time with it, and that scares me. They clearly wanted it to blend in, so it would go unnoticed. Why?

I changed my password to something more secure, both on Blogspot and on any other sites that shared it just to be safe, but I'm concerned. Why would someone break into my Blogspot account just to post one encoded message on a sideproject blog?

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
fearnoevil
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 02:04 AM

Innocent

Member No.: 366

Two new codes? most likely related. question is do we really want to know what they say? Tea Times code is posed as some strange hacker or in other words an out of context code, Sycamore project is similar.

if dJay's hints could be dispersed throughout his and alliterator's blogs, clearly something is out there doing this. Something wants these codes hidden but not hidden enough.

What about the audio logs? Is there anything interesting in them? Anything uncracked?

why won't the shadows leave me alone, I want to help, they want me to help, why won't they let me help more

the new spring is me
GodwinAmadioha
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 02:17 AM

Mad

Member No.: 223

Thank you so much for stating the blatantly fucking obvious.

As for the audiologs, it's really fucking difficult to hear with all the redundant static everywhere, but I'm pretty sure someone's already posted what happened in Operation: STARDEEPWATER. Try clicking previous pages, maybe.

No new audio logs have become available just yet, but I'll probably have the opportunity to crack into those whenever they do.

Got suspended from school. Fighting.

PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 02:29 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Actually, no, all the logs have been posted, but no one seems to have commented on the elephant in the room. So I won't either, for it is my job as the infallible Eshu to be infuriatingly vague whenever I can.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Matsokune
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 10:06 AM

The Bench Warmer

Member No.: 149

I believe the elephant in the room DJay is referring to is in audio log 6, the majority of it is encoded in morse code. I can't understand morse code to save my life, so we need someone else to translate that.
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 03:29 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

So, that's a pretty big definite on Apostate being brute marked I think...

Also my internet problems are over so I will be able to help out again yay!

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 04:01 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Mar 6 2014, 10:29 AM)
So, that's a pretty big definite on Apostate being brute marked I think...

And how. I suppose it could also be the Rake, he's been acting kinda brutal lately.

Would it kill you to take it out on someone else besides us, Apostate? Where's that netiquette thread when you need it?

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 04:41 PM

Mad

Don't need your fucking preaching. Solve the morse code.

PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 06:24 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Matsokune @ Mar 6 2014, 05:06 AM)
I believe the elephant in the room DJay is referring to is in audio log 6, the majority of it is encoded in morse code. I can't understand morse code to save my life, so we need someone else to translate that.

And here I assumed that the Morse code in that one was simply an SOS like the title. I can't tell . from - when it's audio.
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 7 2014, 01:40 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Just getting OOG here for a sec, just to clarify something.

As I'm the one who devised the Marking system (and spent a good week or two working out exactly how it'd work), I take full responsibility for any drama that might accidentally ensue because of the mixed messages people will have to deliberately give off. I'll be keeping a close eye on this subforum anyway since I'm the main GM, but I'm keeping a doubly-close eye on it because of how sensitive things could get thanks to the Marking system.

If anyone gets blatantly offensive and is not Marked with something, I will take care of that as a mod, probably censoring the post myself because I don't want it to be mistaken for something deliberate.
If anyone gets blatantly offensive and is Marked with something, I will keep a close eye to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

So my advice to people is to assume offensive things are part of the Game, whether the person saying them is an actor or a player. We're blurring the lines between the two here.

But again, this is only for this subforum. Don't pretend you're Marked outside of this subforum. We all clear on that?

With that in mind, we can move onto a slight addendum to the Mark mechanic.

Apostate. People have declared you are Marked with The Brute (and the Burning Bride). Do you agree with this? Don't worry, you won't die with either answer.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
fearnoevil
 Posted: Mar 7 2014, 01:42 AM

Innocent

Member No.: 366

not just log 6

the new spring is me
GodwinAmadioha
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Mar 7 2014, 05:26 AM

Mad

I'm inclined to agree with this.

PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 7 2014, 06:03 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Alright, then. Having an idea of what Fear has Marked you will help if a Cure is found. If one even exists!

Now, what about those puzzles? I'm sorry to say, guys, but the only way to progress is to solve something. The question is, which?

EXHIBITS:
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll