Pages: (8) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Nine is God Trailhead, trailhead
proxiehunter
 Posted: Feb 16 2014, 10:23 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

People asking my Spring.me account questions in Russian? In my inbox. Godwin replies? Spam folder. Screw you too yahoo mail.

????

I have apparently confused Godwin.

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Feb 15 2014, 09:13 PM)

Was his response to someone asking whether Amadi would like that...

Which seems a little confusing... Amadi=Harassment or? If it does seems weird that the blogger would refer to what seemed to be a nice old man like that...

Also this: http://www.behindthename.com/name/amadi-2

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Feb 16 2014, 05:22 AM)

You're thinking in terms of the wrong religion. I can say that much.

I'm assuming from the context of the blog that it would be some form of African religion but the closest I can find is the Igbo god [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadioha[/url], who while apparently quick to strike down the wicked is known a a god of Justice and a god of Love Peace and Unity.

It does though say that he "speaks through thunder, and he strikes with lightning. He creates thunder and lightning by casting "thunderstones" down to earth. Persons judged guilty by Amadioha are either killed by lightning (which leaves a black mark on the forehead) or attacked by a swarm of bees. The property of the victim is usually taken by the priests of Amadioha, and the body is left unburied and the victim unmourned, as the punishment is considered to be a righteous one from God. In some parts of Igboland, Amadioha is used as a curse word. Oaths are often sworn to him, which can carry deadly penalties when broken."

So shades of the Convocation, the Eye (with swift and brutal punishment for sins), and maybe the Archangel.
PM
Charlie
 Posted: Feb 16 2014, 09:23 PM

A mystery wrapped in an enigma sealed with a kiss

Group: Conspirator (III)
Member No.: 49

QUOTE (proxiehunter @ Feb 15 2014, 10:55 PM)

Edit: And I know the code was cracked before I got to it but I don't know what the code was. It doesn't seem to have been a Caesar shift or base 64 (was pretty sure it wasn't the later already), and if it's a Vigenère cipher I used the wrong key. I think we need to tell Adesina what the code says before we can advance through their blog but I'd like to include how to break the code if I make the post.

The code was in two parts: the sentences were reversed, and then it was a substitution cipher of the alphabet backwards.

A writer’s brain is full of little gifts, like a piñata at a birthday party. It’s also full of demons, like a piñata at a birthday party in a mental hospital. The truth is, it’s demons that keep a tortured writer’s spirit alive, not Tootsie Rolls. Sure they’ll give you a tiny burst of energy, but they won’t do squat for your writing. So treat your demons with the respect they deserve, and with enough prescriptions to keep you wearing pants.
-Colin Nissan
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Feb 16 2014, 09:58 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Charlie @ Feb 16 2014, 04:23 PM)

The code was in two parts: the sentences were reversed, and then it was a substitution cipher of the alphabet backwards.

Ah, no wonder I was getting gibberish. I wasn't reading them backwards.

Edit: I made a post telling the author of Adesina what the code translated to. Also as far as I can tell the non-English language used in the journals is Igbo. Google translate tells me "mo n be ti sonu" is "spouse and be remember sonu" which is a little giberishy but it seems to have translated everything but what I assume is a proper name into English words so I think I've got the right language. Anyone else want to take the time to google translate all the Igbo bits? If not I'll probably do it eventually but not right now.

There's also been new action from Godwin:

Alongcameaspide got 1 reply to:

Did you really really think we wouldn't catch up? Even if you weren't running your mouth like this we'd have got here sooner or later.

GodwinAmadioha

I didn't even do anything! It was you guys you were pushing your insane beliefs on us and I couldn't handle that! I'm sorry to say, but Mictecacihuatl, Set, and your.. your insane alien god, they're not real, you need help. If you really have to know, that is all the reason I had. there was a better job and I took it, just leave me alone, PLEASE.
PM
Bottle
 Posted: Feb 16 2014, 10:43 PM

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 71

QUOTE (proxiehunter @ Feb 16 2014, 03:58 PM)

Ah, no wonder I was getting gibberish. I wasn't reading them backwards.

Edit: I made a post telling the author of Adesina what the code translated to. Also as far as I can tell the non-English language used in the journals is Igbo. Google translate tells me "mo n be ti sonu" is "spouse and be remember sonu" which is a little giberishy but it seems to have translated everything but what I assume is a proper name into English words so I think I've got the right language. Anyone else want to take the time to google translate all the Igbo bits? If not I'll probably do it eventually but not right now.

There's also been new action from Godwin:

I think it's mostly Yoruba, actually. Running that line through Google on that yields "I'm so lost." which seems a bit more relevant. The previous line translates out to "Why not write in my own language"

I've typed up a more-or-less accurate transcript of the journal here

And yeah, I have no idea why Drive is screwing up the links. Most of 'em are Wikipedia anyway, except Aroni in the last footnote.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Feb 16 2014, 11:12 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

QUOTE (Charlie @ Feb 16 2014, 04:23 PM)

It's almost always easier than it looks, especially at the start of something like this. But I'm with ProxieHunter, Vigenere cipher was what I jumped to at first as well.

I'm thinking I may know what the identities of these "strange alien god[s]" are, but I'll save my speculation for later.

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 16 2014, 11:37 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Mictecacihuatl, Set and an insane alien god...

Well so an aztec god is referenced now and an Egyptian God and an alien god...

Interesting...

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
Matsokune
 Posted: Feb 16 2014, 11:48 PM

The Bench Warmer

Member No.: 149

"Abebi ni ibe iku

Abebi ni ibe orun

Bi oru ba inu abebi ni ibee"

I ran this through Google Translate as Yoruba and Igbo, this is what I got.

Yoruba
Abebi assault death

Abebi gained Heaven

As night abebi ibee

Igbo
Abebi ni another strike

Abebi ni roots

Work into hearing abebi the ni ibee

I think it's safer to say that Amadi's first language was Yoruba, and English his second.
PM
Bottle
 Posted: Feb 17 2014, 12:29 AM

Runner

Member No.: 71

So I searched that passage and found this...

The Yoruba-speaking peoples are fond of composing punning sentences, made up of words having similar sounds but different meanings. Thus:--

(1) Abebi ni ibe iku.

Abebi ni ibe orun.

Bi oru ba inu abebi ni ibe e.

Abebi means a fan, an advocate, or an intercessor, and the above is

An intercessor (with the gods) wards off death.
An advocate (with the judge) wards off punishment.
A fan wards off the heat when it is hot.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Feb 17 2014, 05:06 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

Bottle's transcript sounds like that might be something important for us to remember. It could be a clue to something, a solution to a puzzle, or a hint as to something we need to do later.

I've also been noticing Alongcameaspide's actions in Godwin's springform. It's definitely harassment, possibly from someone the company he left, but not necessarily... I suggest we pay close attention to those interactions, they might reveal something about Mr. Amadioha's past with this company...

Also, I found these posts interesting.

A question I asked:

willowbranches:
Have you any particular idea why your company was obsessed with the number 9? Some corporate manifesto or something?

GodwinAmadioha: It was their sect of religion or something. Wasn't anything I'd ever heard of. They were utter maniacs. I mean I'm glad to pay my respects to my heritage, but the way they preached their gods got a little uncomfortable.
I'll leave it at that. I still don't feel comfortable sharing my private life so much on here.

And one reply to a different question that I found... interesting:

GodwinAmadioha: I have no gods, so I have no reason to fear them. Ikengam kwalu otu, njee mge ona mmuo!

Apparently, at least according to Wikipedia, this phrase translates out to "As long as my Ikenga is active, I can wrestle in the land of the dead!" Ikenga is a personal deity of human endeavor, achievement, and victory.

The wikipedia page in question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikenga
More information: http://dynamicafrica.tumblr.com/post/21683...-alusi-of-power

QUOTE ('ProxieHunter')
"Persons judged guilty by Amadioha are either killed by lightning (which leaves a black mark on the forehead) or attacked by a swarm of bees."

So shades of the Convocation, the Eye (with swift and brutal punishment for sins), and maybe the Archangel.

Seems like shades, potentially, of Intrusion as well with the swarm of bees thing. And on a side note, since we're talking African tribal mythologies, the most likely species for these bees may be the African Honey Bee, which are extremely aggressive and would understandably be threatening. Hell, we have them here too, and anyone who lives in the more tropical Southern states is probably well aware of how nasty these bees can get... A swarm will literally wait for you to come up for air if you jump in a lake or something to hide, and then swarm down your throat when you take a breath. I am dead. Fucking. Serious. Sounding Intrusion-y to you guys? It should.

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
Matsokune
 Posted: Feb 17 2014, 08:58 PM

The Bench Warmer

Member No.: 149

Matsokune:
I recall you answering a question that asked what you do on rainy days, and that you said you code. Is that what you do for a living, and if not then what?

GodwinAmadioha:
It is my preferred job. Currently just work for Globacom.

Anonymous:
What is your first language?

GodwinAmadioha:
English, but I desperately want to say Igbo.

Seems good to know, so I'm putting it in here.

EDIT: For reference, here's Globacom's Wiki page and their work page. They're a phone service provider.
PM
Charlie
 Posted: Feb 18 2014, 02:58 AM

A writer’s brain is full of little gifts, like a piñata at a birthday party. It’s also full of demons, like a piñata at a birthday party in a mental hospital. The truth is, it’s demons that keep a tortured writer’s spirit alive, not Tootsie Rolls. Sure they’ll give you a tiny burst of energy, but they won’t do squat for your writing. So treat your demons with the respect they deserve, and with enough prescriptions to keep you wearing pants.
-Colin Nissan
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Feb 18 2014, 03:00 AM

Mad

Member No.: 223

THANKS TO CHARLIE'S MAGNIFICENT SKILLS AND ABILITIES ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE DESCRAMBLED THE CODE:

ANOTHER ONE
I SAW ANOTHER ONE AND THIS ONE WAS WORSE THAN ARONI
I SAW SHANKPANNA THE DOCTOR THE ONE WITH THE WITHERED LEG THE ONE WHO SOUGHT T OGIVE SMALLPOX TO THE REST OF THE GODS IN DEFIANCE
HE LOOKED UPON ME WITH DARK EYES HE WORE A MASK SHAPED LIKE A BEAK
I CAN FEEL THE SICKNESS SWELLING WITHIN ME
I MUST FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP RUN THE HOUSE
I NEED TO GIVE SOMEONE THE KEY TO THE CELLAR DOOR
WHY DO THOSE WORDS SOUND SO BEAUTIFUL CELLAR DOOR
IF I CANNOT GIVE THE KEY TO SOMEONE IN TIME THEN I WILL LEAVE IT WHERE ONE OF THEM CAN FIND IT
I WILL LEAVE IT IN MY BOOK OF MYTHS
THAT CELLAR DOOR SHALL BE MY LEGACY

Commented it to the blog as well.

PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 18 2014, 01:17 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

For the record, I don't know who alongcameaspider is, I legitimately don't. xD

Also I'm sorry everyone, bit of a quiet weekend for the ARG, I was away working on R'N'D. I managed to squeeze in some ARG work in the early days but then we pressed on with filming. Now I'm back and will get back on track with this so hopefully progress will feel smoother soon, or rather progress will depend on you rather than depending on me remembering to post stuff.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Charlie
 Posted: Feb 19 2014, 03:34 AM

Adesina is essentially over. It might post again, but if everyone FC's Nine is God on Expert Mode, hopefully it won't.

What does FC even mean?

-Colin Nissan
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 19 2014, 03:42 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

I'm not sure.

The two last posts on Adesina: Cellar Door and Nine.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (8) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll