Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Audio Logs, A separate space
The Shade
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 05:15 PM

Mad Plan Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 192

Down in the water where the dead men go.

"It's not crazy, it's an experiment."

My Blogs:
The Long Game ...it's a long story.
Running From Winter ...Part of the Tale Weaver Challenges.
Wandering From the Nightly Shore ...Things are just weirding up.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 05:49 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

Shade, that's pretty much what first sprung to my mind as soon as Bottle uncovered "dead". Perhaps because "dead men tell no tales"... ;)

Bottle, how were you uncovering these passwords? The codes looked a bit ASCII-ish to me, but i could be wrong there.

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
Bottle
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 06:01 PM

Runner

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (DarkShadows @ Mar 2 2014, 11:49 AM)
Shade, that's pretty much what first sprung to my mind as soon as Bottle uncovered "dead". Perhaps because "dead men tell no tales"... ;)

Bottle, how were you uncovering these passwords? The codes looked a bit ASCII-ish to me, but i could be wrong there.

5 was ROT13 for "query:location". 6 and 7 were guesses as to what would follow in the sentence.
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 06:05 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Bottle @ Mar 2 2014, 11:08 AM)

You could say I found it in this very thread. I've been suspicious for a while that the log passwords form a sentence. I took a guess about what would come after "where" and, well, got it right.

Though even if I'm right about the passwords, 7 and 8 could be almost anything O~O

Last night before bed I tried under the same theory to brute force 8 by figuring out what came before "go". "Men" did not occur to me. "Light dies down", isn't that a Sunsetters" song?
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 07:42 PM

Mad

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (The Shade @ Mar 2 2014, 12:15 PM)
Down in the water where the dead men go.

Shade is correct, these are all the passwords.

PM
Matsokune
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 09:55 PM

The Bench Warmer

Member No.: 149

I'll start working on transcripts of them, downloading all nine now. Log 7's name "light dies down" is part of a song name and some of the lyrics from a Genesis song, "The Light Dies Down on Broadway" (disc 2 track 9 of the album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" for reference)

Also, got back from my doctor's appointment, they can't give a diagnosis based on the symptoms I've described. I broke out in hives on the way home, it could have been the pills they gave me to try and help. I'll try to keep you all updated and hopefully I can keep posting!
PM
Bottle
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 10:31 PM

Runner

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Matsokune @ Mar 2 2014, 03:55 PM)
I'll start working on transcripts of them, downloading all nine now. Log 7's name "light dies down" is part of a song name and some of the lyrics from a Genesis song, "The Light Dies Down on Broadway" (disc 2 track 9 of the album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" for reference)

Also, got back from my doctor's appointment, they can't give a diagnosis based on the symptoms I've described. I broke out in hives on the way home, it could have been the pills they gave me to try and help. I'll try to keep you all updated and hopefully I can keep posting!

Erm... excuse me if this is insensitive, but... hmm. You wouldn't happened to have met any one-legged men lately, would you? Perhaps with a shank or pan?

Again, apologies if I'm just being weird. Hope you recover, friend. Just to be safe, don't whistle at night :).
PM
Matsokune
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 11:04 PM

The Bench Warmer

QUOTE (Bottle @ Mar 2 2014, 05:31 PM)

Erm... excuse me if this is insensitive, but... hmm. You wouldn't happened to have met any one-legged men lately, would you? Perhaps with a shank or pan?

Again, apologies if I'm just being weird. Hope you recover, friend. Just to be safe, don't whistle at night :).

Sorry, no. I'll keep him in mind though, never know when i could use a pan in the middle of the night.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Mar 3 2014, 12:36 AM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

Bottle, I dunno about one-legged men, but it's possible Matso crossed paths with a bad medical professional or something.

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
Matsokune
 Posted: Mar 3 2014, 10:52 AM

The Bench Warmer

OPERATION: STARDEEPWATER now has transcriptions of logs 1 and 2. I'll do more when I get home from school, I can't miss any more days. Let me know if there's any indication in the later logs which of the other two agents (Moonage Daydream and Life on Mars) are which.
PM
slendyslayer
 Posted: Mar 8 2014, 01:11 AM

Fighter

Member No.: 145

I'm on a Mac so my options are limited, but there is plenty of free software you can download that lets you put an audio file in and it'll translate the morse for you.

Sorry I can't help more than that. :/

PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Nov 5 2014, 04:22 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 397

QUOTE (slendyslayer @ Mar 7 2014, 08:11 PM)
I'm on a Mac so my options are limited, but there is plenty of free software you can download that lets you put an audio file in and it'll translate the morse for you.

Sorry I can't help more than that. :/

The Morse code in log 6 appears to be encrypted. Software keeps turning this up:
wegougwehbytnwyipdd
and what I got when I tried to transcribe it by ear was similar.

Hopefully I'm not grasping at straws here. In any case, it's not a Caesar cipher. I also tried Vigenere with these keys:

isanybodyoutthere
praytothegods
stardust
jotunheim
moonagedaydream
lifeonmars

I haven't even tried to transcribe the Morse from log 9 yet. Going to be hard to do, putting it mildly, unless I can find a way to get rid of the voices.

Unseelie - The place where giants rule

Journal of the days after - Torn from xer awful embrace

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin - Read it and weep

Our Cyclical Dance - Endlessly in on itself

I'm on Tumblr and DeviantArt.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 02:16 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Is that all the morse code?

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 11:46 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Operation: STORYTELLER has been posted. It's all videoFJAFIAFJDFIDSFF*EHFDIKCEFIJDOCKEDIJOCKX

MODERATOR VOICE:

Ikenga https://db.tt/NPzHrAx1

(OOG: This is all you'll get for a while. My co-runner won't be joining us for the rest of the ARG, so I've got to get a sizable backlog of content for you guys by myself. I can't say how long it'll take me, but it'll be a while, and I didn't want to leave you guys with nothing, so consider this a preview of where things'll go, I guess? Also you guys still have a fair bit of content to discover anyway, they're just all hidden through puzzles. Just keep working at what you're already working on and you should find some wonderful things.)

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 01:28 AM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Member No.: 408

Well everyone, say hello to the second face of the newborn. The recording's end might be a code, but I have no idea. I'm still waiting on your disision on my question should be.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll