Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Nine is God's Fears and Other Beings
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Nov 28 2014, 09:17 PM

He Who Walks Between The Worlds

Group: Members
Member No.: 408

Alright, this tread is for speculation on the fears that were dealing with here in this game, so as not to clutter up the other threads here. Please let your first post here have your theories on this/everyhing we know about them.

Edit: I'll put the information in my next post
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Nov 29 2014, 12:04 AM

PRE01 "Yggdrasil" (Slender Man): Supposedly "DEBUNKED" by the archive.
PRE02 "Bia" (Rake): Supposedly "DEBUNKED" by the archive, stating that "PRE02 turned out to just be a creepypasta".
PRE03 "Obatala" (Archangel): Any deceased creature, human or otherwise, as opposed to saying it favors the gas mask form. QUOTE: " in recent years, quietened down. The two leading theories are either that PRE03 is experiencing a change in mentality (a metacrisis?), or that it is planning something." So Archie is quitting down.
PRE04 "Odin" (Blind Man) DEBUNKED
PRE05 "Mictecacihuatl" (Wooden Girl): Something resembling the "regular version", except it not clear what she's made of. It's either wood, china, earth. She also appears to be the screaming tower ( which is described as a tower of non-Euclidean geometry filled with torture chambers). Both components apparently exists in symbiosis with each other/in which she is said to be bound.
Instead of strings, she has powers of psychic influence on humans, mostly in the form of invasive thoughts.
The tower apparently might be located on earth but that exact location is unknown.
PRE06 "Jotunheim" (Empty City)
PRE07 "Kanteletar" (Choir) DEBATED
PRE08 "Set" (Cold Boy): prefers deserts, which is strange since it form is a as we know him, so why it doesn't appear as something more logical is unknown (maybe tundra counts as desert? There are so such things as cold deserts.) Communication with him has been attempted by the archive and with mostly successful results. He has described itself as a "lonely god," and doesn't get along with the other fears. He also often alludes to a rivalry in the past with whats believed to be the eye, but has calmed down. Recently he started to appear less frequently. The last known conversation between him and the archive consisted entirely of him saying "I'm destined to be lonely forever." after which he has not been seen since.
PRE09 "Amadioha" (Nightlanders) DEBATED
PRE10 "Erinyes" (Black Dog)
PRE11 "Dionysus" (Manufactured Newborn): aperince has changed throughout history, bu currently appears as a half-machine half-human hybrid or a glitch appearing in the Internet (which might suggest that it's a cross with the glitch). Its been attributed as the twice-born entity from foreign lands. Its actions are ambiguous, commonly associated with mystery in search of seeking enlightenment, but this state of "enlightenment" itself is ambiguous and often results in psychological destruction if misapplied. QUOTE: "PRE11 is one of the most documented entities in our records. There are lots of differing legends, but they all share similar themes and structures. Here's my piece on the matter: Even in early mythology, Dionysus has been assumed to be half-human and half-beyond, said to have a human mother and PRE03 as its father-- a father who accidentally kills the human mother, at that. According to this legend, UXP098 raised it until it was of age to travel the world in search of some unknown goal. In contemporary legend, this goal is referred to as its "Tower," but I think it's likelier PRE11 grew up in search of maturity, a sense of self-identity, that intangible goal even we humans seek. I think PRE11 shares this due to its half-human nature. Eventually, PRE11 returned to the common world or wherever it is, but the other PREs were reluctant to accept 11 as one of their own. In attempt to prove its worth and gain the love it needed, PRE11 traveled into PRE19 to retrieve its human mother, but... well, PRE19 was debunked, so our Analysts are still interpreting this one. At some point after PRE11's personal journey and ordeals, there's a gap in our records. We've heard rumors that it was killed (murdered?), but then our next records state the PREs accept it into their ranks, so that can't be right. This is where things get weird. The PRE11 at this point is no longer just Dionysus but is also now Ikenga, a two-faced entity that is associated with the past and the future. More research is required on this one, especially since PRE11 hasn't shown its face(s) in a long time. Wherever it is, it's coming. If it's a two-faced entity for the past and the future, perhaps the "past" face is the Dionysus that cannot forget its past and its tribulations and the "future" face is the Ikenga that is a fearsome warrior hiding somewhere where we can't see it (can't judge it)? If that hypothesis is correct, then I guess it really did become the PRE it always wanted to be. I hope it's happy. I also hope it's found its enlightenment."
PRE12 "The Nine Diseases" (Plague Doctor): Supposedly "DEBUNKED" by the archive. PRE12 is actually rare/a less active fear.
PRE13 "Sielulintu" (Convocation) DEBATED
PRE14 "Olokun" (EAT)
PRE15 "Koschei" (Dying Men/Man): QUOTE: "
A crucial part of the PRE15 archetype is that each manifestation insists a day will come when they unite again to form the original entity. No matter what the manifestation's background is, they all collectively refer to this day as "Ragnarök," or at least its beginnings." So if the dying men reunited, the beginning of the end starts.
PRE16 "Kephry" (Intrusion) DEBUNKED
PRE17 "Ochosi" (Eye): Might possibly be just a side affect or another form of the black dog.
PRE18 "Kullervo" (Unnamed Child) DEBATED
PRE19 "Awides, Agesander" (Quiet, Aqualung?) DEBUNKED
PRE20 "Nemesis" (Mother of Snakes)
PRE21 "Cronus" (Grotesque)
PRE22 "Tyr" (Smiling Man): Alternatively appears as smiling or screaming. QUOTE: "PRE22 is said to have lost its arm to PRE10, and it is also said to have been the former ruler of some unknown group of beings before another PRE overthrew it and took its place." So it might of not originally been a Fear, both was overthrown by another "PRE", Which (my speculation) might have been Eshu. Might now be armless due to The Black Dog.
PRE23 "Frigg" (Vision) (wrong designation, should be switched with red cap)
PRE24 "Kratos and Hel" (Brute and Burning Bride)
PRE25 "Mrtyu-mara" (Red Cap) (wrong designation, should be switched with vision)
PRE26 "Ask/Embia" (???, possibly Ivory Woman, but unlikely): In Norse, Ask (or askr, as it's spelled in old Norse) means "ash tree", and Embla either means "elm tree" or "vine". In the myth, Odin and two other gods, Vili and Vé(The brothers of Odin who together slew Ymir. They aren't mentioned very much in Norse mythology) created the first man and woman from two trees. These were Ask and Embla. The myth is very much like Adam and Eve's story."DEBATED" by the archive. PRE26 is actually one androgynous being (also rare), according to the archive.
UXP138 "Lilith" (Jack of All, possibly AU Version)
Wikipedia: "Lilith is a Hebrew name for a figure in Jewish mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be in part derived from a historically far earlier class of female demons Līlīṯu in Mesopotamian Religion, found in Cuneiform texts of Sumer, Akkad, Assyria and Babylonia."

Encyclopedia Mythica: "Lilith" by Alan G. Hefner: "A female demon of the night who supposedly flies around searching for newborn children either to kidnap or strangle them. Also, she sleeps with men to seduce them into propagating demon sons. Legends told about Lilith are ancient. The rabbinical myths of Lilith being Adam's first wife seem to relate to the Sumero-Babylonian Goddess Belit-ili, or Belili. To the Canaanites, Lilith was Baalat, the "Divine Lady." On a tablet from Ur, ca. 2000 BCE, she was addressed as Lillake.
One story is that God created Adam and Lilith as twins joined together at the back. She demanded equality with Adam, failing to achieve it, she left him in anger. This is sometimes accompanied by a Muslim legend that after leaving Adam Lilith slept with Satan, thus creating the demonic Djinn.
In another version of the myth of Lilith, she was Adam's first wife before Eve. Adam married her because he became tired of coupling with animals, a common Middle-Eastern herdsmen practice, though the Old Testament declared it a sin (Deuteronomy 27:21). Adam tried to make Lilith lie beneath him during sexual intercourse. Lilith would not meet this demand of male dominance. She cursed Adam and hurried to her home by the Red Sea.
Adam complained to God who then sent three angels, Sanvi, Sansanvi and Semangelaf, to bring Lilith back to Eden. Lilith rebuffed the angels by cursing them. While by the Red Sea Lilith became a lover to demons and producing 100 babies a day. The angels said that God would take these demon children away from her unless she returned to Adam. When she did not return, she was punished accordingly. And, God also gave Adam the docile Eve.
According to some Lilith's fecundity and sexual preferences showed she was a Great Mother of settled agricultural tribes, who resisted the invasions of the nomadic herdsmen, represented by Adam. It is felt the early Hebrews disliked the Great Mother who drank the blood of Abel, the herdsman, after being slain by the elder god of agriculture and smithcraft, Cain (Genesis 4:11). Lilith's Red Sea is but another version of Kali Ma's Ocean of Blood, which gave birth to all things but needed periodic sacrificial replenishment.
Speculation is that perhaps there was a connection between Lilith and the Etruscan divinity Lenith, who possessed no face and waited at the gate of the underworld along with Eita and Persipnei (Hecate and Persephone) to receive the souls of the dead. The underworld gate was a yoni, and also a lily, which had "no face." Admission into the underworld was frequently mythologized as a sexual union. (see Tantrism) The lily or lilu (lotus) was the Great Mother's flower-yoni, whose title formed Lilith's name.
Even though the story of Lilith disappeared from the canonical Bible, her daughters the lilim haunted men for over a thousand years. It was well into that Middle Ages that Jews still manufactured amulets to keep away the lilim. Supposedly they were lusty she-demons who copulated with men in all their dreams, causing nocturnal emissions.
The Greeks adopted the belief of the lilim, calling them Lamiae, Empusae (Forcers-In), or Daughters of Hecate. Likewise the Christians adopted the belief, calling them harlots of hell, or succubi, the counterpart of the incubi. Celebrant monks attempted to fend them off by sleeping with their hands over their genitals, clutching a crucifix.
Even though most of the Lilith legend is derived from Jewish folklore, descriptions of the Lilith demon appear in Iranian, Babylonian, Mexican, Greek, Arab, English, German, Oriental and Native American legends. Also, she sometimes has been associated with legendary and mythological characters such as the Queen of Sheba and Helen of Troy. In medieval Europe she was proclaimed to be the wife, concubine or grandmother of Satan.
Men who experienced nocturnal emissions during their sleep believed they had been seduced by Lilith and said certain incantations to prevent the offspring from becoming demons. It was thought each time a pious Christian had a wet dream, Lilith laughed. It was believed that Lilith was assisted in her bloodthirsty nocturnal quests by succubi, who gathered with her near the "mountains of darkness" to frolic with her demon lover Samael, whole name means "poison of God" (sam-el). The Zohar, the principal work of the Kabbalah, describes Lilith's powers at their height during the waning of the moon.
According to legend Lilith's attraction for children comes from the belief that God took her demon children from her when she did not return to Adam. It was believed that she launched a reign of terror against women in childbirth and newborn infants, especially boys. However, it also was believed that the three angels who were sent to fetch her by the Red Sea forced her to swear that whenever she saw their names or images on amulets that she would leave the infants and mothers alone.
These beliefs continued for centuries. As late as the 18th century, it was a common practice in many cultures to protect new mothers and their infants with amulets against Lilith. Males were most vulnerable during the first week of life, girls during the first three weeks. Sometimes a magic circle was drawn around the lying-in-bed, with a charm inscribed with the names of the three angels, Adam and Eve and the words "barring Lilith" or "protect this newborn child from all harm." Frequently amulets were place in the four corners and throughout the bedchamber. If a child laughed while sleeping, it was taken as a sign that Lilith was present. Tapping the child on the nose, it was believed, made her go away."

UXP098/PRE27(see later) "Eshu" (???): Eshu in mythology is a god from Yoruba religion. He is The spirit of trickery, it leads mortals though tribulation which will ultimately lead to maturity, a difficult teacher. We that makes sense. The mythological Eshu has power over fortune and misfortune, and is the personification of death, the orisha (a being that represents a manifestation of the Supreme god in the Yoruba religion) of roads, especially crossroads, he also is a psychopomp, meaning a being that leads the souls of the recent dead to the afterlife. "UXP098 was a misclassification", according for the archive, which might mean that is should be PRE27.
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Nov 29 2014, 12:30 AM

AND BEHOLD! ABOVE IS A GREAT WALL OF TEXT!! BOW AND TREMBLE AT ITS GREAT NUMBER OF WORDS!!!
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Nov 29 2014, 06:40 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

footnote 1: Scholars across the world debate as to whether or not the PRE numbers for The Vision and The Red Cap should, indeed, be switched. One school of thought says "It would keep it consistent with the Wiki," but the other school of thought argues "The original Archive blog did not give PRE numbers (I believe) for the two Fears, so to give them numbers at all is arbitrary and to argue stories should stick to such an arbitrary list would be even more, in fact, arbitrary."

More news at 11.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 01:11 AM

I would appreciate it if you guys could talk. And I reminded you that I have a limited amount of time to ask my question to Frigg. WHAT. SHOULD. I. ASK?
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 04:26 AM

Bat One
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 397

QUOTE (Dr0Shadow @ Dec 4 2014, 08:11 PM)
I would appreciate it if you guys could talk. And I reminded you that I have a limited amount of time to ask my question to Frigg. WHAT. SHOULD. I. ASK?

What do you want us to talk about? I've been busy working on codes. I did give you a couple of suggestions for your question, remember?

Unseelie - The place where giants rule

Journal of the days after - Torn from xer awful embrace

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin - Read it and weep

Our Cyclical Dance - Endlessly in on itself

I'm on Tumblr and DeviantArt.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Dec 5 2014, 04:34 AM

Mad

Member No.: 223

Look, Dr0, we get you're impatient, but we're trying to actually crack codes instead of give you pointless questions to ask and go off on random tangents with.

I'd appreciate it if maybe you'd step back while we're working because this fucking code is really something.

PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Dec 6 2014, 12:50 AM

Sorry. Handing it over to Seadrus.
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Dec 10 2014, 01:27 AM

(OOG: I would like to clarify the interpretations of the Fears in the ARG. If anyone would like to help, please do.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Dec 13 2014, 01:50 AM

UPDATE: EAT MIGHT BE ESHU, AND ASK/EMBIA IS THE CONSTANT WANDERER.
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Jan 2 2015, 05:48 PM

PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Feb 23 2016, 07:02 PM

With the addition of Ancestor, we have a tidbit of lore to analyze:

At some point in 2013, Remy Larson (the rhythm guitarist for Sunsetters) is found dead. Deep cuts in his neck and forearms lead officials to rule his death a suicide. In his attic are found several pages of guitar sheet music, a painting, and unfinished notes on a planned musical concept based on Chinese mythology. In homage to him, the remaining Sunsetters release an EP based on his writings, naming it after his painting.

The deep cuts suggest the rake, but so far it seams that the rake nor the slender man don't exist (due to the SMSC or the Archive recognizing that ether exist). Proof otherwise?
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 23 2016, 07:04 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

There are also things called knives. They can be held by anything that has gripping abilities. I wouldn't try to interpret that one.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
Dr0Shadow
 Posted: Feb 23 2016, 07:08 PM

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Feb 23 2016, 02:04 PM)
There are also things called knives. They can be held by anything that has gripping abilities. I wouldn't try to interpret that one.

As soon as I read knives I remembered that The Smiling Man has a knife hand. So ether smiling man or literally just suicide, probably the latter.
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 23 2016, 09:25 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dr0Shadow @ Feb 23 2016, 07:08 PM)

As soon as I read knives I remembered that The Smiling Man has a knife hand. So ether smiling man or literally just suicide, probably the latter.

Couldn't it be neither?

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll