Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Plague Doctor, He's just a big old softie.
proxiehunter
 Posted: Mar 3 2014, 08:08 AM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (DarkShadows @ Mar 2 2014, 08:29 PM)
On a more on-topic note, has anyone thought of using Typhoid Mary or a fictional character like her with the Good Doctor? The idea for it struck me quite recently and I thought it might be interesting to blend the two concepts somehow.

That's one of the things I was aiming for with the Plague Bearers mentioned in this post. Not all Plague Bearers were supposed to be doctors like the Mad Doctors (later dubbed Oath Breakers), as the association with pox parties alluded to anyone deliberately spreading disease to serve him was supposed to fall under that designation. It got a little muddled with the one example used actually being a doctor, although an unlicensed back alley one.
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 10:22 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22

A lot of eboloa in the news lately. The good thing about ebola is that it has a fairly low tranmision rate. The bad thing about the Plague Doctor is that he could "fix" that. Might be a story there for someone.
PM
AC11
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 10:42 PM

Overshadowed Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 327

QUOTE (proxiehunter @ Aug 6 2014, 06:22 PM)
A lot of eboloa in the news lately. The good thing about ebola is that it has a fairly low tranmision rate. The bad thing about the Plague Doctor is that he could "fix" that. Might be a story there for someone.

I always wanted a Plague Doctor/Intrusion story. Imagine if the Good Doctor made a few adjustments to dengue, chikungunya and the sleep disease and then his bug friends... Just imagine the possibilities!

Besides, Ebola is rather lacking.... Chikungunya can screw your limbs for good if you survive it. Or check out Marburg disease, Ebola with healthy dosage of nightmare fuel!

The House of Vänt:
Memories, Chronicles, Tales: They make, they compile, we listen
Chronicles of Sorrow: Many chapters, many choices, one prize
His Testament
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 6 2016, 02:37 PM

Has a really nice vest.

Group: Members
Member No.: 363

Here's an idea I've been toying with for a bit: Plague Doctor as the Fear of Prejudice and Persecution.
I sortof got the idea based on how during the black plague houses that contained infected people would have crosses painted on the door.
So this Plague Doctor would target those it considers "diseased" (read: lgbt) and attempt to "cure" (read: psychological tourture) them. It marks it's victims by, you guessed it, painting a cross on their door.

The way I see it, it could either be a supernatural entity, or a KKK-esq organization. Both are equally disturbing.

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll