Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Tarantella
Apostate
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 03:33 PM

Mad

Group: Members
Member No.: 223

ABSTRACT AND THE PHYSICAL ARE CATEGORIES AND LINES AND NUMBERS BOUND IN REALITY

DO AWAY WITH THEM AND THE ONLY THING LEFT IS THE LIMITLESS VOID-EXPANSE OF THE IMPERMEABLE, OF UNRESTRAINED CHAOS

WHICH OF COURSE BREEDS TRULY INCONQUERABLE FEAR

PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 04:28 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 397

QUOTE (Apostate @ Jan 27 2016, 10:33 AM)
ABSTRACT AND THE PHYSICAL ARE CATEGORIES AND LINES AND NUMBERS BOUND IN REALITY

DO AWAY WITH THEM AND THE ONLY THING LEFT IS THE LIMITLESS VOID-EXPANSE OF THE IMPERMEABLE, OF UNRESTRAINED CHAOS

WHICH OF COURSE BREEDS TRULY INCONQUERABLE FEAR

hAIL FUCKING SITHIS

Unseelie - The place where giants rule

Journal of the days after - Torn from xer awful embrace

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin - Read it and weep

Our Cyclical Dance - Endlessly in on itself

I'm on Tumblr and DeviantArt.

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
Hunter
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 04:55 PM

January 11th, 2015. Never forget.

Member No.: 512

... Alrighty then. I guess this is the Ender Scrolls thread now. Cool.

But seriously, I do have a question: What is the Tarantella's desire? What does it want? Right now it's motives are undecipherable.
PM
Hunter
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 07:27 PM

Also, this is worth mentioning.

So does anyone have ideas for a physical form, modus operandi, or anything at all, really?

I think giving her an "official" form would be doing a disservice.

Keep in mind that I'm not mad, it's just that I'd really rather not be sent on a wild goose chase to find your Fear a tangible form when you apparently don't want one for it.
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 08:15 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

If you read the rest of the thread, you'll see where I changed my mind after talking to Omega.

And what does any Fear want? What does that have to do with what a Fear can be used to *say*?

So look at the fleeting stars with fleeting eyes, and feel how the earth beneath you gives. It is all a temporary manifestation of particles, and it is all unraveling back to particulate silence. The bustle of the human day will come and will go. And then there will be night. -WtNV
PM
Apostate
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 12:09 AM

Mad

Member No.: 223

FEARS ARE OF COURSE BEINGS THAT KNOW THE TRUTH IN THAT THERE IS NO TRUTH SAVE EAT AND GROW LARGER, CONSUME AND CONSUME UNTIL ALL EXISTENCE IS ONLY DESIRE AND THERE IS ONLY ONE DESIRE AND THAT IS TO EAT

PM
Hunter
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Hexillith @ Jan 27 2016, 08:15 PM)
And what does any Fear want? What does that have to do with what a Fear can be used to *say*?

Then what does the Tarantella say? That's what makes me feel like the Tarantella is less than the bare minimum of what is used to create a Fear. What does it say, what does it want, what does it do? Without knowing at least one of these things, I can't see this being anything more than a single abstract concept.

The Red Cap wants to spread its influence through sex cults. The Quiet wants to undo everything. The Algernon Forest wants us to regress into previous states of life. What does the Tarantella want?
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 07:36 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

This is a Fear thread, not a Fear blog. All Fear threads are strictly abstract, because they're not really about anything but brainstorming. So Fears in a Fear thread don't really have to "want" anything or have anything to say. That's for the stories to handle. (Plus, if Hex were to objectively say, in this thread, that "This Fear has to be a metaphor for this or that," then that would make for a terrible Fear. The best part about Fears, at least for me, is that I can make them about whatever the hell I want.)

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Hunter
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 08:17 PM

Alright, I have an idea that can solve all my problems with this Fear. I think the Tarantella herself shouldn't have a form, but rather she is symbolized, brought into the realm we can understand by her Frumpers. This gives her a defined "want" as well, by her "wanting" to have Frumpers. The reason can be left ambiguous, which gives it a tolerable mystery element as to what she's planning with an army or scarecrows. With these things, the Tarantella seems like a good Fear concept to me, and I have no quarrel with it.
PM
Hexillith
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 11:19 PM

Bat One
Group Icon

Cool, then feel free to write the Tarantella that way in your stories. The goal of this thread is to create a framework from which authors can come up with more portrayals like yours.

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll