Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

SunSetters, Something really uncanny
DJay32
 Posted: Dec 28 2011, 02:46 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

If we could find people who could play real instruments, Jane's already vowed to make a ukulele interlude or two, and I'm gonna make sure to put in arbitrary clarinet solos.

I think it'd be fun to use a guitar controller in the band. It'd be used as a percussion instrument, but it'd still be awesome!

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 11:37 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

The first mention of Sunsetters.

How was that, alliterator? >w> How do you like that tracklist? Made it, myself.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 01:13 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

That was awesome. The track list sounded like an actual track list.

I'm just wondering what I'm going to post on Cloud's blog now. I have to start making more plot-centric posts, rather than just experiments.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 01:28 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

I highly recommend making up a subplot of your own. :D Like, just a little one strictly for Doctor Cloud only (maybe the occasional mention by someone else), an entirely alliterator-original subplot. Like Liquid Len's Harold Demure stuff. Or something.

I don't recommend doing anything too related to the Newborn yet, though. Unless it's very subtly so, like.. the Harold Demure stuff. xD

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 02:09 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

I made an autopsy report.

I wrote it by looking at an actual autopsy report. It was kind of creepy.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 02:15 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

I like it. It's pretty damn realistic.

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 12 2012, 05:51 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Alliterator. Click this.

Tell me what you think. I'm still experimenting with sound-creating software, but for now I'm sticking to the ones that focus on premade public domain samples. This song is probably gonna be Liquid Len's theme, after I mess around more with it of course. In-Game, it's "Smashed Bottle" by Sunsetters, off their self-titled debut album. The song is about the "Ichor Wizard" mentioned on The Excavate.

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 12 2012, 08:32 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

"Rise of Her Rain."

The predecessor to the Ichor suite off The Excavate, this four-movement Sunsetters piece is about.. well, EAT. Movements: I- Rise of the Ichor, II- Day of Rain, III- Evolution, IV- Reign of the Ichor.

If you don't see any way to listen to it, there should be a.. "3 Versions" thing on the page with one of the.. things having a play button. Hopefully. o_e I'm actually really proud of this song, too. I really want people to hear it.

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jan 13 2012, 02:09 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Listening to it now. Sounds awesome.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jun 1 2012, 03:43 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Sunsetters discography

Eight albums, five EPs/live albums?

Hidden messages: "Hello," "Listeners," "You have been nice," "Fans." "Your screams amuse me." Or something along those lines. (Fun fact: The hidden message for the first was originally "tits")

First album is rough and kinda raw. Second album, god I have no idea. Third album is where they get a keyboardist and the songs are much more synth-y. Fourth album no idea, fifth album no idea.

See, I'd make more songs for these guys but I feel bad because the songs I made are basically just taken from samples and stuff. I dunno. I'll figure something out.

THIS BAND mysteriously disappeared after their eighth album. OH I GOT IT, their eighth album sounded really mechanical, like the band weren't even human. Because they were Camper. >W>

I'll come up with more stuff later, my mind's all over the place, all these ideas.

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 19 2012, 12:09 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

FUN FACT: The Sunsetters will appear in the Rapture comic. I plan on replacing 99% of the copyrighted song lyrics and band references with fictional ones, which will include Bonnjo Vjonsped, Sunsetters, and probably some made-up band to replace Genesis (I'm thinking of calling them Revel Yellow but that also sounds stupid).

But because of this, I'll have to do a lot of band.. making. So let's see if I can come up with some good stuff for our good ol' Sunsetters.

Sunsetters
Concept: None. Just an album of disconnected songs, though all the songs take place in a creepypasta mythology of their own that has parallels with both Topography Genera and Rapture.

1: Smashed Bottle [pumping song to start the album off, about an Only Sane Man in a world of Camper]
2: Metal Speech [FT-HOMUNCULI]
3: Burning Books [song about FT-CREMATOR]
4: Hidden in the Trees [song about Steward, just for the hell of it]
5: Perfection [either FT-MONOCHROME or FT-SELKIE]
6: The Last Sunset [quiet piano song and stuff, about the end of the world]
7: Rise of Her Rain (I- Rise of the Ichor, II- Day of Rain, III- Evolution, IV- Reign of the Ichor)
8: Reveries [a reverie, about FT-LOTOPHAGI]

Every Sunsetters album has a reverie on it somewhere, as well as at least one song about EAT and a song about either FT-HOMUNCULI, an apocalypse, or the fear of the future.

Summer Sucks
Concept: Rock opera about a boy dreading the apocalypse, referred to as "Summer."

1: Summer Sucks [punk parody acting as overture]
2: The Bruises of Hell Await [lengthy sad song setting up the boy's character and past]
3: Love Cuts Deep ["love ballad" about the only girl the boy ever loved, drowned in the local pool]
4: The Inferno Begins [tech metal "thrash viking hard rock," Summer comes]
5: Deep Cuts Loves [experimental "thrash viking hard rock," boy and girl become Camper]
6: Awaiting Hell, Bruised Earth [extreme tech metal "thrash viking hard rock," EAT saves the world (song ends on quiet reverie)]
7: Effigy from Another Time [sad ukulele piece, spoken poem, EAT reigns]

The Excavate
Concept: Songs about the ocean

DISC ONE
1: Submerged Within [drowning submarine]
2: Empty Cities of Blue [underwater Empty City]
3: Topography Wales off the West of Wales [quirky instrumental]
4: Underwater Magma [FISH THAT ARE ON FIRE]
5: Feel the Ichor/Feed the Ichor/Fear the Ichor [three-song suite about EAT]

DISC TWO
1: Camp of Sharks [short instrumental]
2: Squid Hunting [hard rock]
3: Call of Cthulhu [Metallica cover]
4: The Three Wizards [anthemic; the Death Wizard part has a reverie interlude]
5: The Tower of Undersea Metal [heavy I don't know]

No Entry
Concept: None. Just creepypasta songs like the debut.

1: Gentleman in the Corner [FT-BIRCHMAN]
2: Smile [short interlude song about FT-SMILE, gets glitchier and glitchier as it ends]
3: Prophetic to the Blind [about blindly following prophecies, Rapture parallels]
4: The Solemnity of Sally Pronchell [song about a girl who meets FT-RED DEATH]
5: Subject to Objection [song vaguely about subjectivity and objectivity and the Fears of Rapture]
6: no alliteration (I- Ontological, II- The Darkling Thrush, III- one thousand and one nightmares, IV- The Foul Rag and Bone Shop, V- brighter than a spoon, VI- Snowball in Hell) [segues into...]
7: A Realm of Emptiness
8: Unquiet Slumber [reverie]
9: Interlude? [outro song, fades into the sound of waves crashing]

Sound of the Forgotten Waves: Smashed Bottle Men
Concept: Fifth album and its two accompaniment EPs are entirely about Topography Genera, though this obviously isn't explicitly revealed. It was originally supposed to be one single album but the record company didn't want to release one huge album, so they split it up.

DISC ONE [turns out this actually follows the structure of Genesis' Selling England by the Pound, which was their fifth album, and all this was unintentional xD]
1: Digging for Fossils [begins with waves crashing, about a man who (EAT makes him) obsessed with digging up fossils, so he digs and digs on the beach until he's deep in a ditch and the water crashes in and drowns him]
2: Surrounded by Fear [song about an Only Sane Man in a world of Fossils/Fears, follow-up to "Smashed Bottle," the man just learns to make do and survive]
3: The Monochrome Paradox [about people trapped in FT-OVER THERE who see a way out and decide to stay, simply because they know how much leaving would corrupt their minds]
4: The Girl of My Dreams [about a man who doesn't want to wake up because he loves the girl FT-LOTOPHAGI shows him]
5: Apocalypse in 5/8 [cryptic song with lyrics very Hell and Earth-y, about multiple apocalypses]
6: Post-Apocalyptic [quiet instrumental, chamber piece, accompaniment to previous song]
7: Ghosts in the Fog [some passages of the song talk about a person who sees their dead loved ones in the fog (FT-HADES) and refuses to go near them; the other passages talk about someone who lives a terrible life and is approached by FT-CREMATOR who asks if they'd like to wipe their memory and begin anew, and they decide "No;" the two sections of the song are related thematically]
8: More Fossils Beneath the Earth [bookending, an omniscient narrator tells us that the man who had drowned digging for fossils was actually close to finding them, but now the water has got there first and buried them deeper, song ends with waves crashing]

DISC TWO
1: Exodus ["Rael's Exodus" serial from Rapture, epic, begins with waves crashing]
2: Secret Projects [about scientists who don't even know what they're working on, hinting at FT-DGLGMUT, epic]
3: Faces in the Mirror [FT-SHALLOTT, epic]
4: Island Alone: A Passacaglia [instrumental interlude]
5: Drowned Corrupt [epic about.. something or other, EAT and probably FT-PASSACAGLIA, ends with waves crashing]

DISC THREE
1: The Ichor Wizard [wrapping up the first two discs with a grand interlude, beginning with waves]
2: The Lab Wizard [presenting the motifs to the fourth disc]
3: The Death Wizard [presenting the motifs to the fifth disc, ending with waves]

Sound of the Forgotten Waves: Doctor and Performer EP

(DISC FOUR)
1: Lair of the Lamia [begins with crashing waves, about.. we'll figure it out xD]
2: New Life [song more about Rapture's Neonate than FT-HOMUNCULI, I'll figure it out]
3: A Passage of Time [about Our Apocalypse and Dionysus/FT-LAZARUS]
4: Ascension [interlude with clock sounds and laughter and some cryptic melody]
5: Doctor and Performer [about a clock-maker who finds, as he makes more and more of a giant clock, he's being observed by a crowd of laughter; he gives a soliloquy acknowledging that, when the clock is done, he will find he is the last piece it needs, and he will give his life up for his work]
6: Knight Birds [about birds who are approaching the end of their quest, ends with waves crashing]

Sound of the Forgotten Waves: Insomnia is Forever EP

(DISC FIVE)
1: Insomnia is Forever... [begins with crashing waves, about insomnia caused because you know, when you sleep, you'll sleep forever]
2: Living in a Dream World [someone tries to live their life normally after a traumatic event, only to find their daily life starts to become like a dream]
3: Discuss Your Future [a woman is given the chance to see her future by some Fossil, and she says yes but yet she isn't shown it; instead, if ever she wakes up in the middle of the night, she finds strange creatures gathered around her bed talking about her future and their plans for her]
4: Whispered Reverie [literally a whispered reverie, silently hummed]
5: Court [a Rapture song about The Reverie conjuring dreams of The Judge's courtroom]
6: Behind the Door [a song about desire and insanity]
7: ...But is Life? [bookend, instrumental ending with crashing waves]

Subject Six
Concept: Songs about the number six, as this is their sixth album. In keeping with the concepts of Sounds of the Forgotten Waves, the number six in Sunsetters' mythos represents Doctor Cloud's story arc.

1: Breaking Cycles [begins with crashing waves, some individual anecdotes (limericks?) about people who break out of cycles, signals the end of the crashing wave cycle]
2: Don't Hide Your Secrets [a fairly simple conventional song about FT-TINDALOS, just so there can be the inevitable "THIS WAS WHERE SUNSETTERS STARTED SUCKING" fanbase]
3: Ticking Sands [FT-HADES and FT-HOMUNCULI, two hourglasses are flipped and time is ticking away for some dude]
4: The Last Domino [playing on themes of "The Last Sunset," this is the song adaption of Rapture's "The Battle of Dominiere"]
5: And When the Sky Was Opened [you can probably figure this one out]
6: Subject Six [RubyQuest in song format, does not end in crashing waves! Ends in a reverie, though]

Balancing Knife Blades
Concept: None, just creepypasta songs like debut.

1: Death Flies Over [FT-LARKS]
2: Night Warrant [a family hiding in their basement as a loud voice knocks on their front door and says "Let us in, we have a night warrant."]
3: A Turn for the Eldritch [quiet piano melody, fades to static]
4: Trapped Under Ice [Metallica cover]
5: Degrees of Fear [song adaption of Rapture's "Topography Genera;" album title comes from this song's lyrics because the band is balancing on a very thin line between blatantly saying "WE ARE PARALLELING TOPOGRAPHY GENERA" and staying subtle]
6: Parallel Equations [some sort of scientific song, I'll figure it out later]
7: To Light a Candle [yep]
8: It Comes [five minutes of nothing but breathing (HIDDEN TRACK AT END: "One More Night," reverie)]

See Seas Rise

For their eighth and last album, Sunsetters released a three-disc album containing one song. Yes, a three-plus-hour song across three discs. It's called "See Seas Rise," and it's just.. really really long. And about EAT and shit. It'd probably tie all their greater story arcs together, have the Three Wizards and stuff. Multiple movements would be reveries, serving as interludes between the bigger movements. And the band would be performing at inhuman complexity (because they're all Camper by this point).

BEFORE THE RELEASE OF THIS ALBUM, there would be their fifth and last EP. And that EP would have the song adaption of whatever Rapture's last finale would be. I'll figure out their EPs some other time, though.

SO YES. I think that's a pretty extensive backlog of songs to choose from, and anyone can make up lyrics to any song when they like.

TO REVIEW: Albums:

1: Sunsetters
2: Summer Sucks
3: The Excavate
4: No Entry
5: Sounds of the Forgotten Waves (Smashed Bottle Men)
6: Subject Six
7: Balancing Knife Blades
8: See Seas Rise

EPs:
Five, mostly unknown
Doctor and Performer
Insomnia is Forever
one before last album

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 19 2012, 01:48 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Excellent.

6: no alliteration (I- Ontological, II- The Darkling Thrush, III- one thousand and one nightmares, IV- The Foul Rag and Bone Shop, V- brighter than a spoon, VI- Snowball in Hell) [segues into...]
7: A Realm of Emptiness

Okay, now this is reminding me of B-Movie Monsters and the fact that I'm using previous stories are the groundwork for fictional films.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Apr 1 2013, 09:40 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Click this.

This is not an April Fool's joke.

Take a look at who wrote it. This has been in talks for a while now, and this is only the beginning.

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Apr 1 2013, 10:09 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Oooooooh. I wish I read music just to see how it would sound.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Apr 1 2013, 10:27 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Bones is working on getting recording equipment so he can actually do this. He's also working on a real version of "Rise of Her Rain!" o:

Eric knows much more music theory than I do and he's entering college and that stage of his life where he really wants to experiment with music. He enjoys making music, and having a structure of lyrics and such in place for him is just what he needs, so he wants to basically provide the music to Sunsetters' entire discography.

So.
We might actually have a Fear Mythos band on our hands.

But keep this on the down-low until he has a song to show. That kinda rhymed.
But god I am so excited at this idea.

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll