Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Fossil EAT, Time to disclose some stuff.
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 12 2012, 11:33 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

So Jordan Eats Normally Now was originally gonna tell pretty much all I could about everyone's favourite (non-Cthulhu) aquatic eldritch abomination, including what it actually looked like below the surface. But after Nathan and Kit moved back to America, I kinda lost most of my drive for the story, period. As time passed, the story shifted from being an EAT!blog to being a more artsy character-driven blog.

Now that we're all working on the official sequel, Topography Genera, I want to try again at expanding upon EAT's information.

Naming

First of all, the name. As you all may know, EAT stands for Epping AquaTarkus. This is.. a horrid combination of prog references, and the only way to know what the hell it means would be to read Jordan Eats. Because of this, it is my top priority to have a better name.

I came up with a list of contenders:

- Evolution Aquatic Termina(l)

- The Pond Epper/The Great Epper

- The Camper (this would be a switch to full-on hive mind, the whole creature being called "The Camper")

- Aquatarkus

- Ender of All Time/Ending to All Time

- Evolution's Angry Twin

- My favourite, Evolutionary Adverse Trigger.

It is my plan to use multiple of these, actually. Jane and I both came up with the idea that its only really canonical names would be "EAT," "The Camper," and occasionally "Salmacis." But what "EAT" stands for depends on the story. This also offers ambiguity as to EAT's true nature, since no one really knows what its name even stands for. But I want the Genera to call it "The Evolutionary Adverse Trigger," and some more witty person to call it "Evolution's Angry Twin," which I am seriously very proud of. xD

The Camper Velourium

Now, The Camper's ten stages were ambiguously represented in Jordan Eats, and they will be better represented in Topography Genera. But I want The Camper to move past stage ten. It did this in Rapture, and I want it to do this here as well.

..first of all, we need to properly figure out what a fully-realized Camper can do. That is, once it hits stage ten. A full Camper, being a part of the hive mind, would often act exactly the same as a regular human being; EAT wants us to trust it.

I'm putting this out there right now: Harold Demure is a Camper. Some of the higher-ups are Camper. EAT has learned so well since Jordan Eats; it can disguise itself uncannily well. I want the reader to constantly wonder "Is he a Camper? Is she a Camper?"

Topography Genera Center North

I will be making the North branch's blog. It will serve a similar purpose to The Topography of Thought, being a companion blog operated by a Camper. But I'll make it way creepier, of course. It'll take inspiration from Portal, and probably from RubyQuest if I can play my cards right.

alliterator, it would be amazing if your voice could help me with this blog. I will discuss what I mean on a later date.

EAT's appearance

..actually, about halfway through Jordan Eats, I had figured out that, realistically speaking, EAT would literally just be the ink-water. The tentacles seen would just be of tentacled creates EAT has infected; Camper can move on infinite dimensions, thus giving the illusion of teleportation, so the tentacles would do the same.

But I also really, really want EAT to be something beyond. You wanna know why I'd rather give EAT an appearance instead of leaving it up to the imagination? Exhibit A, WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS THIS THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST AND MOST TERRIFYING THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN, and Exhibit C. I came upon these images while trying to find out what a goddamn Dream Theater song was about. That's just Nyarlathotep. I really want to read Lovecraft now. BUT THE POINT IS, I want.. I want that in my stories. oWe I want that kind of horror, that kind of nightmare.

So how about we compromise? How about we come up with a full appearance for EAT, but we only reveal part of it in Genera?

Obsession

Finally, I want to shift the focus off of prog.

Yeah, I just said that. Me. I'll wait for you to stop fainting.

EAT and prog can work, but I'd need to make it far more subtle. The only story-wise reason EAT was interested in prog in Jordan Eats was because it was focusing on two prog-obsessed protagonists: Sam and Jordan.

We need to come up with creepypasta and Genera-reports of victims obsessing over different things and EAT playing upon these obsessions. We need to stress the terror of drowning in your obsessions. We need to show people what it means, why I was terrified enough of this to make EAT the embodiment of it.

Any questions? Comments?

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jan 13 2012, 02:05 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Okay, I just got back from work. Time to dig in.

As usual, I love all these ideas. The idea that people are compelled to name it EAT, no matter what it stands for, is an interesting one. And I love playing around with acronyms, so count me in.

The one I thought of, actually, would be a recursive acronym. What does EAT stand for? EAT in All Things. And what does that EAT stand for? EAT in All Things.

But yeah, you could have a lot of fun with that.

As for it's appearance - yeesh, Nyarlathotep looks gross. And awesome. But yeah, we don't want to show it's appearance at all, but we want to hint at what it may (or may not) look like. I got an idea for that: either Liquid Len or Doctor Cloud will receive in the mail a notebook detailing a person's descent into obsession - they keep drinking Ichor, so they keep obsessing, but they never reach the point of going to a body of water, so their obsession just deepens. And they start to dream about EAT - and they draw EAT from their dreams. But not just one drawing, but multiple ones, each one different from the last.

Ooh, the whole notebook could itself have water damage, showing that the writer eventually succumbed to EAT.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 13 2012, 02:39 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Recursive acronym, great idea, love it.

Personally, I.. goddamn, notebook full of EAT, that is yes. How in the world are we such great idea people? There is so much we can do with this stuff, man.

..oh, and by the way, if by any chance you're good at poetry, I'm considering writing Sunsetters lyrics and having them form new Arc Words, much like "Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends" and "No one runs faster than you eat" except.. well, original. So if you want to help with that, we can pretty much make Fear creepypasta but in poetry format. I did say all of Sunsetters' songs are set in a mythos, after all.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jan 13 2012, 02:46 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

I am...okay with poetry. Some of my poems are good, some are kind of crappy. But let me brainstorm them and I'll try.

Oh and I'd be happy to do voice work for the General Center North Camper.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jan 13 2012, 02:58 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Awesome, and awesome. I literally said "FUCK YEAH" and fistpumped at that last bit.

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Oct 8 2012, 08:55 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

A DREARY PRE-DETERMINED IDEA BROUGHT BY OUR FELLOW
NIIIIGHT OWWWLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS

*ahem*

Night Owls

How the Night Owls will be conveyed in Topography Genera. At least for now, there will only be one Night Owl seen at a time, and they will refer to themselves as "The Night Owl." This is EAT at her most genre-savvy: This is a subversion of the Camper introduction process in Jordan Eats, where Jordan suspects the Camper are actually nothing more than a cult. Liquid Len (and the readers) will think the Night Owl is one person, and then he will suspect it is multiple people, or he might suspect it is a shapeshifting Fossil of some sort that appears as different people. But it will only appear as one person at a time for now, I stress this. This is why, in the video introducing the 'Night Owl,' he sounds like Bane. This is just one example of a voice. You might also have noticed that, hidden underneath the Bane-voice, there's a quiet second voice saying something too. This was intentional, a sort of subtle red herring.

We will set up a sort of mystery of "Who is the Night Owl?" Followed by a revision of the mystery, "What is the Night Owl?" We will keep EAT as a sort of "X factor," paralleling the Salmacis-Rael allegiance in Rapture. The Night Owls will admit to Liquid Len that EAT is not a hoax, but they will not reveal that they are EAT. They will make him think that the Night Owl wants to combat EAT, all while holding Len back and keeping him from finding out too much.

(Also, now that I have friends and they love Marble Hornets, I intend on figuring out a video camera and having them help make videos for this. >w>)

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll