Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

New Face for Genera
Madinrei
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:11 AM

Savior of Words

Group: Conspirator (II)
Member No.: 153

So, was told by DJay to make a thread here because I've been told that my character for Every Tale is True might be joining up with the Genera verse.

She's going to go on a small hiatus until things are figured out. But therein comes the problem: I need to get things figured out. XD I have a very general idea of where Genera is going and I've begun reading up on as much as can, so hopefully I'll be able to seem intelligent as I plan with you all.

My own contributions to the Fearverse:
Every Tale is True
The DL-4533 Incident
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:32 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Hello, Madinrei. Hello, test subject. It is time. You will proceed down the designated hall, we will be waiting for you, you will proceed. Every move is recorded. Every breath is remembered. You will proceed!

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
Madinrei
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:35 AM

Savior of Words

*proceeds to walk down hallway* I only have one question.

...will there be cake

Every Tale is True
The DL-4533 Incident
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:39 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Cake and grief counseling, yes.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
Madinrei
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:43 AM

Savior of Words

Oh goody! Then I am perfectly content to skip merrily down this hallway.

Every Tale is True
The DL-4533 Incident
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:45 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

alliterator, you cracked me up. I don't think she's read Testing in Progress yet/ xD

So first, let's post this interview here for reference and convenience.

Kendra: (Currently has out notebook and writes down fucking EVERYTHING) Alright, so what did the two of you want to ask me?
Perdition: We understand you’ve had encounters with the Birchman and-- pardon, the slender man and, uh..
Dodo: The Black Dog is the colloquial term for Tindalos.
Perdition: Black Dog, right. Have you experienced any peculiar effects to your life after having these encounters? Could you describe to us any details about what happened?
Kendra: Well, the effects aren’t exactly peculiar. Everyone else I know who’s encountered Fears tends to act the same way. Paranoia is a major one. I’ve found myself scanning rooms before I enter them, looking everywhere when I go out for signs of the unusual...though perhaps you might accredit that to my desire to know everything going on around me. As for details of what happened...the blog tells pretty much everything, and I’m assuming since you’re here you’ve read it. Did you want specific details on any one encounter?
Dodo: Well, after having read your blog, we’re curious about your interaction with the Birch-- ..slender man. (under breath) Damn Fossil names.
Perdition: They get me every time too.
Dodo: From what we’ve gathered, most firsthand accounts of interactions with the... slender man... well, they don’t go quite the way yours did, I imagine you’re well aware. *chuckle* So we were wondering if perhaps your life has had any notable occurrences that might explain this oddity?
Kendra: Let me begin by saying you can use your facility names for the Fears. I pick up quickly. *gives a small smile* So, Birchman, was it? I honestly can’t think of any notable occurrences, but considering Birchman’s powers, it’s not a far cry to assume something may have happened in the past that I’m not aware of. As irksome as that may be. But if you want me to be completely honest with you, I think it’s more due to the intervention of...Tindalos? Yes. More due to Tindalos’ intervention that the Birchman acted as he did. After all, I’ve never found an account of Tindalos actually defending anyone before.
Dodo: Yes, that was my next question.
Perdition: Hang on, don’t we have some accounts of Tindalos defending--
Dodo: *clears throat* Most information on Fossil interaction tends to be classified, Perdition.
Perdition: Ah, yes. Sorry.
Dodo: Well, let me allow you some special clearance just because you’re such a special case: I’ve brought, with me, some classified documents from our bigwigs up in Fossil Research.
[Dodo pulls out some manilla envelopes, and then condescendingly stares at Perdition]
Perdition: ...you want me to step out of the restaurant?
Dodo: It’s classified information.
Perdition: Alright...
[Perdition leaves]
Dodo: So, *opens envelope, lays papers on the table* what we’ve got on FOSSIL-TYPE TINDALOS is that it’s a creature that commonly manifests as some sort of hound-like figure. Its eyes have a notable property that evoke a fear reaction in human subjects, and we have reports of this thing throughout all recorded human history. See, there’s a sort of a rumor spreading around the runner community that this “Black Dog” only goes after people hiding secrets, or that it always has to attack people if not after secrets. But the truth is, our studies show a lot of different motives for the majority of Tindalos encounters. It might, in some cases, be hostile to its subjects or hounding them for secrets-- pun not intended-- but we also have some reports of it ominously leaving a mark on subjects, the mark itself varying from report to report, essentially claiming them as territory for later plans. Then some reports still simply leave Tindalos as nothing more than an omen. So tell me, Miss Walker, have you noticed any marks on your body ever since encountering Tindalos?
Kendra: *pauses for a moment, a small grimace coming to her face* Extraordinarily amusing that you would ask that, considering this only came up today. *she grabs a napkin from the table, wets it in her drink, and wipes off some covering makeup from beneath her eye, revealing a small black mark that looks almost like a tear* It’s only on one side. It appeared this morning.
[Dodo leans over the table or however it is they were seated, observes mark]
Dodo: Hrm. It does seem very much suggestive of the theory. But bare in mind, marks can suggest any number of Fossils, and there’s always the chance there’s some new phenomenon we haven’t discovered yet. There’s no telling for certain what this might mean, but if this is the work of Tindalos, you... well, it might be in your best interests to keep in touch with us.
[Dodo shifts his eyes, looking for any eavesdroppers, then he leans closer and lowers his voice]
Dodo: This is most certainly classified, but our researchers recently published an experiment wherein they claim to have found a conclusive “cure” for precisely this Fossil. It’s classified simply because it still needs extensive testing; if we make it public now, there’s still the chance we’ll have wave upon wave of deaths to blame ourselves for. But if you’d be interested, I could see about giving you access to the document in question.
Kendra: *she gets a very interested look in her eyes* Knowledge of any kind always appeals to me, as you’d know. Tindalos hasn’t necessarily been violent towards me, but for the unknown future access to such knowledge might help keep me safe. So the short answer is yes, I’m interested.
Dodo: Right. I’ll put a good word in with my superiors, then. Do you have any questions for us, while I’m here?
Kendra: Of course I do. Thankfully, you’ve already answered quite a few, whether you realize or not. And since I will obviously be keeping in touch, I won’t press about some of the more classified material at the moment. But I do have one important question. I’m not complete up to date with your organization. In fact, until yesterday I probably had the bare minimum of knowledge about it. So I just want to clarify...is your organization a neutral force? Or does it have a specific goal in mind? Or is that, perhaps, classified? *she takes on an amused tone* You see, I realize that you desired some information on the event happening around me, but I couldn’t help but wonder if there was an ulterior motive for you seeking me out.
[Dodo grins]
Dodo: An always-challenging mind. Such a sight to see, though I’d keep it down if I were you. People who’ve asked less questions than you have been killed for it. But I’ll enlighten you. The Topography Genera Center is a privately-funded organization stationed in four separate countries. It was founded in 1997, from what I understand, with the sole intent of researching the odd manifestations it dubbed “Fossils.” At the time, it was a very much unknown facility; I highly doubt very many people knew about the Fossils as far back as the late nineties. They were probably seen more akin to ufologists. As time passed, there came to be a few notable instances of Fossils in larger... media. At the risk of giving too much away, there was a certain incident with a Fossil named Hades and.. the president of Uganda. It was kept fairly under wraps at the time, but as you can imagine, it got our name to circulate. We’ve become a fairly large organization; our British branch recently received a government grant, even. But all the time we’ve been around, the Genera’s primary goal has been to research and experiment with the eldritch, and from time to time we’ll do what we can to show our findings to those in need. Such as yourself.
Kendra: I see. *she nods and scribbles down a few quick notes* One more question, if you don’t mind. Not related to the Genera, more related to Tindalos. You see, perhaps I haven’t looked deep enough, but I’ve noticed that quite a few of the...Fossils, that’s what you called them? But quite a few of the Fossils use humans as their ‘pawns’, as I’ve heard them called. And then there’s quite a few who don’t use humans. Do you know if there’s any specific reason for this? Though that would probably be classified too, wouldn’t it? *she thinks for a moment* I suppose what I really want to know is if Tindalos has ever used humans for anything other than prey.
Dodo: Now, a couple of your points reminded me of some things, but in answer to your question, that’s... highly classified. Of course, you no doubt will find that to answer your question, itself. I’ll get fired for this, just watch, but yes. There have been, but I cannot disclose their specifics. Now, as for the possible reason for Fossils using humans as “pawns,” as you’ve said, I can offer a little insight into that. Worth noting, first, that it’s very difficult to say for sure what a Fossil’s motives might be, so this is more.. philosophy than anything else. But there is a popular theory going around, you’ve no doubt heard of it, regarding the Fossils viewing us as some sort of game. Well, in the Genera, we have a popular theory that that theory is full of shit. ...I apologize for the vulgarity. You see, after surrounding ourselves with the effects of the eldritch, with reports day in and day out, with as much information as we can attain regarding these things, we’d be dumbfounded if it turned out it was all just a grand game to them. They seem, on average, to put a lot more solemnity behind their actions. Of course, having said that, there are some Fossils that act as if it’s all a game, but that’s a laughably small portion. The rest of them, if I had to wager a guess, view us either as a war or as a performance. Humans, to them, are soldiers. Or actors. The Fossils that are at war are the ones who tend to use their “pawns” for hostile means, and the Fossils that are in it for the art of it all seem to want power in arguably more disturbing means. To cite an example, there’s a Fossil named Selkie. She wants power and nothing but, she wants control, but she doesn’t necessarily want to kill. Nor does she want to play. From her actions, she certainly takes her work seriously. So she makes humans into puppets and organizes them into cultures of their own, she develops mythologies for these cultures and-- well, from time to time, there will be wars, but on average she remains fairly neutral compared to the other Fossils-- really, she seems to take us to be her life. To her, this “grand game” is her life, eldritch as it may be. She just wants to create her own world where her goals can be scrutinized. But this is bordering on sheer conjecture on my part. Hopefully, I’ve answered a question or two.
[Dodo looks blankly out the window, no longer looking at Kendra]
Kendra: *instinctively looks out the window as well, but cannot find anything of interest off the bat, so turns back to Dodo* You’ve answered many questions, yes. I...truly appreciate the answers you have given me. I might perhaps be putting a few things together on my part. I shall make sure to keep in touch with your organization.
Dodo: Yes.
[Perdition comes back in and sits down]
Perdition: Classified stuff out of the way? ..Dodo, you okay?
Dodo: I think it’s time for us to be going.
Perdition: Uh.. okay.
Kendra: *nods as Perdition comes back in, and as soon as Dodo states they are leaving, she speaks to Perdition in a calm, almost blank tone* Can I have your number?
Perdition: Sure!
[he writes it down in Kendra’s notebook]
Kendra: Just so I can keep in touch with the both of you. *she hands the notebook to Dodo as well, so she can get his number* I’d rather not have to try and look up how to contact a secret organization.
Dodo: I think it’d be best if you didn’t have my number.
Perdition: Whoa, passing up the chance to give a lady his number, this is new.
Dodo: I just.. really don’t think it’d be best. We need to get going.
Kendra: *she raises an eyebrow at Dodo, but takes back the notebook and stands* Well, it was a pleasure. *she holds out her hand to Dodo*
[Dodo shakes her hand]
Dodo: Yes. A pleasure.
And then they all skipped off merrily into the sunset :D

AND WE WILL PROBABLY HAVE THIS FULLY VOICE-ACTED

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
Madinrei
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:50 AM

Savior of Words

I'm apparently fond of skipping merrily. O_o I forgot I had that at the end.

Every Tale is True
The DL-4533 Incident
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:56 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Ooh, nice.

Now I'm super curious about what happened with Dodo at the end and why he changed. EAT infection? Something he saw? Interesting.

And I love the description of the Fossils "game" as either "war" or "art.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
Madinrei
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 01:58 AM

Savior of Words

DJay, do you want to break the news about poor Dodo? XD

And it was such a pleasure working with you on the interview, seriously. .w. I'm really excited to be a part of Genera.

(alliterator I apologize in advance if I'm annoyingly excited about this whole thing.)

Every Tale is True
The DL-4533 Incident
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 02:00 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

(alliterator I apologize in advance if I'm annoyingly excited about this whole thing.)

No need to apologize, we all get annoyingly excited sometimes. It's a fun feeling.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
Madinrei
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 02:01 AM

Savior of Words

It very much is! And the two of your are both such excellent writers, it's honestly an honor to be included.

Every Tale is True
The DL-4533 Incident
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 02:01 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

For reference, Kendra's parts were, of course, written by Madinrei, and Dodo's and Perdition's were written by me. Perdition is a part of Archie's cult, as alliterator, I might have mentioned that I had this idea that the West branch would have an Archie cult in there. And Dodo acted weird because he realized he had nothing to live for, he realized Archie would kill him for talking freely like that and for giving away such information, so he just.. snapped, in a sense.

And yes, that is why I called him "Dodo." That, and the Genesis song.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 02:06 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Ah. And now I get why he's called "Perdition," too.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
Madinrei
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 02:09 AM

Savior of Words

Hurray for references! :D

So my question is, what are Kendra's future plans with Genera? Is there a specific idea DJay had or we going to start just throwing ideas around? Kendra for the most part is pretty open to anything at the moment.

Every Tale is True
The DL-4533 Incident
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Jul 24 2012, 02:12 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

I'm not sure what DJay had in mind, but did you have a specific story-arc you were planning for Every Tale is True? If so, you can probably continue it and incorporate it into the Topography Genera story lines. (We actually have the "main" plot and then a few side plots that are spread out over separate blogs.)

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll