Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The LGBT Thread
MythosWeaver
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 08:37 AM

Fighter

Group: Members
Member No.: 180

I always wanted to make this thread, but idk maybe felt like it wouldn't be appropriate or something. I know at least a handful of fear mythos members are LGBT. Idk, maybe I was just paranoid in offending someone, I can be silly sometimes.

At any rate, as people may or may not know I'm a polyamorous biromantic lesbian.

Just idk, go talk about all lgbt related things and such, from fun moments, to good news in the world to bad moments.

PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 04:09 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

What does LGBT mean?

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 04:36 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Acelegin @ Apr 29 2014, 11:09 AM)
What does LGBT mean?

Acronym for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender, often expanded out with various other letters for various other sexual/gender identity minorities. I thought the acronym was pretty wide spread but maybe it's mainly an American thing.

And I see no issue with the thread topic.
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 04:47 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Member No.: 132

I am American, this is just my first time seeing the acronym

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Pandora
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 07:24 PM

23rd Doctor

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 141

oh boy.
Anyway, personally I'm a genderfluid polyamorous panromantic(?) asexual. I put the ? behind panromantic because I'm...not, really sure. I'm either panromantic of lithromantic or greylithromantic *shrug*

I know polyamory isn't part of the LGBT community (at least I think it isn't) but you mentioned your own amoric stance so thought I'd do the same.

been kind of aimlessly wandering around in confusion throught rainbowland since like age 13 and as gathered above still unsure of things.

At any rate, I approve of this thread.

PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 10:24 PM

Has a really nice vest.

Member No.: 363

At the risk of sounding stupid, what does. "Amoric" mean?

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 10:36 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Apr 29 2014, 05:24 PM)
At the risk of sounding stupid, what does. "Amoric" mean?

Amusingly enough google tells me that amoric is actually a word meaning "without particles" but I assume Pandora was conjugating the word amorous.

am·o·rous adjective \ˈa-mə-rəs, ˈam-rəs\
: having or showing strong feelings of sexual attraction or love

Full Definition of AMOROUS

:  strongly moved by love and especially sexual love <amorous couples>
:  being in love :  enamored —usually used with of <amorous of the girl>
a :  indicative of love <received amorous glances from her partner>
b :  of or relating to love <an amorous novel>

I'm not sure if the word amoric is in widespread use in the poly and/or asexual communities but if it is it doesn't seem to have filtered into common parlance yet.
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 02:56 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

The suffix -amory basically means "love" or "loving relationship." So polyamory is the practice of having more than one intimate relationship (this is different from polygamy or polyandry, which indicate marriage and not just relationships).

The suffic -romantic, on the other hand, refers the ability to find someone attractive (in terms of sexual attraction, this is referred to as sexual orientation, but it can also be applied to emotional attraction). So aromantics lack attraction to anyone, while panromantics can find anyone attractive (not that they will, but they can).

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
Mr Heuristic
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 04:22 AM

The Red Knight in Prada

Member No.: 217

Cis, homosexual, homoromantic male here.

Looooot of queer folks on these here forums. Just ask around.
PM
Pandora
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 07:15 AM

23rd Doctor

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 141

so we are basically a cult of rainbow horror enthusiasts ?

PM
SherlockMorel
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 12:52 PM

Mysterysolving Mushroom

Member No.: 232

yes, exactly.

Anyway...always really complicated. Alright, let's start at the beginning...get some popcorn this is gonna take a while.

So I was always kind of sheltered to the existance of other sexualities. This was due to my dad being a giant homophobe. Eventually I got online and learned of them and gained friends who were LGBT. Eventually I began to think I was transgender(which after countless of gender therapy sessions turned out to be well not true). I had never really thought of women as sexual beings before until I started dating Pandora and we had talks about our feelings and such. Eventually things sort of spiralled until I realized that well...women can be hot as hell. But the thing is, while it sounds like I'm bisexual, I'm not sure if I can say that because while I've dated men before I never felt comfort in it. All my relationships with men have been abusive, with either me being the victim or the *sigh* abuser.

Again that may sound bad but I, really for like a year had no control of my actions due to a brain tumor that, safe to say ruined my life for a while until it was removed in August 2013.

That is not to say that I haven't had bad relationships with women either. But the combination of my physically abusive ex-boyfriend and my sociopathic father it has developed into a fear of men.

Before I would've said that I was more a biromantic lesbian rather then anything else. But recently I'd say I'm more of a polyromantic lesbian, preferring non-binary people and women to men and don't really have attractions to men in that way anymore.

So yeah, I'm a cisgender polyromantic lesbian. I'm not polyamorous but I am currently with someone who is and I have nothing against polyamory peeps.

This is a signature ~!!
PM
WereMagi | ThatDeanCarter
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 01:36 PM

Do not look for this one

Member No.: 169

Curious as I am, I'm straight.

Just posting as I have a number of awesome friends that are mostly gay or bi, the trans friends generally phaze out of contact with me...

But yeah, not against it, it's good that we have such a variety of people, many more stories they can share with us.

~WereMagi
Gamer, Writer, Thinker, Coffee Drinker.
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 03:23 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

Also, in case anyone enters this thread and doesn't know: "cisgender" refers to someone who identifies with the gender they were assigned at birth, "transgender" is someone who's identity is different from what they were assigned, and "genderfluid" is someone who identifies as other than just male or female.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 05:51 PM

Favored Servant
Group Icon

PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 2 2014, 09:36 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

Might also be of interest to the thread - some people also conform to non-binary (male or female) gender identities. Sometimes the word "genderqueer" is used for them, amongst other terms. Generally it's a good idea to ask what identifier or pronouns someone wants you to use, but if at all in doubt, I tend to use either the person's name, or they/their/they're/them.

I long ago gave up on picking a label for my sexuality, because it's basically a big question mark when it comes to whom I'm attracted to anyway. Usually I joke that my sexuality is "spaghetti" because of this, but if anyone asks, I usually just identify as "queer panromantic" since I haven't really decided on a specific label yet. And really, do you need to pick a label if you don't want to? Labels are for soup cans. :P

I don't see why anyone here would have an issue with this thread, we're a pretty open-minded community here. :)

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll