Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The LGBT Thread
Pandora
 Posted: May 3 2014, 02:25 PM

23rd Doctor

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 141

Hmm, while labels are for soup cans. I find comfort knowing I belong somewhere.

The asexual community while it can be dumb like all communities has some great people and I've made lots of cool friends ouo

Also, considering I spent most of my teenage years feeling like a freak due to my lack of sexual attraction to people...having had somebody say "hey, you're asexual" would've been great.

PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 3 2014, 06:18 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

Nah, I understand where you're coming from, Pandora.

On that note and at the risk of possibly offending someone, how does everyone else feel about people who tend to use their identifiers to bully others, either straight, non-straight, cisgiender, trasngender, or otherwise? I'm obviously talking sites like Tumblr here, but I've seen more than my fair share of people out there in this movement who seem to think that being LGBTQA+ automatically disqualifies them from being bigots. It seems like there's certainly a lot of excuse-making, too, for those who are so frustrated at being discriminated against that they turn right around and attack the other side with just as much prejudice. Does anyone else feel this is causing a bigger underlying issue or possibly even a setback in the movement towards equality for this group, or is it just me?

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
Pandora
 Posted: May 3 2014, 07:42 PM

23rd Doctor

Group: Conspirator
Member No.: 141

This problem actually isn't just in terms of LGBT community. I've also seen it with women, atheists and non-white people. But yeah it's an issue.

Has anyone seen Dofus? It's set in the same verse as Wakfu.
It probably has the cutest lesbian couple ever and it never even really mentions it or makes a big deal about it.

Which I find pretty cool of a kids show.

Look at these two cuties *-*

(IMG:http://24.media.tumblr.com/8c640fc4195233d9d3708d6436be4e16/tumblr_n0gkpuK61X1recj25o1_400.gif)
(IMG:http://37.media.tumblr.com/fbdaf1fcb73b1b79d23815ef7fe74e2b/tumblr_mx3izhR0Sw1recj25o1_1280.png)
(IMG:http://37.media.tumblr.com/ba3d6b8f9c5c1f97d3fecca2a59eed62/tumblr_mzr67pdBeh1r5h6kdo1_400.gif)
(IMG:http://24.media.tumblr.com/695d481f0f6c253e17bc421bb915431c/tumblr_mugz2cCpXU1recj25o1_500.gif)
(IMG:http://24.media.tumblr.com/42212796447d5db8497e4a4889081e3f/tumblr_mugz2cCpXU1recj25o2_500.gif)

PM
WereMagi | ThatDeanCarter
 Posted: May 3 2014, 11:15 PM

Do not look for this one

Member No.: 169

Today on The Idiots of Tumblr: Social Justice Warriors claim Nintendo is a bunch of cisgendered white homophobes because it's 2014 and they STILL don't let you put two Pokemon of the same gender in the Day Care and get an egg from it.

This is the kind of thing you were on about, Dark?

~WereMagi
Gamer, Writer, Thinker, Coffee Drinker.
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: May 4 2014, 09:23 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

QUOTE (WereMagi @ May 3 2014, 03:15 PM)

This is the kind of thing you were on about, Dark?

maybe Nintendo will apease this ranom intetmrnet dude by allowing same sex pokemon to adopt seperate poke eggs.

But seriously, I support everyone and everything, but sometimes the debates get pretty extreme on.either side

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
 Posted: May 4 2014, 10:00 AM

Do not look for this one

Okay, amusement time.

How did you find out about your current... I always feel that saying sexuality is limiting, but let's go with it.

How did you find out what you were?

For funnies: click this link!

~WereMagi
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 4 2014, 09:27 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

*sighs in relief* Oh thank God, I'm glad people are more open-minded around here. I'm so half-traumatized from Tumblr antics that I'm almost afraid to discuss the serious implications of bigotry towards others in minority communities. :c

On what Magi just posted, I've never really known. For the longest time I did identify as straight because I didn't really think there was anything else. I knew I wasn't strictly a lesbian, but I wasn't exactly bisexual either, because I leaned towards guys more. But then again, I'd never much formed crushes on anyone, either, so for a while I thought I was asexual, but that didn't seem to fit me either, because I do find people sexually attractive. I guess I kind of just gave up around the time I joined Tumblr (and left the same year) because all these labels confused the shit out of me. Demisexual, polysexual, pansexual... what? I literally gave up on trying to fit any one of those labels (which didn't fit me either) and decided it would be better to just not give a fuck, and date/do whomever the hell I wanted to. I did eventually settle on the label "panromantic" since I honestly could see myself falling in love with or being attracted to anyone of any gender identity romantically, even if I don't fall hardcore in love with them. To be honest I still am figuring myself out, which is why I usually use the term "queer" if anyone asks. But, most people I know don't usually ask, so. *shrugs*

That all just proves my point, however, that I think the idea of there being a romantic spectrum as well as an asexual spectrum, a gay-straight spectrum, etc. should be applied to everyone who chooses to use it. After all, just because someone's sexually attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean they'll always fall in love with someone of the opposite sex. Think like Kinsey and his studies - his studies found that most people aren't specifically "fully gay" or "fully straight", but somewhere in between, with most people actually leaning one way or the other and identifying based on that. Then again that study was done a few decades back, and it's possible people might answer differently now if polled in a similar fashion...

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
SherlockMorel
 Posted: May 11 2014, 04:48 PM

Mysterysolving Mushroom

Member No.: 232

(IMG:http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/129/3/9/39bf8c6ce4b7ebef56939783ab629e23-d4z2m2c.jpg)

I've had this exact conversation and situation so many times. Me being the brunette!

I'm a dork.

This is a signature ~!!
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: May 18 2014, 10:09 PM

Has a really nice vest.

Member No.: 363

QUOTE (WereMagi @ May 4 2014, 03:00 AM)
Okay, amusement time.

How did you find out about your current... I always feel that saying sexuality is limiting, but let's go with it.

How did you find out what you were?

Uhhm, IDK really. One day I realised that I was also somewhat attracted to guys I think....

Something like that.

Also, I'm bisexual, psychoromantic (as in, falling in love with ones mind/personality. Not sure if theres a term for that, but if not, I just made one.)

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
RedRockingHood
 Posted: May 19 2014, 03:37 PM

White Knight Wearing Red
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (theJOKER @ May 18 2014, 06:09 PM)

Also, I'm bisexual, psychoromantic (as in, falling in love with ones mind/personality. Not sure if theres a term for that, but if not, I just made one.)

Possibly demiromantic, is the term you want. It's defined by a connection with someone before you can start feeling any kind of romantic attraction. I think it'd fall under that umbrella.

Incomplete/ongoing projects:
All There Is To Life - the mundane musings of a housewife (collab with GraciousVictory).
Darker Side of Sympathy; it's almost like understanding.
The World is Crazy... We're not the crazy ones (multiple author collab).

Completed projects:
City of Sinopia - join the Scarlet-Marked.
No Cowards - stand and be brave.
Over the River, and through the woods.
Residency; mind over matter.
This Could Be Heaven or this could be hell.
Within the Game Master's Universe: Blair H, Alice Baxendale, and Marcus Finn.

Other Mythos-related projects (non-blogs):
Be Careful. You only get three.
Virtually Reality. Would you like to quit the game?
Virtually Reality 2: New Game Plus. Would you like to continue the game? (Collab with GraciousVictory.)
Creepypasta: 'The Cage', "The Suicide Note of an Anonymous Mother', and 'The Shrouded One'.
PM
Mariette
 Posted: May 19 2014, 05:03 PM

Innocent

Member No.: 381

I didn't really figure out my sexuality and romantic orientation until a little over a year ago. But in hindsight it was pretty obvious, if I had known the proper terminology.

I'm asexual. I've never experienced sexual attraction. In the rare times I've been attracted to someone, I was more interested in speaking with them for lengths of time about things that interested us, perhaps cuddling on a couch and etc. it never occurred to me that not everyone prioritized in the same way. Until a coworker asked if the guy I liked had a "big cock" and I realized I had never even thought about sex with anyone and myself.

And since personally I don't believe in the gender binary, and have had cases of romantic attraction to all genders, I consider myself panromantic. But to my mom who doesn't understand "pan-" orientations, I tell her I'm bi-romantic or "whatever"-romantic.

That's my personal self realization story I suppose.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 20 2014, 03:04 AM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

My whole immediate family, save my little brother and my grandmother, is LGBT. My father was trans MTF, unfortunately she was brainwashed out of it through religious counseling and struggled with it all her life, ended up becoming an abusive alcoholic. My mother's a Lesbian, my stepmom's her partner, and my little sister is Bi. As for uncles, aunts, etc. I don't know.

I've been talking a lot with my mom concerning my own orientation, mostly because to be honest, I just find people attractive. She suggested I might be pansexual, to be honest I think that seems like a good fit.

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
 Posted: May 20 2014, 05:30 AM

Do not look for this one

QUOTE (DarkShadows @ May 20 2014, 01:04 PM)
I just find people attractive

BUT PEOPLE DO THINGS LIKE GO OUTSIDE! D:

~WereMagi
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: May 20 2014, 02:59 PM

Has a really nice vest.

Member No.: 363

QUOTE (RedRockingHood @ May 19 2014, 08:37 AM)

Possibly demiromantic, is the term you want. It's defined by a connection with someone before you can start feeling any kind of romantic attraction. I think it'd fall under that umbrella.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks~

EDIT:
found this.
sapiosexual
One who finds intelligence the most sexually attractive feature.
"I want an incisive, inquisitive, insightful, irreverent mind. I want someone for whom philosophical discussion is foreplay. I want someone who sometimes makes me go ouch due to their wit and evil sense of humor. I want someone that I can reach out and touch randomly. I want someone I can cuddle with.

I decided all that means that I am sapiosexual."

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
Moomin
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 09:50 AM

Awakened

Member No.: 351

Something I've been very much hiding from people, even those closest to me and actively even trying to deny is the fact that I'm a trans girl.

For some reason I've repressed and denied it for years because I just didn't want to deal with change.

I don't like change.

I don't like giving up a semi-comfortable life (minus dysphoria) for a life of what seems to be a very hard time of transitioning and mockery in society.

I went to a gender therapist a few months back who confirmed it and prescribed me HRT.

I gotta be honest, I'm really nervous but I guess its better than living in this male body for the rest of my life.

Fearblogs
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll