Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Kyoki Manto, A Cthulhu Mythos Story
Acelegin
 Posted: May 22 2013, 01:07 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

As some of you know from skype, I'm in the planning stages of a Cthulhu Mythos blog. It's not ready yet, but some of the artwork is. Allow me to introduce our protagonist, Alan Peredur!

picture

Alan is an American, with a mix of different European stuff. As his name may suggest, he is part Celtic. He is a powerful dark sorcerer in possession of the world's most versatile Shoggoth. He has a heroic streak and a habit of blaming himself for things that aren't actually his fault. He can easily memorize things, but suffers random vertigo attacks as a side effect. He is knowledgeable of magic, thanks to a notebook he conveniently picked up one day. It contains a great deal of spells, and information on the Old One's. He has had history with a few of the Old One's, namely Shub-Niggurath, Ithaqua, Dygra, and Cthugha.

Also, I'm sure you've noticed the elephant in the room. And by "elephant" I mean "Nightgaunt", and by "Room", I mean "picture". I just felt like adding that to the background.

picture

This is Alan's Shoggoth, Akro Tirio, which is based on what google tells me is the Greek word for cape. Akro is able to shift his form into a cloak, as well as four different weapons. Shub-Niggurath herself claims that he is the most versatile Shoggoth in the entire world. Akro has been with Alan for 10 months, and has so far shown no signs of rebellion. His functions are to serve as Alan's garb, weapon, and friend. The two of them share a close bond, which sets Alan apart from other Sorcerers, who generally look down on Shoggoths. Akro is not allowed to let Alan's kill himself, and will immediately interfere with any suicide attempts.

picture

And here we get a look at Akro in his cloak form, being worn by Alan. As you can see, Akro's head flattens to form a hood, his shorter tentacles wrap around Alan's neck to secure himself in place, and his wings and other tentacles merge to form the cape.

Alan also wears his hero mask, and his steel knuckles, which are all spray painted black. His shirt is also tucked in, revealing a belt buckle with a badly drawn symbol of Shub-Niggerath. Also, I'm sure you've noticed the heart with the eye on it that Alan wears on his shirt and coat. That's his own personal insignia. Because he wears his heart on his sleeve, and his eye on his heart #lamejokeislame.

picture

Now this is a partial cloak transformation. Akro uses this form to carry Alan around, so that they can fucking fly. Also, the Shub-Niggurath symbol is better, but I accidentally made the belt buckle too big.

picture

And here we have Alan from behind, carrying Akro in his hammer form. Akro's hammer form varies in size, but it can grow to at least twice this size. However, it's difficult for Alan to wield, so they don't use it too much. Also, there is totally a Shubb-Niggerath symbol on Alan' right shoulder blade.

picture

And here we have Akro's gun form, which I am dissatisfied with. If you guys can get me a better gun design, I'd appreciate it. Alan carries a few magic bullets with him, that have devastation effects if he fires them. Other than that, the gun can generate its own bullets, that vary in strength.

picture

And here's Akro's most used form; Sword mode. I think it speaks for itself. Akro also has a shield form, which I was too lazy to draw.

Now, one more picture.

picture

This is the form Alan takes in the Dreamlands. As you can see, his hair and eyes are different colors. Also, he has third degree burns. Why? Long story.

Now, I'll post more soon. I look forward to your feedback, and would like to see other peoples drawings of this dude. I'm serious about the gun, too. I need a new design for it, it looks awful right now.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: May 22 2013, 02:00 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Okay, now to introduce the main female protagonist, Asuka Tsukina.

picture

She is loosely based off a character from a visual novel I played. Don't fucking judge me!

Anyway, she is a burn victim, and lives with an adopted family. She's pretty shy, and ends up becoming close friends with Alan, although he keeps his sorcery a secret from her. She is often target by a gang called the Silver Tigers, for unknown reasons, and Alan ends up defending her on various occasions.

picture

Boom! Close up!

Isn't she cute!? Yeah, I know she's badly scarred, but isn't she cute!?

picture

Now, here's her with a different outfit, exposing her arms and legs more, revealing some more of her scarring.

picture

And here she is again. I like drawing her.

picture

And here she is with Alan. I'm am extremely proud of this one. Don't they look cute together?

picture

Almost the same picture, but with different clothes. This is Alan wearing his mask and Akro, and Asuka wearing her short sleeves. Also, the wind is blowing her hair and stuff. Proud of this picture as well.

More to come in a few days. Again, feedback is welcome.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: May 27 2013, 08:00 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Guys! Moar characters!

Picture!

Meet Takumi Tachibana, the serie's sort-of-kind-of good guy. He's a former member of the Cult Of Cthulhu, and is an excellent sorcerer. He's currently seeking the Necronomicon, for unknown reasons. He views Shoggoths as tools, which should be disposed of once they become rebellious (which they usually do, eventually). He's gone through many Shoggoths in his past, and killed each of them when they reached their rebellious stage. He has a scar on his lip from a dog bite, but he never goes into detail about it.

Picture!

And here's him again. This picture didn't come out quite right. His hair is too boofy, and his face seems a little too young. But all-in-all, it's not that bad.

Picture!

Behold! His staff can become an oversized sword! He usually uses his staff as a focus to perform magic. His most used spell is summoning red lightning. In its sword form, the staff can't discharge magic, but he can store magic spells inside the blade to increase its strength.

Picture!

This is his current Shoggoth, Jierge. Jierge is mainly his mode of transportation, but it is also really good at killing stuff. It can fly, and use its tentacles to grapple and carry things.

Also, it looks like it could be a legendary Pokemon. You'll need a Master Ball for this one!

Picture!

This dude is Jarmil Horak, a Czechoslovakian cult leader, and the infamous Thief Of The Gods. He is strongly proficient in dark magic, and carries a book called the Death Journal. The journal contains spells and rituals which were written into the Necronomicon as codes, which were solved by Jarmil's father and written down in the book.

Picture!

Now, here is what he looks like when he actually has his robe on. You may notice that his eyes are always closed. That's because he is blind. And yet, he can still read.. Somehow. When asked about how it is possible, he simply states "My eyes are closed but my mind is open".

Picture!

And now he has wings! Really, really big wings!

Too much Red Bull!

Picture!

And here he is wearing a mask and controlling the wind. seem familiar?

Picture!

And now he's glowing. Not my best picture...

Picture!

And now he's holding a skull made of dark energy or something. Isn't that neat.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll have pictures of some minor characters and the antagonist up soon. See ya!

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jun 6 2013, 08:40 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Hey guys! I made a thing for my thing!

So yeah, these are the Great Old Ones who will be important in the first season/arc/whatever. Other Old Ones will be involved, but these are the main ten. Introductions

Hastur

Half Brother of Cthulhu, and a god of madness. He is able to enslave the air itself, granting him aerokinesis beyond what Aang is capable of. He never removes his mask, and his true form is said to be maddening. His attitude towards human, as with most things (even his children) is indifferent. The only thing he really cares for is keeping Cthulhu locked away, and eventually killing him. However, a law passed eons ago forbids him and Cthulhu from fighting each other directly, so he will manipulate humans if he has to.

Cthylla

The secret daughter of Cthulhu. She is a deity of water who is known to take a human form in order to trick people. She is rivals with her cousin Ithaqua, and is seeking a way to awaken her father.

Cthugha

A fire god, who wants Alan dead for unknown reasons. He frequently sends his fiery minions to attack Alan and those close to him, although he rarely confronts our protagonist himself.

Aphoom-Zhah

The son of Cthugha. He is a being composed of gray and silver flames, and everything he touches will freeze rather than burn. He is opposed to his father, and will occasionally side with humans, mainly Jarmil.

Yegg-Ha

A ten foot tall faceless deity with enormous wings who is worshiped by Nightgaunts and the Faceless Man Cult. He was supposedly killed a long time ago, but his presence never left the Earth.

Dygra

A giant rock monster whose motives remain a mystery. All that's known is that he hates Alan for no apparent reason, and randomly attacks him every so often. Alan is almost used to it by now.

Cthulhu

Cthulhu is a water god who was sealed in R'lyeh a long time ago. His servants, including the Deep Ones, Star Spawn, and the Cult Of Cthulhu, wish to revive him and bring darkness to the world. He is by far one of the strongest of the Great Old Ones.

Shub-Niggerath

Shub-Niggerath is a fertility deity who is worshipped by those who with to create Shoggoths or raise the dead. Her true form is a gargantuan monster, but she is able to take an almost human form. She was once married to Hastur, and has countless children. She is known as the Black Goat Of The Woods With A Thousand Young. She isn't hostile toward most humans, and even displays some curiosity towards some of them.

Ithaqua

One of the sons of Hastur and Shub-Niggerath. He is rumored to be her first child, but whether or not this is true is unknown. He is sometimes known as the Windego or Yeti. He can manipulate air and generate freezing cold winds. He sometimes appears human, with a broken mask that covers his mouth, nose, and half of his right eye. In his true form, he looks like a white-haired cross between a yeti and a satire, and his mask becomes fully formed, with horns, and glowing red eyes and a mouth. He despises all followers of Cthulhu.

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos. The Dark Pharaoh. The King Of Shadows. Nyarlathotep isn't a god of Madness; he is Madness. He can appear in any form he wants, but prefers the form of an Egyptian Pharaoh. In this form, there is a long scar across his torso. No one knows for sure how he got it, but it's said to have been there for over a thousand years.

Now, let's check out some things that aren't gods

Deeps Ones

These are servants of Cthulhu, and recurring enemies throughout the series. They're basically evil fish people with an obsession with gold and breeding.

Star Spawn

These are the strongest servants of Cthulhu. They possess incredible psionic powers that allow them to control weak-minded humans.

Dark Young

These are children of Shub-Niggerath, which are produced asexually. They are often mistaken for trees, and are summoned to watch over cult rituals.

Dark Pipers

Although Azathoth won't be doing much in the first arc thingy, his servants will. The Dark Pipers are fragments of Azathoth's power that have entered our world somehow. They don't seem very malicious, but their music invokes madness in people, and can bring out a persons darker side.

Nightgaunts

Nightgaunts are another recurring enemy. They are faceless creatures who serve various gods, including Nyarlathotep, Yegg-Ha, and even Cthulhu in some cases. They're gifted with flight, and possess some dark magic.

That's all for now. I'll have more characters up sometime soon.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jun 7 2013, 07:18 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Now for some supporting characters!

picture

This is our obligatory pink haired chick, Ayako Minami. She's Asuka's adoptive sister. She's fluent in both English and Japanese, and is a lot more outgoing than her sister.

picture

And here she is in a different outfit, standing in... where ever that mountainous purple sky place is... I really have no idea where that is, that's just a setting I decided to draw people in...

picture

This is Ayako's father, Yuuma. He is also the adoptive father of Asuka. He is incredibly protective of his family, and is a skilled martial artist.

picture

And here he is in that place!

picture

And here's his wife, Kiku. She's like, a doctor and stuff.

picture

This cool shark dude is Nicolau, the half human son of the enigmatic Dagon.

picture

And this is Sally. Say hi to Sally.

And now, we finally make it to the most important character. The series antagonist! The hugest asshole in the entire universe in the story!

picture

This is Drahoslav Xesús Mikuláš Abreu, a former member of the Cult Of Cthulhu. He was pulled into R'lyeh several years ago, and hasn't been heard from since. Until now... He's managed to find a way out of R'lyeh, and has learned some deadly magic from his time there. His goal is to release the seal on Cthulhu and bring eternal darkness to the world. He's also a huge dick. Seriously, this guy is like, the hugest jerk ever. You'll see.

picture

Just look at him. Standing there, ready to pop a cap in your ass.

picture

Oh yeah, and did i mention he has a Demon form?

picture

And did i mention his demon form has a demon form?

Anyway, that's all my pictures. I'll get the actual blog started soonish.

Also, you know that music video I posted? Well, I'm planning one for each of the main characters, and if you wanna draw your own pictures and send them to me, I may put them in said music videos.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jun 12 2013, 01:09 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

deleting this post because reasons

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Oct 11 2013, 04:23 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Fun fact; when I showed this picture to C-Rad, his immediate response was "Her boobs should be bigger!" and I was all like "Her boobs are just fine the way they are!"
Thought I'd share that.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
NⓍFⓍurthWall
 Posted: Oct 11 2013, 06:23 PM

The Wiki-Keeper

Group: Members
Member No.: 178

QUOTE (Acelegin @ Oct 11 2013, 04:23 PM)
Fun fact; when I showed this picture to C-Rad, his immediate response was "Her boobs should be bigger!" and I was all like "Her boobs are just fine the way they are!"
Thought I'd share that.

They look perfectly fine to me but that's just me... >_>

user posted image
(Evolve or Die logo by Pandora)
Collab Blogs:
Search In The Tale (co-written with Pandora)
Individual blogs:
Game Time (took over this blog from ZacksQuest)
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 14 2013, 06:49 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Hey guys. I know I've been procraturbating on this for a while, but I'm gonna try to get the first chapter and some artwork done in the next 1-2 weeks. Hopefully, it will be awesome. Also, I'm retconning a few of the things I've put in this thread earlier, so there may be a few differences from what you might expect.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jan 6 2014, 05:31 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Rajkot
 Posted: Jan 6 2014, 07:21 AM

Draws

Member No.: 346

Ok, that was fun. A couple of spelling errors throughout, but nothing detrimental or even very distracting.

The crazy, action movie/anime esque fight scenes play out perfectly, but that's about what I've come to expect from all your works. Good use of jokes and characterization for just a first chapter; and the references to things currently unknown give a sense of the depth of the universe you've created. Not sure what to make of that last section yet, switching tone and protagonist, but I'm confident it will be tied in somehow.

I eagerly await continuation.

PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jan 6 2014, 07:58 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Hey look, a Tropes page!

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Rajkot
 Posted: Jan 7 2014, 03:51 AM

Draws

Member No.: 346

When I have a good bit more time freed up (which, sadly, might not be for a while), would you mind if I did some artwork for this?

As a side not, I was always more of a Rin person.

PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jan 7 2014, 05:46 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rajkot @ Jan 6 2014, 07:51 PM)
When I have a good bit more time freed up (which, sadly, might not be for a while), would you mind if I did some artwork for this?

Sure, go ahead. That'd be cool.

As a side not, I was always more of a Rin person.

I never cared much for her. Not sure why... I always liked Hanako because I have this strange attraction to shy girls...

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Jan 10 2014, 04:01 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

I'm trying to decide whether I should do a "one chapter per week" thing with this, or whether I should do chapters 2 and 3 before the first week is up in order to properly introduce Takumi and Jarmil, then switch to a "one chapter per week" thing.

Most likely, I'm gonna get some work done on the next 2 chapters ahead of schedule anyway, then make my decision. Not completely sure how everything is gonna play out.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll