Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

R'N'D Media, Straight outta Mevagissey, innit?
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 18 2014, 01:15 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

I think it's about time I made this thread too.

People have probably noticed me talking endlessly about this mythical group but rarely showing anything about them directly. Well, that's because my involvement with them has been... evolving, and it's only now starting to really shows its effects, so now I can finally feel comfortable posting about them!

Ronald and Donald Media began as two young kids with a video camera filming things in their Cornish village of Mevagissey, UK. Their early videos are exactly what you'd expect from a couple of kids and their growing friend base, though there's the odd funny joke here and there. They were predominantly about two characters named Ronald and Donald, hence where they got the name. But over the years, R'N'D got more equipment, more crew, more ambition-- and the whole thing became more of the focus of just one of the founding members.

So then I moved to Mevagissey and became entwined into its young friend circles, eventually becoming good friends with that aforementioned founding member (his name is Alistair, for the record!), and eventually becoming a proper member of what at first seemed like just a silly video-making group.

Well. My respect for this group has grown quite a bit over the past several months. They're no longer a bunch of kids with a video camera. They're now young adults with an increasing arrangement of filmmaking equipment, a wide collection of hand-crafted DIY props and machines, and a strong collective belief in the fragility of modern civilization.

So just. ...rather than ramble on for another several paragraphs, I'm just going to post some videos. If you've been following my blindrapture Tumblr at any point in the past few months, you'll have seen these videos by now, but oh well, here they are under more concentrated contexts!

Apple Cricket at Lords, a video I helped edit. The most prestigious sporting event of the century.

Ronald and Donald Journey to the Centre of the Earth, a recent remake of one of their older videos. You can get a good idea of how silly the plots used to be in here, but I also highly recommend watching it for some.. interesting editing that wasn't present in the original.

This thread will be where I post whatever else we make. Anything else from now on, I will be much more directly involved with. And there's.. a fair amount of content in the pipeline! But before we got to any of that, I wanted to first set up some idea of who the hell R'N'D Media is so you have a better idea of what to expect from videos I help make. ...or so you'll be even more surprised when some of this stuff is radically different, who knows? I honestly have no idea sometimes. We're all still young.

..and plus I just kinda wanted to gush a little because in just those two videos, alone, Alistair has proven to me that he is one hell of an editor, and fdjsfjisddesjuf YOU GUYS I LEGITIMATELY AM ENAMOURED BY THIS STYLE OF HIS

...*ahem* Right, yes. Again, I'll be posting stuff in here that has much more me in it, and I'm excited to see how that will go over. For now, just enjoy these videos I had some minimal form of involvement in.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 19 2014, 10:44 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

The Good, the Bad, and the Hungry, starring James Sullivan as Sheriff Man and Craig Ellory as Ginge. ...with Jordan Dooling as Anton the Bacon-Hater. ;D

Running time is about five minutes.
"But the video says--"" shhhhhhhh. >w>

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Apr 18 2014, 09:17 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

This is what we do when certain people don't show up for filming on important days.

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: May 10 2014, 08:52 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

(IMG:http://37.media.tumblr.com/96fc76a8c17caf6c1e0b13845346df01/tumblr_n5dlu713SA1qkceb9o1_1280.png)

Who in the world?

Yes, an actual teaser picture to that big top-secret project, a picture that holds more relevance than anything posted yet! Who would have thought?

Coming soooon.

EDIT: Also, unrelated:

This is what happens to Alistair when he's faced with editing a very boring church play.

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Jul 5 2014, 09:13 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Oh yeah, I have some important stuff to post here. Two new series, in fact.

HOBO WHO CONFIDENTIAL

This is a Charlieist manifesto (or part of one), a declaration of what we stand for while also offering a pure look behind the scenes into the making of our upcoming series that I wrote (which is titled Hobo Who). So anyone who's interested in stuff I write, this is a tantalizing sneak peek for you.

Part 1 has some bloopers and an idea of how we as a film crew "get along," shall we say. It also has some Rapture jokes.

Part 2 has some making-of shots, a lot of promotional stuff, and.. well, it's much shorter than Part 1, so feel free to jump in here if you want to.

More parts will come soon! Maybe we'll even finally be able to show Hobo Who itself before we show more of this. And don't worry, watching Confidential will hardly spoil you of anything.

R'N'D NEWS

Alistair wants us to tell the world what's new.

People film me when I'm asleep a lot. Also, fuck bread.

I AM IN THIS ONE

Enjoy!

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Nov 2 2014, 10:52 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

It's raining apple today as we bring you Apple Cricket at the Oval 20-freaking-14 (round 1 of 3), the newest in a long dynastical line of grand-scale YouTube performances. I don't know what I just said.

If you've ever want to see me get dressed or endorse drugs, then boy is this video for you.

EXHIBITS:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 07:02 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

We've got a busy month ahead of us, with a lot of journalism stuff to manage (surprisingly) and a production that actually has a budget (surprisingly), but somehow we're gonna manage to produce at least two intensive shows as well as those. One is that Hobo Who I've been hyping up, after a long hiatus and a lot of people we've been mad at the planets finally seem to be aligning on this one, and second is The Nipple Show. What is The Nipple Show? Well, hopefully you'll get to find out very soon.

But in the meantime look it's a teaser and I'm in it.

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll