Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

DarkShadows Let's Plays Pokemon Red (NUZLOCKE)!, *tattoos "Trainer Lyfe" on knuckles*
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 2 2014, 10:06 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

Welcome to the thread for my Pokemon Red Nuzlocke run! Updates for this LP will occur thrice weekly - hopefully on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at one video per each day. This will be a very long Let's Play, and if it starts going too long I might up the post number to two videos twice or thrice weekly.

For those curious as to what the Nuzlocke Challenge basically entails, here is a helpful page from Bulbapedia on the subject. And, for those curious about my own rules for the Let's Play, here they are:

• You may only capture the first Pokémon encountered in an area, and nothing else in that area. If you miss your chance to capture it, too bad.
    - You may accept NPC-given Pokémon. All others must be caught by yourself.
    - You may choose at most one Pokémon from the Game Corner.
    - You may not capture or use Legendary Pokémon.
    - You may not capture duplicate Pokémon. For example, if you have a Ratatta, and you encounter another Ratatta, it does not count as the first Pokémon encountered in an area. You may not capture Pokémon that are an evolved or devolved form of the Pokémon you currently have, for example capturing a Pidgiotto if you already have a Pidgy.
    - If you need to use a field move (like Cut) but do not have a Pokémon that can learn that move, you may capture a Pokémon (even if you have one from the previous area) to do so. You may not use this Pokémon in battle.
  • If a Pokémon faints, you must release it or bury it in a PC box. It’s dead.
    - Revive Mercy Clause: You may, at most, revive a fallen team member twice in the entire game. Using a Rare Candy to revive a fallen teammate counts as using a Revive. This clause is not in effect until you battle the Elite Four.
    - If you have captured Pokémon in a PC box somewhere, you may replace a fainted Pokémon with one of them.
  • You must nickname all of your Pokémon.
  • A white out is Game Over, and the LP is finished.
  • The above “official” rules are not officially enforced until you are able to capture Pokémon (after "Oak's Parcel"), or if the Pokémon is part of a game event (sleeping Snorlax).
  • The Battle style must be on “Set” at all times, to prevent easily switching out between battles.
  • You may not trade any member of your team out at any time. This means certain Pokémon evolutions will be inaccessible.
  • You may not flee from any Wild Pokémon battles.
  • There is no limit on how often you may use a Pokémon Center to heal, or on how many healing items you may have.
    - You may use Pokémon Centers to heal at any time.
    - You may only carry as many Revives/Max Revives as there are members of your team. That is, you may carry a maximum of six of this item, as per the Revive Mercy Clause. If you have five Pokémon, you may carry a maximum of five, and so on.
    - Self-healing moves such as Softboiled are legal.

The first video is below. Unfortunately, due to losing two of the files containing footage (from parts 2 and 9 respectively), and because of the nature of the LP, this run will not have a part 2 or part 9. Please see the "Setback" video, also below, for an explanation of what happened.

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 3 2014, 06:23 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Update, but first a little poll. Help me decide on an Eeveelution! Since we will eventually be getting the Eevee from Celadon City, and we will be evolving it, I'd love to know which one you think I should pick - Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon? I'll be asking again in the Skypechat, but otherwise, I'd love it if you guys could leave a comment in the thread with your answer. You'll have a week to vote, and during that time updates will slow to one video, thrice weekly. The short time period is only being done because I need to keep the recording pace of this Let's Play at a nice, steady clip, so I'm not falling behind over the summer. I'm 30 videos into recording this monster of a Let's Play, and I'm maybe halfway through the game now - so I have plenty of material, I just wanna make sure I stay on task. That, and I have Summer classes starting this Monday, so I won't have as much time to film during those two months.

Now then, on to the updates! In these two updates, we make it through the Viridian Forest and challenge the Rock-Type Gym Leader, Brock, to battle! Will we succeed?

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 5 2014, 03:45 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Two more videos. Thanks to everyone who gave their Eeveelution opinions over Skype. :D

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 10 2014, 12:25 AM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Holy crap I'm so behind on updating this thread! Here's the most recent four videos...

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: May 10 2014, 03:17 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Moving this to Other Projects.

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 20 2014, 04:25 AM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Thanks for the move, LizardBite, I wasn't exactly sure where else to put this and hopefully it will get a bit more attention there.

Wow I have been neglecting this thread. Here's a massive update for those following:

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 22 2014, 08:58 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Yet more travel on the way to the absolute worst location in Kanto, the Rock Tunnel...

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 24 2014, 05:12 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Late update; because of that we have three vids this time. Entering Lavender Town and heading towards Celadon is what we do this time!

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 02:07 AM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Massive multivid update!

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 06:03 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Such update. Very long wait. Much videos. Wow.

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jul 11 2014, 07:05 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Holy crap, so much updating needs to be done! D:

(Dunno what happened to the intro still on this vid, sorry.)

And that's it, you guys! Thanks for the support during this LP! Stay tuned for some bonuses later on this week!

Blogs:

Short Stories:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll