Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Castle Red, A survival horror game
LizardBite
 Posted: Nov 27 2014, 10:35 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

This is a project I've been working out for about five or six months: Castle Red.

What is Castle Red?

Castle Red is a survival horror video game created in RPG Maker VX Ace. You take on the role of Jonathon Miller, a young man who one day awakens in the courtyard of a massive castle, with no way out and no memory of how he got there. His only clues as to what's happening are a number of other people in the same predicament, and an invitation in his pocket, urging him to visit Castle Red.

As you explore the castle, you will have to sneak past many disturbing enemies, and you'll encounter a number of characters. You determine your relationship with each character, but be warned: your choices have consequences.

Castle Red contains six different endings, and a single playthrough will take somewhere between one and three hours depending on which ending you end up getting.

Praise be.

Where can I get Castle Red?

The game is available for download on its RMN page. Simply download, install*, and start playing!

*Windows OS strongly recommended

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Nov 28 2014, 12:11 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

Downloading now. Will LP when I'm back in Kansas.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Nov 28 2014, 06:20 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Awesome!

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 05:17 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Anyone had a chance to play it yet?

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 2 2014, 06:58 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

Sorry. Have to postpone my LP due to a cold, but I'll play it soon.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 6 2014, 11:41 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Liz! I tried LPing this game, but there appears to be a glitch. My first LP didn't work out because of a problem with my recorder, and when I tried again, I ran into a problem. When I closed the menu after reading the second note, I couldn't move. The arrow keys just kept making the cursor moving sound, as if I still had the menu open. Which is weird, cause that didn't happen the first time.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Dec 7 2014, 04:54 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

That's odd... I never encountered that during playtests, and someone on RMN has posted saying he's beaten it, and mentioned nothing of a glitch.

Tell me every circumstance surrounding the glitch and I'll see if I can replicate it, and then maybe figure out what happened.

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Dec 7 2014, 06:07 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

I can't remember every circumstance exactly. It was right after I met Howard. I took a couple steps, then read the new personal note. When I closed the menu again, I couldn't move. It could have just been a fluke, since it didn't happen the third time.

Also, it seems I will be unable to do the LP, because my screencap is full of shit. So sorry about that.

The game's awesome though. You did pretty good.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jan 9 2015, 10:17 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 09:14 PM

Cool... Although dear god this lp... Especially at the beginning the game audio just completely drowns out his voice.

Also so hey I beat Castle Red... Sort of...

I think I got a non-standard game over

Ending F: Eternal Love.

I like that it let's you do that. Kudos Liz. Gonna try and get some other endings now.

Edit: So I played again from my save and went past Ending F and through much of the following part... Got to the hedge maze and through the hedge maze and then died and realized I had not saved since the graveyard and was like... No I am not doing all that again... So I'm done playing for today. Sorry Liz.

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Last Rites
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Feb 18 2015, 06:11 AM

Finally played some more Castle Red! I got through The Hedgemaze again died numerous times on the wolves before getting past. Got lost and traveled all over before realizing I just needed to go through a portal to get to the main house area and go to the basement then went through the basement made a deal with margaery and died repeatedly in the area just past her before rage quitting for the night.

Also on my second playthrough of the hedgemaze I heard something I missed last time.

Your recorded message. To which my answer at the time was "No you condescending jerk" *Grumble Grumble. Trudging through really annoying maze*

Anyway loving the game aside from that damn maze. Hopefully I'll get back to it and past this part soon.

Archon of Chaos.

>Cresting The Wave

Last Rites
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Feb 18 2015, 02:28 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

*Evil Laughter*

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 18 2015, 07:26 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Apr 29 2015, 04:25 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

I now return to direct your attention to this.

user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Apr 29 2015, 06:15 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

That reminds me, I need to get part 2 of RD's let's play done.

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll