Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Batman Mythos, it's the bees knees
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 24 2014, 01:37 AM

Has a really nice vest.

Group: Members
Member No.: 363

Honestly, my favorite is Scarecrow. Fun fact: I've been researching the possibility of his fear gas, and have came up with a pretty good idea on what chemicals would work.

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
yeoldefreakshow
 Posted: Feb 27 2014, 07:06 PM

A person

Member No.: 340

Who is the really flexible person? I remember someone who was very flexible from when I was watching one of the old cartoons about 5 years ago...

A blog that has nothing to do with the fear mythos at all but is just a terrible attempt to be funny http://thisistheadresshi.blogspot.co.uk/
PM
NⓍFⓍurthWall
 Posted: Feb 27 2014, 07:34 PM

The Wiki-Keeper

Member No.: 178

QUOTE (yeoldefreakshow @ Feb 27 2014, 07:06 PM)
Who is the really flexible person? I remember someone who was very flexible from when I was watching one of the old cartoons about 5 years ago...

Plastic Man?

user posted image
(Evolve or Die logo by Pandora)
Collab Blogs:
Search In The Tale (co-written with Pandora)
Individual blogs:
Game Time (took over this blog from ZacksQuest)
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Feb 27 2014, 09:02 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

You may be thinking of Clayface, or of Inque from Batman Beyond. Do you have a gender for this character, or some images for reference?

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 28 2014, 03:53 AM

Has a really nice vest.

Ragdoll? He was in the cartoon "The Batman", and (apparently) in the comics as well.

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
yeoldefreakshow
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 09:31 AM

A person

Member No.: 340

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Feb 28 2014, 03:53 AM)
Ragdoll? He was in the cartoon "The Batman", and (apparently) in the comics as well.

Yes it is Ragdoll, he used to creep me out!

thanks.

A blog that has nothing to do with the fear mythos at all but is just a terrible attempt to be funny http://thisistheadresshi.blogspot.co.uk/
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 05:52 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

Shit, actually almost forgot about Ragdoll. I didn't exactly watch TB a lot, so my knowledge of characters from it are slightly shaky. I do remember Rasta!Joker though, he looked weird as hell...

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Jul 8 2014, 06:11 PM

Has a really nice vest.

I think I just might have figured out how to do a Batman-themed fearblog!

So, it's pretty much a rake/eye blog with a little twist.

So, theres this angry upper middle class kid, who witnessed his mother/parents gunned down when he was younger in a random car jacking/mugging/etc.

So, he lives with his father/legal guardian, he's a straight A student, yadda yadda, but he's become antisocial, and has serious anger issues (this could also be a Brute blog as well).

So, enter the fear: The Bat! It's the representative of the fear of Revenge, sort of a mix of the rake, the brute, and the grotesque. Basically, it comes into the kids room at night, and whispers in his ear, telling him to go out and get revenge on the criminals of New York/Boston/etc.

So, eventually, the whispering gets to him, and he decides to go out and fight crime. Well, unlike the regular Batman, this guy kills criminals. Well, he starts knocking off the criminals in his city, and debate breaks out about weather this "Bat-Man" (he wears a black trenchcoat, with the collar pointed up, giving him the likeness of a bat) is good or not. Eg. The people he saves think him as a hero, sent by god or whatnot, the city officials (especially the corrupt ones) think he's a menace.

Meanwhile, the kid struggles internally with if what he's doing is right or not, and if it's justice or just anger-driven revenge. The bat keeps whispering in his dreams, so he keeps doing it.

So then the routt to go down would be introducing the villain.

My ideas is an Eye/MoS influenced Harvey Dent District Attorney character, who struggles with his duality, as wanting to enforce justice, but also wanting to allow the "Bat-Man" to continue to fight crime as he is cleaning up the streets. (Think "Hellfire" from Hunchback).

SO then we go into a second blog from The Lawyer's perspective, and we get to see both of the character's struggle with their dualities, and with what they want and what they are doing.

Other character's could cameo, such as The Jester or The Smiling Man in place of The Joker, The Wooden Girl as The Ventriloquist, Plague Doctor as Scarecrow, etc.

So what do ya'll think? (In all honesty, this could work without the fears, I just think that'd make it more interesting).

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll