Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Serious Story Thinking Thread, LET'S DO THIS
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 07:23 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

So then. Topography Genera Center East. Oh god. I made this thread because I love making threads and also because I want to figure out where the story will go. And I don't just mean "figure out a vague direction," I mean I want to figure eeeeeverything out. ..roughly. 'Cause I realize that Testing in Progress and Administry for a Cause wound up being really solid stories because I had a very definite idea for them before I wrote them. And some of my best Rapture logs are the ones that I had been planning for a long time. Hell, the main reason Act III is so hard for me to write is because all my plans are for Act IV. xD

SO. What I was thinking, actually, was to sort of have a mini "story" for each movement, with the EAT, Newborn, and Grotesque arcs being only hinted at until the climax of the whole story.

One of the movements, prolly around halfway through, I want to have Len framed for something and thrown in jail. And he'd have a movement of not posting, then a movement of hunting after whoever framed him.

..so if the overall story is of the Genera and everything, we're gonna want themes of oppression from the higher-ups, themes of the higher-ups being a little 'off,' and.. and stuff. And of course, constant hints of a fear of the future. That's the most common motif I want in this.

I think it may even be neat to have a movement focusing on slendy.

..I guess I should give examples of what a "mini story" could be.

ONE MOVEMENT COULD BE, FOR INSTANCE: A string of murders somewhere! Doctor Cloud posts results of forensic research, Duchess does.. whatever Duchess does, and Len posts more general information like "News reports saying all this shit and whatever." And then eventually, it'd be revealed which Fossil it is, and it turns out the Fossil has some details that weren't in the Fossil records, or something really shocking. So they try to talk to the higher-ups about it, but "That is unconfirmed" and all this shit, and the movement would end with the protagonists further doubting the higher-ups.

Somewhere towards the halfway point of the whole blog, the protagonists would hereby declare that the higher-ups are really up to something, and we'd have the latter half focusing more on the actual higher-ups. And there'd be so many revelations and stuff.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 07:45 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Sounds good.

We've been talking about the Newborn's servants, the Towerborn and the Thoughtborn. And our plot was that the Genera was trying to build a new body for the Newborn, one that was sustainable.

However, with the addition of the Towerborn and the Thoughtborn, I think we can have a new plot: the uploading of minds into immortal bodies. Immortality is actually what Doctor Cloud's main goal is - his blog's url is "the carriage held but just ourselves" which comes from an Emily Dickenson poem:
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality

So Doctor Cloud and the higher ups know about the Towerborn and the Thoughtborn - holding back that information - and are trying to combine them together so that they can transfer their minds into immortal bodies.

How do you like that plotline?

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 08:45 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

I dunno how I feel about Doctor Cloud being one of the antagonists, but I'll definitely consider that. Then again, I guess they're not exactly 'antagonists' as there are hardly just two sides to this story. There's so many different Fears, each with their own apocalypse to bring.

..then again, maybe their goal is just to bring their minds into immortal bodies, like the Cybermen, but little do they know the Newborn is playing them for fools and will use them to make a body for itself, whereupon it will grow and kill everyone?

..that actually sounds vaguely similar to EAT.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 03:17 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Yeah, they don't really want to kill anyone, they only want to discover immortality. So not antagonist, more...okay, kind of antagonist.

But then again, it can change. Perhaps Doctor Cloud doesn't know about this plan. But I've always seen Cloud is kind of morally dubious, so I don't know what he would say when he found out.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 26 2012, 10:03 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

So HELP is not just relaunching, but it is down. If you go to its address now, it looks like it was Camperfied.

I had an idea. What if I started up the new Topography Genera Center North blog, establishing it as a sort of new-era Topography of Thought (but with more of an actual plot instead of just the vague mess Thought was), and what if I put Andrew Rogers as the particular Camper running it?

This made me think more, and I got the idea of Liquid Len looking into the fall of HELP, and getting into contact with wiseaufan01. Yep, that wiseaufan01. Len would be sent the two videos of HELP, making him go to the higher-ups and submit this as evidence of FT-HADES actually doing shit. Topography Genera would then focus on FT-HADES for the first movement, or at least set things up.

When North is completely ready, we'd have Len bring it up and be all confused and whatnot, only to also start reading Jordan Eats, and this is where EAT would be properly introduced.

Therefore, Topography Genera should be a wide collection of blogs all connected by the rise of EAT and the presence and eventual fall of the Topography Genera Center. There should be a good number of blogs that are Camperfied (we'd really just need the "This blog has been removed" screens), and a good number that are completely fine (like Testing in Progress and whatnot). This would expand upon the themes established in the early Jordan Eats entries and expand upon the entire 'verse, itself.

..well, the blogs of Topography Genera can also involve the rise of FT-HOMUNCULI, just so they don't all have to be EAT-related. As for Duchess' arc, I think it'd probably work best if that was just expanded upon by the dream mythos and what we already have planned. I don't think Jane will be available to write fully-expansive blog posts all the time. I mean, who knows? If done well, the Duchess arc can be one of the most memorable parts of the story even if it's the smallest.

How does all that sound?

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 26 2012, 12:49 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

That sounds good to me.

I have to figure out what to post next for Doctor Cloud. Do you know when we're revealing the news report about the HOMUNCULI test subject?

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:16 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

It depends on when you want to progress the plot, I guess. I mean, if you want me to release it now, I can do that.

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Feb 26 2012, 02:37 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Let me think more about the plot and I'll let you know. Thanks.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 03:38 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Topography Genera Center North has launched.

Let me try to get this straight on paper: This is the second blog that has been labelled Topography Genera Center North, the first one being shown in screenshots at the end of The Topography of Thought, which is now down and is also what this is the successor to. It is being posted in by "The Camper Velourium," also known as Andrew Rogers, who was the blogger for HELP which is now down and was the same account as Weathered Crashes of The Topography of Thought which is also down. And now Andrew is a Camper somehow just like how Weathered was a Camper. It is a companion to Topography Genera Center East which is the successor to Jordan Eats, so much as having the protagonists essentially be parallels. North parallels East while both blogs also parallels their predecessors, and North takes place in the same facility as Testing in Progress and Administry for a Cause did, two blogs which were also companion blogs and were technically posted on the same account and expanded upon themes established in Jordan Eats.

I FUCKING LOVE BEING THIS CONFUSING. The world of Topography Genera is filled with parallels and specular reflection and parallaxes. Hell, The Parallels is technically in its universe, and that's basically a parody of my own writing.

So, in English, The Camper Velourium was EAT's attempt at being genre-savvy. After all, the EAT in Jordan Eats tried to be genre-savvy many times and tried to pull a Mister Charles of its own, but I wasn't sure how to pull it off. So this is basically that. ..see, The Camper Velourium is EAT saying "I need a single Camper to be my spokesperson, but actually that's impractical, I'm only doing this to fuck with people's heads."

After all, Topography Genera so far has been about taking everything I tried to do with EAT before and.. well, doing it well for a change!

..where was I going with this. I kinda just wanted to tell you what the point of the blog was. But I still want to do even more blogs and bah.

RIGHT, RIGHT, Genera Center East's first movement. This'll just be "HELLO, I AM EAT, THIS IS THE ARCHANGEL, THAT'S THE NEWBORN, HOW MAY I HELP YOU?" I'll make some posts of Liquid Len talking about FT-HADES, see. And.. yeah. I don't quite know where the overall finale for the movement will be, but I'm thinking it's gotta be something awesome, a real Wham Episode.

Hm, continuing on the themes of being a parallel to Jordan Eats, that one's first movement ended with Jordan having a visit to the doctor and being told to talk to a J. LaBrie! So this one should end with Len seeing Doctor Cloud and being recommended to J. LaBrie, who in this case is a Genera.... higher-up of sorts. J. LaBrie is someone who I GOT IT I GOT IT

For the finale of movement one, Len will be all "WHAT THE FUCK, THE HIGHER-UPS ARE TELLING ME EAT DOESN'T EXIST BUT I HAVE ALL THESE BLOGS HERE TO PROVE IT." And he'll see Doctor Cloud about it, and Cloud'll be all "There was this former Genera operative, codenamed J. LaBrie, who also thought this Fossil existed, but he has since been relieved of duty and can be found in this place I am telling you right now." And so the proper finale will be Len visiting LaBrie.

At least, that's for Len's arc. Then movement two will start with some official mentions of Duchess' dreams. How's that?

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 04:17 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Awesomesauce.

The end of Act One for Cloud is coming soon, I think. I'll go with the news report, then reporting to higher ups about the Subtype DESCARTES and Subtype TURING and finding out that they already know about them. And then it's them assigning him to Project GALATEA, which is making a new type of Towerborn.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 10 2012, 03:33 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

I'm sure we've said this already, but I want to make sure it's still understood:

The incidents at Topography Genera Center North are, as yet, classified. Our characters do not know about them, and any comments referencing them on our blogs must be considered as just comments and nothing to reply to.

The Genera, after all, claims no affiliation with the dozens of first-hand reports dubbed "Fearblogs." The Genera only believes what it has proven, not what people say in the comments.

EDIT: Also, I doubt, by any chance, you know a way we could set up an "answering machine" for Doctor Cloud, do you? I could probably find an actor for it, but first I'd want to know if you think Doctor Cloud could use one. I mean, we've assigned Allanbag to voice Doctor Walls, but when the hell is Doctor Walls gonna speak? o_o

I had the idea of, like.. setting it up so the conversations you document on the blog get shown on, like, a tape recorder or something. But I'd still need a Doctor Cloud actor. Do you think I should look for one?

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Mar 10 2012, 04:34 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

I don't know, maybe. It would be kind of weird to hear someone else voice my character. Even though I voice a different character. (Perhaps I could try a different voice?)

Anyway, I know that EAT / Camper / North Center are all unknown. In fact, I responded to proxiehunter's comment here with this:
I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to. I was calling Doctor Walls "cold" in a metaphorical sense; he is neither cold nor damp in the physical sense. And even if he was, I fail to see how your advice would in any way help me.

Perhaps this is why he requested I share the information? To see how you respond, in this case, with senseless gibberish. Oh well.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 10 2012, 04:44 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Well, if you want to audition for your own part, go for it.

"Hello, you have reached the Topography Genera Center East Blog Management Committee; this is Health and Security leading officer Doctor Cloud. We're swamped right now or otherwise busy in a classified manner, so feel free to leave a message at the tone."

EXHIBITS:
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Mar 10 2012, 04:53 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

So I, uh, changed the pitch so I doesn't quite sound like me. But here it is.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Mar 10 2012, 04:58 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

I hate to say it, man, but that still sounds too much like the "Ian Manning/Camper" voice. Can you make it any deeper without entering narm territory?

EXHIBITS:
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll