Pages: (23) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Series Bible's Fear List (IMPORTANT), Regarding "Vanilla Fears"
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 04:38 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

So here's a phrase you've no doubt heard me throwing around: Vanilla Fears. What do I mean by this? Well, it's a bit of an enigma thanks to our mythos' open-source nature, but basically, the vanilla Fears are the unified interpretations of the Fears that are presented on the series bible's Fear list.

As you all know, everyone is entitled to their own interpretations of Fears. Your stories and canons can have as many or as little Fears as you want, represented however you want. You can even create new Fears exclusive to your canons. But then what's the point of having a unified list of Fears? That's.. a really good question. I suppose the best answer is convenience, a list of motifs you can pull from and experiment with how you please.

So, I present some questions. What Fears do you think should be included on this unified list, and how do you think they should be represented? To get us started, I've provided the list as it's written on the series bible.

The Slender Man

The Slender Man is a tall man without a face wearing a business suit. He is said to represent the fear of strangers. Some stories say he has tentacles, other stories say he has branches, some stories say he has a face that changes whenever you look at it, other stories say he has none at all. What he does to victims is completely up to the writer.

The Archangel

The Archangel is a God-like being often represented by a man in a gas mask. He has control over the dead and is said to represent the fear of religious dogma. How the gas mask figure acts is entirely up to the writer, as is essentially every other detail. Are you starting to get the picture?

The Wooden Girl

The Wooden Girl is a life-sized marionette of a girl. She uses her strings to control others. She is said to represent the fear of control. Some stories say the marionette is a costume, others say it’s just an eldritch marionette. Some stories mention victims submitting to her willingly, others make no mention. Some stories write her as sex-obsessed and abusive, others stick to the bare control fear. It’s entirely up to the writer.

The Black Dog

The Black Dog is a large black dog that drags your secrets out to the world. It is said to represent the fear of exposure. Some stories say The Black Dog is just an omen, others say it is a threat that makes its mark on victims and then steals their flesh when it’s wounded. What the writer chooses is entirely up to them.

The Blind Man

The Blind Man is an old blind man often seen clutching a book. He makes victims lose specific memories. He is said to represent the fear of memory loss. Some stories say he is simply blind, while others say he has no eyes. Some say he has secret catacombs where spiders of bone weave his books, others leave his details completely unknown.

The Dying Man

The Dying Man is a creature that spreads like a virus, corrupting people before leaving them dead. He is said to represent the fear of death. Some stories say he has a complete mind of his own with motives and crazy amounts of knowledge, while others leave him completely ambiguous and wild. Some stories say he used to be a whole different being before being defeated and split, while others choose the “ignorance is bliss” option and leave readers in the dark. It’s entirely up to the writer.

EAT

EAT is a hive mind of knowledge-obsessing creatures called The Camper, spread through something identical to water. It is said to represent the fear of drowning in your obsessions. Some stories say it has a proper face below the surface, while others say The Camper is all it is. Some stories give EAT tentacles, others give it fungal strings, while others give it nothing at all. Some stories say “EAT” stands for something. Others say it’s just a name.

The Empty City

The Empty City is a sprawling endless labyrinth of buildings and streets accessed through mysterious Doors. It is said to represent the fear of being lost. The common consensus is that the Doors close and vanish immediately upon entrance, though details change per story. The streets of the City are constantly changing, though the details of the City are up to the writer. Some stories even go far beyond a City.

The Cold Boy

The Cold Boy is a little boy who brings with him loneliness and chills. He is said to represent the fear of cold isolation. Some stories say he sings nursery rhymes, other stories say he has followers, and more suggest he has a winter court where he brings his victims. Some stories choose to remove the little boy and just focus on the cold isolation. Everything is up to the writer in the Fear Mythos.

The Smiling Man

The Smiling Man is a man with scraggly red hair and strange eyes whose grin is a little too wide for his face. He is said to represent the fear of stalkers. Some stories say he has particular killing methods he prefers, other stories say he prefers rape, and most say he has an affinity for flowers.

The Unnamed Child

The Unnamed Child is a little child without a name. It enters your life and demands your affection and obsession before leaving you with nothing. Some stories talk about its effect on already-established families, other stories talk about the victims who try to pursue The Unnamed Child after it leaves, and some suggest the creature has a name that can break minds.

The Mother of Snakes

The Mother of Snakes is a lady in the mirror who comforts you when you’re upset and lures you into her garden. Some stories say her garden is a desert, others have victims leaving her garden as snakes ready to get revenge on all who wronged them. Some stories have The Mother of Snakes hint at a true form beneath her scales, other stories don’t even mention scales. The snake motif can be literal or a metaphor; everything is up to the writer.

The Convocation

The Convocation is a flock of birds that torment victims, carry people away, and can fly so fast they become lightning. They are said to represent the fear of birds and heights. Some stories say The Convocation can fly so fast that they morph geography, other stories say they can pick up entire cars, some stories say they nest inside living human bodies, others say they are specific types of birds and others say they can be all kinds. Everything’s up to the writer.

The Rake

The Rake is a feral dog-man, pale and hairless with razor-sharp claws, who whispers to victims at night and slaughters selectively. It is said to represent the fear of brutality, of the unknown nature. Some stories give The Rake profound intelligence, others paint it as a mindless savage. Some stories say The Rake only kills little girls, others say it has no discrimination. It’s all up to the writer.

The Intrusion

The Intrusion is a hive mind of insects that crawl into victims and lay eggs in their stomachs. They are said to represent the fear of insects. Some stories expand upon their nature while others stick to the basics. Some stories say they are extremely intelligent and take advantage of their strength in numbers, while others keep them as mindless insects with a vague consciousness. Some stories have them form waves or humanoid figures made entirely of bugs. It’s all up to the writer.

The Quiet

The Quiet is sheer nothing, nothing anywhere. It is said to represent the fear of overwhelming nothing. Some stories give The Quiet worshippers who preach the coming of an apocalyptic nothing, while others have worlds go out with silence. Some stories represent The Quiet by having people simply vanish one by one, while others give it a sudden wave of nothing. There is much potential, much to be found in nothing at all.

The Choir

The Choir are vague grey figures hiding behind the people victims talk to. They obfuscate victims’ hearing, driving them insane. They are said to represent the fear of miscommunication. Some stories say The Choir is a fungus, others leave it more ambiguous. Some say The Choir invented language and sound, and some stories even say The Choir can cause visual hallucinations as well. The extent and nature of The Choir is entirely up to the writer.

The Eye

The Eye is judgment with an eye motif. It is said to represent the fear of judgment. Some stories say victims literally see eyes everywhere (disembodied or context-sensitive), others simply leave it metaphorical. Some stories have The Eye judge victims harshly for petty mistakes, others focus on those who commit atrocities. Some stories have The Eye manifest as a possessed human in order to kill the victim, others find more ways to do the deed. It’s up to the writer.

The Manufactured Newborn

The Manufactured Newborn is a thing– toy, creature, robot– that gathers more and more mass before finding its way back to its home. It is said to represent the fear of the future. Some stories say its home is a land of towers, others paint different pictures. Some stories make The Manufactured Newborn gather organic mass into its body, others have it take advantage of mechanical material. More stories emphasize that The Manufactured Newborn often comes back once it has left. Some stories have The Manufactured Newborn strip a human away until he or she is nothing but thoughts. It’s up to the writer.

The Nightlanders

The Nightlanders are shadows on the wall. They are said to represent the fear of shadows. Some stories say The Nightlanders are former victims of The Empty City who have been more than driven insane, others leave them more ambiguous. Some stories say The Nightlanders are obsessed with order and will force victims to oblige in the name of it. Some stories have Nightlanders rearrange human bodies, cutting legs and messing with brains, all for the sake of order. The nature of the shadows is up to the writer.

The Plague Doctor

The Plague Doctor is a tall figure in an outfit strongly resembling that of a medieval plague doctor. It is associated with eldritch illnesses. It is said to represent the fear of disease. Some stories say The Plague Doctor’s mask is actually a beak, others say it’s a mask hiding something disturbing. Some stories say The Plague Doctor will take victims away to be experimented on, others say The Plague Doctor does not care about humans and simply gives diseases by proxy. Everything is up to the writer.

The Grotesque

The Grotesque is a figure manifesting in a victim’s dreams. It can make victims dream extensively if not forever. It is said to represent the fear of nightmares. Some stories say it has a distinct appearance, while others say it’s always different. Some say it has a carnival motif, yet not even this is common. Some stories suggest The Grotesque has a physical representation outside of dreams, and some theorize that The Grotesque can find ways out of a victim’s head. Everything is up to the writer.

Other public domain motifs to consider

The Deep is a concept some stories use. It’s said to be a Fear that scares other Fears (e.g. EAT is said in some stories to refuse to infect the world’s oceans because they are home to The Deep), conveying the motif of the mysterious unknown.

Jack of All is a proposed figure that’s an independent entity (read: not a Fear) whose appearance changes but his name always includes “Jack” somewhere. It strikes deals with people and grants their wishes, corrupting things as it sees fit.

It's worth noting that each Fear will get an individual page soon, but for now, let's just stick with this list. What new Fears should be added to this? What changes, if any, should be made to the existing descriptions? What new public domain motifs should be added?

From what I understand, The Red Cap is a popular new Fear, and The Ivory Woman is a public domain motif that has been circulating. Should these be added? And if so, how should their descriptions be written so as to allow for maximum open-source creativity?

And finally, what the hell is the point of this list if every Fear can be interpreted however we like? It's a really good question, and I'd love to hear some ideas. Ask yourself: Do we need a list of Fears? If so, why? What would it be like if we didn't have this list of Fears, and considering how other new Fears get circulated anyway, would it make that much of a difference?

Do note that I'm not saying "I'm gonna take down this list if I don't get good answers;" it's more of an open question I find very interesting to think about.

EDIT:

And if you keep reading this thread, you'll learn some longwinded rambles about my reasoning behind making this thread and stuff, but let me sum things up:

A vanilla Fear is a Fear without any "toppings," which are the details added in individual interpretations (like The Grotesque's carnival motifs or The Archangel's Timberwolves or The Empty City's Xanadu interpretation). We need to figure out every Fear's vanilla form and write it out, adding reference links to notable blogs and making sure to mention some toppings only for reference purposes.

For an example of this using The Grotesque, scroll down a few posts.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 04:46 AM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

The rule I have been using for official/vanilla Fears is this: if it is used by two or more authors (not blogs, authors), then it should be included.

In that respect, the Red Cap and the Brute should both be included (although the Brute as a public domain motif, rather than a Fear, since it's "dormant" or sleeping). Once the Ivory Woman is written about more, you can include her (and this applies to the Burning Woman, too, as well as any other Fears, like the Vision, that only one author has used so far).

At least, that's what I think. Perhaps it should be more than two authors? I'm...not really sure.

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
Visitor
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 04:56 AM

Bard 8 Archivist 2
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Hrmmm, I feel that that'll become a less workable policy as we expand more. Inclusion into a 'vanilla Fear' list, I feel, should require much more thorough observation. The critters are going to be the first things newbies see, we want their themes/motifs/appearance to be as polished as possible! As such (this is just personal opinion) the vanilla Black Dog and Unnamed Child are less polished than what I would expect from new Fears to be added to the list.
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:03 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (Visitor @ Aug 7 2012, 05:56 AM)
As such (this is just personal opinion) the vanilla Black Dog and Unnamed Child are less polished than what I would expect from new Fears to be added to the list.

I.. yeah, I agree with that, personally. Actually, I had this idea long ago of combining a few of the more natural Fears into one: The Rake, The Convocation, The Intrusion. Maybe it could be The Black Dog instead of The Rake. A triad of nature. Or rather, Convocation and Intrusion would be the same general idea: Flocks of a type of creature. This way, it could allow for masses of any creature. Like a huge pack of bears. The Black Dog would be an optional omen/leader depending on the interpretation.

..but that's beside the point. The main goal we want to maintain is, if we're revising anything, we have to keep it so that nothing is retconned. Which I suppose we already have taken care of due to the open-source nature of the mythos. But I digress. It's a tricky situation! As for The Unnamed Child, I can't even come up with anything besides the Rapture interpretation.

I also agree with Visitor in that, as we get more and more writers, two for a Fear is gonna be really impractical.

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
tgecko
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:09 AM

Damned

Group: Members
Member No.: 161

I personally love the mutability and uncertainty of our canon right now. That may be just me, though. YMMV.

(Complete) Penny Dropped: An ex-con who's just trying to get back on her feet. Hi, Doc. (35 posts)
(Complete) The Games We Play: Debbie, Frog, and Clara (54 posts)
Götterdämmerung
Searching for Darcey Rose
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:10 AM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Aug 7 2012, 12:03 AM)

I.. yeah, I agree with that, personally. Actually, I had this idea long ago of combining a few of the more natural Fears into one: The Rake, The Convocation, The Intrusion. Maybe it could be The Black Dog instead of The Rake. A triad of nature. Or rather, Convocation and Intrusion would be the same general idea: Flocks of a type of creature. This way, it could allow for masses of any creature. Like a huge pack of bears. The Black Dog would be an optional omen/leader depending on the interpretation.

Note though that the Intrusion and the Convocation are very different. Aside from both being flocks of animals, they represent different things. The Convocation is more mystical, being involved with storms and such, and they can form gigantic birds. Even their servants have a mystical bent-- they house birds inside their bodies, even though there shouldn't be room in there.

Meanwhile, the Intrusion was designed specifically to be more down to earth. Its behavior is that of real parasites taken up to eleven. It's also heavily connected with rape due to the orifice invasion thing. Their servants are more science-fiction like in nature, being humans who have mutated to have more insect-like qualities.

So they're really two very different Fears.

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
tgecko
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:14 AM

Damned

QUOTE (LizardBite @ Aug 6 2012, 11:10 PM)

Note though that the Intrusion and the Convocation are very different. Aside from both being flocks of animals, they represent different things. The Convocation is more mystical, being involved with storms and such, and they can form gigantic birds. Even their servants have a mystical bent-- they house birds inside their bodies, even though there shouldn't be room in there.

Meanwhile, the Intrusion was designed specifically to be more down to earth. Its behavior is that of real parasites taken up to eleven. It's also heavily connected with rape due to the orifice invasion thing. Their servants are more science-fiction like in nature, being humans who have mutated to have more insect-like qualities.

So they're really two very different Fears.

The Intrusion to me would be more Body Horror a la John Carpenter. The Convocation is more like the mythical birds of legend, like the Thunderbird.

(Complete) Penny Dropped: An ex-con who's just trying to get back on her feet. Hi, Doc. (35 posts)
Götterdämmerung
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:41 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Okay, so we won't combine them. I was just spewing ideas.

@Tgecko: YOU INSPIRED A RAMBLE :D

Our canon would still remain absolutely free and open-source; it'd actually become moreso if we were able to portray it in such an all-encompassing manner. If you can't simplify something, it's not easy to work with. ..like, literally. That's a cause-and-effect sentence. The Fear Mythos should be easy to use and hard to master.

Since this list is on the series bible, that means this list has to represent our entire mythos. Basically, if we're gonna have this list at all, we should do it well and make it accessible to new readers and writers. It may be a lot of fun to not be sure what our Fears are, but that's not good PR.

So let's ask ourselves: Is the Fear Mythos about the Fears or about the open-source horror? It's a little bit of both, isn't it? The open-source is certainly one of our biggest appeals, from what I've been hearing. Our Fears can be written however people want. So we shouldn't have any one set interpretation on the list; it should be a collective description that conveys the general motifs. Which is what I went for with that list up there.

Furthermore, since this is obviously a list we're gonna hear a lot of "HEY CAN THIS FEAR BE PUT ON THE LIST TOO" suggestions for, the standard should be so that the list doesn't have to be constantly added to. So the Fears should be as definitive as possible, as solid as possible.

Now, this presents a paradox. How do we represent open-source creatures solidly? By going through the blogs and stories for each Fear and figuring out the common motifs, if any. If there are common motifs, let's write them using very free language.

Let's take The Grotesque as an example. There haven't been too many interpretations of The Grotesque yet, so it should be much easier to figure this out. In fact, I've already done this, and I can safely tell you that the only common motifs regarding The Grotesque are that they all involve the victim's dreams. So definitively, The Grotesque's description should consist almost entirely of

it is a Fear inside or involving a victim's dreams.

But as a side note, the most common interpretations of The Grotesque involve a set of recurring motifs set within the victim's dreams; Topography Genera and Fear Mythos: The RPG have The Grotesque/FT-LOTOPHAGI represented as elements of fire within the victims' dreams, Rapture has The Reverie portrayed as elements of water within Jordan's dreams, and alliterator's blogs and stories have The Grotesque represented as circus and carnival motifs within victims' dreams. So let's figure this out and add it:

It is a Fear inside or involving a victim's dreams or a set recurring motif within dreams (e.g. fire, water, carnival).

Then we'd list some notable stories containing The Grotesque, and that'd be it.

Do you see what I'm saying? This still allows for as much experimentation as people want, and we'd still stress throughout the rest of the series bible that people don't even have to follow these interpretations. But if we're going to have a list of vanilla Fears, let's do it well.

..I guess now I just want to ask if people are fine with my reasoning here, and if so, if anyone would please please please like to help me figure out the Fear pages for the bible.

EXHIBITS:
PM
tgecko
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:43 AM

Damned

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Aug 6 2012, 11:41 PM)
Okay, so we won't combine them. I was just spewing ideas.

@Tgecko: YOU INSPIRED A RAMBLE :D...The Fear Mythos should be easy to use and hard to master.

LIKE OTHELLO!

Anyone else play?

Götterdämmerung
PM
Visitor
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:45 AM

Bard 8 Archivist 2
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I like the minimalistic idea, but for the specific mythos bible entries we should include examples of popular interpretations as both a starting point and to provide examples for further idea-generation. This would, of course, be separate from the core description though!
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:48 AM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Thank you, Vis. That's a very good point; it would help to show the Fears in action and encourage experimentation.

Also, I renamed the thread to be more.. relevant. Still getting the hang of making important threads like this!

EXHIBITS:
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 06:01 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Well I know why this page is important. Even in an open canon there still needs to be something that connects the things in said canon. It still needs to be "The fear mythos". Having this set group of creatures keeps connectivity.

Since the alternative is just everyone making fears for their own stories with no interconnectivity. The Fear Mythos would no longer be a mythos at all.

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 06:11 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheSomnambulist @ Aug 7 2012, 07:01 PM)
Well I know why this page is important. Even in an open canon there still needs to be something that connects the things in said canon. It still needs to be "The fear mythos". Having this set group of creatures keeps connectivity.

Since the alternative is just everyone making fears for their own stories with no interconnectivity. The Fear Mythos would no longer be a mythos at all.

One could argue that it'd have even more interconnectivity, as the only way a newcomer would know about Fears would be if they read blogs and understood the Fears. But in all honesty, the more I think about the practicality of taking away the list of Fears, the more I realize it.. isn't that practical.

Besides, last night I figured out the reason behind a list of Fears: It is what represents our mythos. It is our overture, the page that introduces the key concepts and motifs for our stories. We have enough Fears to cover a majority of concepts. I think our goal with the Fears should be to make it so that every possible story can be a Fearblog. Metaphorically speaking, I stress. Because if we do it like that, we will be a truly open-source and public domain mythos, and we will be able to represent that on our bible.

But now I'm rambling. On one hand, I probably should have asked my "CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE FEAR PAGES" question on the OP. On the other, I did need to introduce the concepts of vanilla Fears and talk about my reasoning behind them.

TO SUM THINGS UP: A vanilla Fear is a Fear without any "toppings," which are the details added in individual interpretations (like The Grotesque's carnival motifs or The Archangel's Timberwolves or The Empty City's Xanadu interpretation). We need to figure out every Fear's vanilla form and write it out, adding reference links to notable blogs and making sure to mention some toppings only for reference purposes.

..I'll add that paragraph to the OP.

EXHIBITS:
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 06:24 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

And of course, the individual toppings are explained by Dimensional Bleeding!

Spoiler: (highlight to see)

DJAY: "DIMENSION" IS USED AS A SYNONYM FOR "UNIVERSE" IN THE COLLOQUIAL TONGUE. THE COLLOQUIAL TONGUE IS WHAT DEFINES LANGUAGE, AS THE PURPOSE OF LANGUAGE IS THE COMMUNICATION OF IDEAS AND THEREFORE COMMON UNDERSTANDING IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS AND AS SUCH NO DEFINITION OR RULE IS TRULY SET IN STONE SO IN SHORT DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HOW IT SHOULD BE CALLED UNIVERSAL BLEEDING.

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 06:30 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (LizardBite @ Aug 7 2012, 07:24 PM)
And of course, the individual toppings are explained by Dimensional Bleeding!

DJAY: "DIMENSION" IS USED AS A SYNONYM FOR "UNIVERSE" IN THE COLLOQUIAL TONGUE. THE COLLOQUIAL TONGUE IS WHAT DEFINES LANGUAGE, AS THE PURPOSE OF LANGUAGE IS THE COMMUNICATION OF IDEAS AND THEREFORE COMMON UNDERSTANDING IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS AND AS SUCH NO DEFINITION OR RULE IS TRULY SET IN STONE SO IN SHORT DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HOW IT SHOULD BE CALLED UNIVERSAL BLEEDING.

LizardBite, are you deliberately trying to troll me? >_> That's the only reason I can think of for bringing up something like this that isn't related to the topic.

The official explanation for why each Fear has different toppings is because they're all just different interpretations. The series bible is strictly OOG. But tell you what, if you want to add a separate paragraph regarding the subject of IG explanations, it can be added to the Final Thoughts page or whatever it was called!

AND CALLING IT A "DIMENSION" GOES DIRECTLY AGAINST THE PURPOSE OF COMMON UNDERSTANDING, AS A DIMENSION AND A UNIVERSE ARE QUITE OBVIOUSLY TWO DIFFERENT CONCEPTS AND NOT EVEN ON THE SAME PLANE OF DISCUSSION, SO BY USING THE TWO TERMS INTERCHANGEABLY, YOU ARE OBFUSCATING AND MAKING PROPER UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPTS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (23) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll