Pages: (23) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Series Bible's Fear List (IMPORTANT), Regarding "Vanilla Fears"
alliterator
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:21 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

That sounds good, though we could expand a bit more on the "it can look like the dead / it can represent the afterlife / it is the afterlife" as multiple interpretations.

Also:
Common cults include the Timberwolves and the Saviourwolves.

I have never heard of the Saviourwolves. What blog are they from? (I would include "the Apostles," since we have multiples blogs mentioning them.)

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
Channel Fear (informational, educational, cynical)
The Supernatural Anaesthetist (seeing where science takes us)
Once There Was (the king is the kingdom)
An Old Man's Winter Night (at the winter of the world)
Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (working for the man)
The Secret History of the World (unstuck in time)
Notes from the Underground (a place to stay)
Phantasmagorical (a bedtime story)
Paranoia: A Manifesto (wrecking the wall)
The Day The Music Died (running from sound and sorrow)
Abraham's Men (knights, ghosts, and shadows)
Pest Control (pulling the wings off of flies)
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:23 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (alliterator @ Aug 7 2012, 11:21 PM)
I have never heard of the Saviourwolves. What blog are they from? (I would include "the Apostles," since we have multiples blogs mentioning them.)

..note to self: take out the word "common" from that. I use that word too much, and oftentimes it's not accurate.

The Saviourwolves are, in Rapture, the American right-wing after The Ecclesiarchway brainwashed them.

EXHIBITS:
Viceking's Graab (Step inside the maze. You could spend an eternity here.)
The Mythology of Empathy (Eight songs, nine tracks. Welcome death.)
Ancestor (Five tracks. Death of the Artist and Chinese mythology.)
Fear (A visual art exhibit in blog format.)
Nobody anymore, never again (Another visual art exhibit in blog format.)
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
PLAN 31 (Frank Slenderman: Ace Attorney)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
Topography Genera (15 blogs. Conventional horror. See seas rise.)
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:24 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Re: Development Notes: like I said, the article idea was conceived as just one article, and is being written that way (I'm halfway through writing it). Splitting it between the four Fears will kill the flow.

I really think should have a running update of Fear Mythos based articles. (but that's neither here nor there)

As for the information itself, I should note that the Archangel cannot "take any form it wishes" but instead takes the forms of those who have died. Kinda misleading, the way it's written.

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:26 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

See, this is precisely why I'm posting this stuff here for proofreading. As familiar as I am with most of the Fears, it's incredibly difficult to come up with a vanilla description that encompasses the majority of possible interpretations.

..also, I'd love it if people could write some of this stuff as well. xD Archie's not one of the Fears I've read all the blogs of. Apostles though, got it, that's a much better idea. I'll swap saviourwolves for Apostles.

Any suggestions for the quote? Anyone like the gallery-of-pictures idea?

EXHIBITS:
The Everyblogger Triad: 1, 2, 3 (Embrace the bad writing, give into your psyche.)
OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (400,000 words. Five months. All Fears. Excess. On fifth draft, not final.)
PM
alliterator
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:45 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

The Saviourwolves are, in Rapture, the American right-wing after The Ecclesiarchway brainwashed them.

Oh, I must have forgotten about them. There's just so many Rapture Logs!

As for the suggestion: I'll try to write something that's still a vanilla description, but also more prosaic. Or something. (This is reminding me of trying to write those tiny descriptions for the Anthology.)

And I like the Article idea, actually. The series bible could have the Spot-On for various things - the RPG, Rapture, other blogs - and then there could be "Articles of Fear" - articles written by other bloggers about aspects of the Fear Mythos.

Do you think we could do that, DJay?

Faces, Strange and Secret: An Anthology of Stories from da Fears Mythos: on sale from Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:49 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (alliterator @ Aug 7 2012, 11:45 PM)

Oh, I must have forgotten about them. There's just so many Rapture Logs!

As for the suggestion: I'll try to write something that's still a vanilla description, but also more prosaic. Or something. (This is reminding me of trying to write those tiny descriptions for the Anthology.)

And I like the Article idea, actually. The series bible could have the Spot-On for various things - the RPG, Rapture, other blogs - and then there could be "Articles of Fear" - articles written by other bloggers about aspects of the Fear Mythos.

Do  you think we could do that, DJay?

Hey, if you guys write the article, I'll most likely post it or find some way to work it in. We've paid for the domain, so that space is ours to work with.

I should probably set the standards for Spotlight On posts somewhere. Not sure where.

EDIT: LIZARDBITE, CAN YOU POST THE RPG'S ARCHANGEL SPRITE HERE? The second form, please.

EXHIBITS:
PM
tgecko
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:57 PM

Damned

Group: Members
Member No.: 161

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Aug 7 2012, 04:26 PM)
..also, I'd love it if people could write some of this stuff as well. xD Archie's not one of the Fears I've read all the blogs of. Apostles though, got it, that's a much better idea. I'll swap saviourwolves for Apostles.

Any suggestions for the quote? Anyone like the gallery-of-pictures idea?

I'm loving the pictures. And if I have any ideas for profile descriptions, I'll post them in this thread. Does that sound okay?

(Complete) Penny Dropped: An ex-con who's just trying to get back on her feet. Hi, Doc. (35 posts)
(Complete) The Games We Play: Debbie, Frog, and Clara (54 posts)
Götterdämmerung
Searching for Darcey Rose
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 10:58 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (tgecko @ Aug 7 2012, 11:57 PM)

I'm loving the pictures.  And if I have any ideas for profile descriptions, I'll post them in this thread.  Does that sound okay?

That sounds perfect! :D I encourage that from anyone. I mean, hell. We have over twenty-two Fears, and just coming up with one vanilla description is daunting. o__e

EXHIBITS:
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:04 PM

The Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (DJay32 @ Aug 7 2012, 05:49 PM)

EDIT: LIZARDBITE, CAN YOU POST THE RPG'S ARCHANGEL SPRITE HERE? The second form, please.

I'll just post both of them.

(IMG:http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/LizardBite/Archangel.png)

(IMG:http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/LizardBite/Archangel2.png)

Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:24 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

Some notable works featuring The Archangel:
- Eccentrically Bored (Debut Archangel blog, featured gas mask interpretation and afterlife focus.)

.....what others? xD And what was notable about them? They should be different enough from Eccentrically Bored, whether it be a different interpretation altogether or simply showing that interpretation in a notably different manner.

I plan on having - OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING (Featured The Ecclesiarchway, based on the gas mask interpretation with much more focus on motifs of power, manipulation, and insecurity. Had cult called the Saviourwolves and slave armies worldwide.)

For the record, I wouldn't use Rapture on every Fear's page. xD Just Archie, Wooden Girl, EAT, slendy, Choir, Rake, and maybe Blind Man. ..and maybe Black Dog. Probably not Dying Man, as I don't see The Host as being a particularly creative interpretation; it's just a cheap scare with an iconic design. ..though I'd use a picture of The Morphs for the Convocation page, of course.

Okay wow y'know I often forget exactly how many creative interpretations of Fears I've come up with. But yeah, any objections to any of this? Most importantly, any suggestions for Archangel blogs, and what reasoning behind these suggestions? o:

EXHIBITS:
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:29 PM

Wordweaver/Neurotic individual

Group: Conspirator (Som)
Member No.: 40

Well depending on how you consider it. Hidden Triumphant should be included mainly for being the creation of Apostles. Although I think Funden abandoned hidden Triumphant

I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:32 PM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

Member No.: 3

I wanna see if I could create a few Fear profile pics, such as for the Convocation and The Dying Man. I'm already working on a picture for the Convocation. Or at least I'll try if this scanner works. I'm open to using the Morph design if I don't finish the picture though.

Angels from the Grave - introduced Timberwolves and featured prominent displays of Archangel douchebaggery.

Though, if the blog was finished, I'd request to have the Timberwolves origin blog featured. I guess I could ask to replace Angels from the Grave with it at a later date.

There are bridges over rivers. There are moments of collapse.
There are drivers with their feet on the glass.
You can kick but you can’t get out.
There is history in the Rooms of the House.
PM
ExorcistGamer
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:35 PM

Insane Brit

Member No.: 48

So far I love what I'm seeing. Sadly I haven't got any other ideas to suggest yet. I think you've covered anything I could've already said.

But like, Tgecko and alliterator, if I have any ideas or ways to help, i'll gladly help out and contribute as best I can too.

Shattered Psyche Blog Verse
Cancelled Until Reboot.

Other:
Observations of Possibilities

PM
alliterator
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:35 PM

The Jerkface Man
Group Icon

Angels from the Grave (which, I believe, introduced the Timberwolves). Psychopompos (from the perspective from a Timberwolf - PLEASE CONTINUE THIS, VIS).

Unto the Breach is also an Archangel blog, but I don't know if it introduces anything new.

My Finished Stories.

My Ongoing Stories:
PM
DJay32
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:37 PM

Sally Death
Group Icon

QUOTE (CuteWithoutThe @ Aug 8 2012, 12:32 AM)
I wanna see if I could create a few Fear profile pics, such as for the Convocation and The Dying Man. I'm already working on a picture for the Convocation. Or at least I'll try if this scanner works. I'm open to using the Morph design if I don't finish the picture though.

Angels from the Grave - introduced Timberwolves and featured prominent displays of Archangel douchebaggery.

Though, if the blog was finished, I'd request to have the Timberwolves origin blog featured. I guess I could ask to replace Angels from the Grave with it at a later date.

For the record, I'm going with the gallery ideas, so we'll be using multiple pictures per Fear. For The Archangel, we're using Jasper's picture, Cadet's FT-HADES, and LizardBite's RPG Archie form 2 sprite (because it's actually not the gas mask interpretation for once).

...and for EAT, I'll have a new Logic piece to use of Salmacis. oWe

As for the blogs, don't worry, we can put in as many as we need. As long as they're notable. If Angels from the Grave introduced Timberwolves, I consider that notable.

EXHIBITS:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (23) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll