Pages: (14) « First ... 12 13 14  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

The Red Cap, They said I'm Eldritch, so...
tgecko
 Posted: May 21 2013, 04:35 AM

Damned

Group: Members
Member No.: 161

I have an idea for the Red Cap. It ties into a lot of the misogyny and rape culture present, and Sheryl's blog kind of touched on where I wanted to go with it, but I don't think it was doing it strongly enough. To be honest, I got too tied up in the crossover posts and kind of lost my vision.

I think I have it back now, though. I want to take on the Red Cap. I'm excited about this idea, very energized.

I would also like to say that think the reason people have made it female is because it is kind of a female fear. Women have to worry about sex in a way that men don't. Have I said that before in this thread? I don't remember.

(Complete) Penny Dropped: An ex-con who's just trying to get back on her feet. Hi, Doc. (35 posts)
(Complete) The Games We Play: Debbie, Frog, and Clara (54 posts)
Götterdämmerung
Searching for Darcey Rose
PM
CuteWithoutThe
 Posted: May 21 2013, 04:42 PM

I LOVE LIZARD BITE!

Member No.: 3

I'm interested in seeing where you take this Fear! It may once again make me interested in actually using it.

There are bridges over rivers. There are moments of collapse.
There are drivers with their feet on the glass.
You can kick but you can’t get out.
There is history in the Rooms of the House.
PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 21 2013, 05:46 PM

2spooky Since 1991. OuO

Member No.: 300

I would also like to say that think the reason people have made it female is because it is kind of a female fear. Women have to worry about sex in a way that men don't.

I think that's just it. It's stereotypical and incorrect to say things like rape don't affect men, because they do. But with the current culture, at least in the States, a sexually active and open female is considered something shameful while a man who does the same is considered admirable. At the same time, a female victim of sexual assault or abuse is to be pitied and helped, while a male victim of the same crime somehow has something wrong with him, or is somehow "more deserving" of it happening because "he let a woman (or a man) take advantage of him, what kind of real man does that?" And in the same swoop, lesbians are apparently okay and "hot", but a gay male couple is "disgusting". Horrible double standard, but it's sadly the opinion of quite a few people. :c

I'm not sure how many people have played with Red Cap and double standards like these, but there's gotta be something there.

For inspirational purposes, there's currently some creep going around my neck of the woods kidnapping, sexually abusing, and then killing small-built women. I actually have started carrying mace as a weapon just in case, since I work later shifts in the evening. There could be something there with that theme and the Red Cap, if anyone is interested - I'm not exactly super interested in this particular Fear and I'm busy with other projects besides, or I'd write something with it.

You're not out of the woods yet... and you never truly will be.

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My Slendervlog ~ My (Personal) Blog

Blogs:
In The Dark Shadows ~ Between the Party Lines ~ Open Season ~ Shelly Loves Succulents ~ Night Class (STCZ) ~ Breaking The Waves (STCZ) ~ Graham, Positive ~ Twelve Days

Short Stories:
Project Him, a Slenderman vignette collection. ~ The Sycamore Project, decrypted tales of the Tall One. ~ The City claims another within its Drywall and Wiring ~ Got a MachineHead, it's better than the rest.
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 13 2014, 03:59 AM

Has a really nice vest.

Member No.: 363

That last idea sounded like a mix of smiley and the red cap. Interesting concept.

Slightly off topic: I find male homosexual couples to be just as cute/hot as female ones.

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
RedRockingHood
 Posted: Feb 13 2014, 04:27 AM

White Knight Wearing Red
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Feb 12 2014, 11:59 PM)
Slightly off topic: I find male homosexual couples to be just as cute/hot as female ones.

... Okay. Want a cookie?

Incomplete/ongoing projects:
All There Is To Life - the mundane musings of a housewife (collab with GraciousVictory).
Darker Side of Sympathy; it's almost like understanding.
The World is Crazy... We're not the crazy ones (multiple author collab).

Completed projects:
City of Sinopia - join the Scarlet-Marked.
No Cowards - stand and be brave.
Over the River, and through the woods.
Residency; mind over matter.
This Could Be Heaven or this could be hell.
Within the Game Master's Universe: Blair H, Alice Baxendale, and Marcus Finn.

Other Mythos-related projects (non-blogs):
Be Careful. You only get three.
Virtually Reality. Would you like to quit the game?
Virtually Reality 2: New Game Plus. Would you like to continue the game? (Collab with GraciousVictory.)
Creepypasta: 'The Cage', "The Suicide Note of an Anonymous Mother', and 'The Shrouded One'.
PM
NⓍFⓍurthWall
 Posted: Feb 14 2014, 02:27 AM

The Wiki-Keeper

Member No.: 178

QUOTE (theJOKER @ Feb 13 2014, 03:59 AM)

What does that have anything to do with this topic?

user posted image
(Evolve or Die logo by Pandora)
Collab Blogs:
Search In The Tale (co-written with Pandora)
Individual blogs:
Game Time (took over this blog from ZacksQuest)
PM
Funden
 Posted: Feb 14 2014, 05:37 AM

Phones

Member No.: 25

His post was directly connected to DarkShadows', imo. Whether it was extremely relevant or not is up for debate.

I sometimes still exist.
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 14 2014, 05:37 AM

Has a really nice vest.

QUOTE (NⓍFⓍurthWall @ Feb 13 2014, 07:27 PM)

What does that have anything to do with this topic?

It doesn't. But dark shadows mentioned something about it in his post. And i said: slightly off topic. Trust me, you'll get used to my randomness after a while.
And no, I dont wanna cookie, but thanks for offering.

"You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

I am the world first Moral Absurdist. I noticed that there was not a philosophical term as such, so I coined it. Moral Absurdism: The belief that the concepts of "good" and evil" do not exist, and that morality is a sham, yet deciding to embrace the absurdity of that and hold a moral system anyways. The logical conclusion of nihilism. See also: Absurdism, Existentialism.
PM
NⓍFⓍurthWall
 Posted: Feb 14 2014, 05:57 AM

The Wiki-Keeper

Member No.: 178

Her post. DarkShadows is a woman.

user posted image
(Evolve or Die logo by Pandora)
Collab Blogs:
Search In The Tale (co-written with Pandora)
Individual blogs:
Game Time (took over this blog from ZacksQuest)
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Feb 14 2014, 06:00 AM

Has a really nice vest.

Thanks. Sorry dark.
You'll also get used to my ignorance/stupidity.

PM
yeoldefreakshow
 Posted: Jul 25 2014, 11:12 AM

A person

Member No.: 340

Are the Red Cap's servants its victims?

A blog that has nothing to do with the fear mythos at all but is just a terrible attempt to be funny http://thisistheadresshi.blogspot.co.uk/
PM
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Jul 25 2014, 11:17 AM

Dum spiro, scribo

Member No.: 259

QUOTE (yeoldefreakshow @ Jul 25 2014, 11:12 AM)
Are the Red Cap's servants its victims?

In my headcanon (and the Disciples stories I never finished writing) some people become Vessels of their own accord.

user posted image
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 07:48 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

In which the Jack Of All pimp slaps a Scarlet Marked.

But yeah, for the Daniel-Verse I kind of gave the Red Cap this weird domain. I know the Capillaries or whatever is a thing, but I decided to go in my own direction and I wanna see what others think.

To give it a bit of a description, it's sort of a cross between reality and subconscious, and is therefore influenced by the minds of anyone visiting it, sometimes taking on traits from wherever they previously were, though more decrepit and with darker colors. IT becomes worse the deeper in you go, going as far as leaking blood from the walls and stuff. As the world is partially affected by the mind, the visitor's appearance or clothing may change upon entering, and they may see other people there as something else, such as Daniel perceiving the Blood Vessels and Scarlet Marked as vaguely humanoid blue things with varying levels of red aura surrounding them. IT's also possible to share memories here, although how it's done is open to speculation. The Red Cap appears there as a giant aurora compose of virtually every conceivable shade of red.

So, opinions?

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
theJOKER
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 04:24 PM

Has a really nice vest.

After reading through this thread, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has made the connection between Red Cap and The Smiling Man, as in the story I'm writing, they've basically become the same fear, or at the very least, they are intrinsically intertwined.

In other news, it's also being written as more of
the fear of shame/fear of emotions, sort of the opposite of the cold boy. It basically represents being afraid of showing who you really are inside, of letting yourself feel emotions for fear of being hurt or worse, hurting others.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (14) « First ... 12 13 14  Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll