Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

 Chapter 1 - Welome to Town
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jul 15 2012, 03:13 AM
Quote


Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Posts: 3047
Member No.: 22
Joined: 12-September 11









July 15th 20012:

For one reason or another your travels have brought each of you to Grand Rapids Michigan, the largest city in West Michigan and second largest in the whole state. Being unused to the city the stench of the hot asphalt, car exhaust, and garbage littering the streets is overwhelming as is the constant racket. In lupus form (if you want to risk being mistaken for an escaped zoo animal) it's even worse. People rush back and forth seeming to head from one building to the next rather than pausing to enjoy the spots of nature that are present even here. Of course their hurry to be indoors may have something to do with the junkies, gang bangers, dealers and prostitutes that seem to have take over the streets

Alister was told by his relative who gave him Spirits that the first thing he should do on coming to the city was to contact Frederich "Rides-the-Wire" Donaldson of the Crescent Moon Caern. The bar is in his territory and the litany demands that one respect the territory of another. He gave you both a phone number and the address to the Caern - he had you commit the address to memory though.

Pollyanna and Shie have heard of a ritual that some city Garou use to conceal messages in human media, such as newspapers, in a manner that only another Garou can read. If you pick up a newspaper (either the Grand Rapids Free Press or one of the free papers put out by various alternative culture types) you will spot a message that any new arrivals should contact Frederich "Rides-the-Wire" Donaldson, and a phone number is given but no address.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jul 15 2012, 03:28 AM
Quote


The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts: 2861
Member No.: 5
Joined: 16-May 11









QUOTE
July 15th 20012


In the grim, dark future of the 21st millennium, there is only werewolves...

(sorry, couldn't resist)

-------------------------------------

Alister takes a cab. He puts his sunglasses on, in order to protect his eyes from that damnable sun, and tries to ignore the stares people give him. He climbs in the cab, loads in his luggage, and gives the driver the address to Spirits.

Once he arrives, Alister quickly rushes to throw his luggage into his room on the top floor, then makes the journey to the Caern on foot to meet Rides-the-Wire.


Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jul 15 2012, 08:48 AM
Quote


Either the best or worst knight ever.


Group: Conspirator (IV)
Posts: 7775
Member No.: 20
Joined: 6-September 11









Polly leans against her green '99 Ford Contour and removes a cell phone that was cutting edge about four years ago from her purse. She holds the paper with one hand and dials the number with the other.


the jeanette experience:jeanette penny ten

other mythos: extra alastor abyzou caim crocodile ashleigh

finished: d charity carraway

danger time: typhon theseus echidna athena

other adventures: sasha irina alyssa

other other: destiny/shadowdestiny/mab
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jul 15 2012, 03:58 PM
Quote


Wordweaver/Neurotic individual


Group: Conspirator (Som)
Posts: 4465
Member No.: 40
Joined: 7-December 11









Shie wanders awkwardly through the city. Shie was looking for a newspaper apparently and had at least a rudimentary idea of what one was. However Shie did not have much of a clue where to get one. It was luck therefore that Shie happened to walk into a newspaper stand. Shie grinned at the luck and took a newspaper heading back towards the payphone She had passed earlier. She read the newspaper and found the number. Again thanking her luck having found that cup of change earlier in the day lying beside the strange man sleeping on the street. She proceeds to call the number after a few minutes of fiddling with the dialing pad.


I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jul 15 2012, 06:17 PM
Quote


Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Posts: 3047
Member No.: 22
Joined: 12-September 11









Alister arrives at the caern with little hassle. In the lobby a middle aged man in a Detroit Tigers cap pushes a broom across the floor while a man with a military bearing and hairstyle sits by a metal detector.

Polly and Shie reach a man who asks their location and explains that he will be sending someone to meet them for security purposes and they will be brought to Mr. Donaldson.
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jul 15 2012, 06:46 PM
Quote


Wordweaver/Neurotic individual


Group: Conspirator (Som)
Posts: 4465
Member No.: 40
Joined: 7-December 11









Looks around. "Um I'm *describes the area around her*"


I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jul 15 2012, 08:35 PM
Quote


The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts: 2861
Member No.: 5
Joined: 16-May 11









Alister removes his sunglasses and makes a mental note to take a cab back, as it looks like the sun's coming out. He looks around at the janitor and the military man. After a moment's hesitation, he decides that janitor is the less intimidating of the two, so that's the one he approaches.

"Excuse me?" He says. "Um. I'm here to see a Mr. Donaldson...?"


Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 12:01 AM
Quote


Either the best or worst knight ever.


Group: Conspirator (IV)
Posts: 7775
Member No.: 20
Joined: 6-September 11









"I'm at..." Polly glances around, and names her street address. "I got my car with me, so I might just wanna follow ya'll when you get here."


the jeanette experience:jeanette penny ten

other mythos: extra alastor abyzou caim crocodile ashleigh

finished: d charity carraway

danger time: typhon theseus echidna athena

other adventures: sasha irina alyssa

other other: destiny/shadowdestiny/mab
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote


Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Posts: 3047
Member No.: 22
Joined: 12-September 11









QUOTE (LizardBite @ Jul 15 2012, 03:35 PM)
Alister removes his sunglasses and makes a mental note to take a cab back, as it looks like the sun's coming out. He looks around at the janitor and the military man. After a moment's hesitation, he decides that janitor is the less intimidating of the two, so that's the one he approaches.

"Excuse me?" He says. "Um. I'm here to see a Mr. Donaldson...?"


The janitor looks you up and down and nods his head. "We've been expecting you son. Just talk to Evan over by the metal detector and he'll show you to Mr. Donaldson's private express elevator. Make sure you hand over any weapons you've got on you before you go through the metal detector though or he'll get a mite upset with you. He'll give them back after you've spoken with the boss."

Assuming you don't cause any trouble with the guard and don't trigger the metal detector you're waived through the detector and shown to the elevator.
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 07:46 PM
Quote


The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts: 2861
Member No.: 5
Joined: 16-May 11









Alister fidgets nervously in the elevator. When it reaches its destination and the door opens, he takes a deep breath to calm himself.


Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 07:56 PM
Quote


Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Posts: 3047
Member No.: 22
Joined: 12-September 11









"That will be fine Ms. Vollan. We need to pick up another newcomer anyway so that will be helpful."

Shortly after making the call Shie is met by a man in an Eye in the Sky security uniform (sans gun and Kevlar) driving a black car that even with her lack of experience with the human world looks expensive. Probably far more money than was in the cup of change she took from the sleeping man. The guard sniffs the air a moment, nods approvingly and after making sure no humans are nearby introduces himself as Philip Williams of the Glasswalker tribe. Before allowing Shie into the car he requests that she hand over any weapons she might have until after her meeting with Mr. Donaldson. He assures you that they will be returned promptly after the meeting is over. He informs Shie that there is another new arrival in town that he has to collect and heads out with Shie to contact Polly. While driving he keeps checking his mirrors as if worried he might be followed.

Reaching Poly he follows the same procedure, although he also asks that she hand over any weapons that may be in her vehicle with the same promise that they will be returned to her after the meeting. He then proceeds straight to the Crescent Moon investment company. Alister will have already gotten on the elevator at this point so you see only the janitor and security guard at the moment. You can see a family resemblance between the guard in the lobby and the one who picked you up.
PM
proxiehunter
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 08:15 PM
Quote


Favored Servant
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Posts: 3047
Member No.: 22
Joined: 12-September 11









QUOTE (LizardBite @ Jul 16 2012, 02:46 PM)
Alister fidgets nervously in the elevator. When it reaches its destination and the door opens, he takes a deep breath to calm himself.


A voice calls out from the office "Come in Alister, I've been expecting you." The office is lushly decorated with sculptures of birds and animals and paintings of vibrant wild landscapes. The Sept Alpha sits behind a desk atop which sits a very state of the art computer. "I've spoken with your uncle and he's told me a lot about you." He looks you square in the eye momentarily, not seeming to react to your deformity at all. "The first thing I want to make sure you're aware of is that in this sept your parentage is not an issue. The crime was theirs, not yours, and you will be treated respectfully as long as you behave in a manner deserving that respect. It is possible that not all of the younger Garou are on the same page here but this is the position of the sept Elders and if necessary we will beat it into anyone that fails to understand. Now, I'm hoping to hear that Spirits will be reopening soon, I did love that bar when your uncle was running it."
PM
LizardBite
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 09:23 PM
Quote


The Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Posts: 2861
Member No.: 5
Joined: 16-May 11









Not quite sure what to do or how to respond, Alister awkwardly attempts a gesture that appears to be some kind of bizarre hybrid of a bow and a genuflect. "Um, thank you sir. I'll try to get the bar running as soon as I can."


Seann Reads: Wherein I babble a lot
Myths and Monsters: Wherein I talk about mythical creatures
user posted image

Avalon's Reign
PM
TheSomnambulist
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 11:51 PM
Quote


Wordweaver/Neurotic individual


Group: Conspirator (Som)
Posts: 4465
Member No.: 40
Joined: 7-December 11









Shie watches the car with awe as it drives up. Immediately managing to grasp that this car represented vast wealth and thus power. Incapable of understanding that there is power other than physical or spiritual she immediately assumes the owner must be very strong and takes on a cautious attitude when he speaks to her. She immediately hands over her weapons and gets into the car.

(Does she have any weapons not sure how it works exactly. I assume to have a weapon at start I'd of needed to take the equipment thing. If not I'd probably assume she's carrying a knife at most.)


I'm not crazy I just use a different definition of sanity...

The Forum Blunt Instrument. "Because sometimes the only way to get through to someone is with a sledgehammer."

Archon of Chaos.

Leader of the Cult of Filik.

Amalgam series goes in this order
Prestidigitation>Urban Malefic>The World Through These Eyeholes>Cold and Lonely Days>Metaphysical Fiction and Dawghouse>No Gods No Masters>Unlikely World>Epilogic
>Cresting The Wave

Extra stories that tie into The Somniverse at points and are not linked in the stories.
Sing to me Songs of The darkness>The One and Only
Last Rites
PM
GraciousVictory
 Posted: Jul 17 2012, 01:08 AM
Quote


Either the best or worst knight ever.


Group: Conspirator (IV)
Posts: 7775
Member No.: 20
Joined: 6-September 11









Polly nods and rummages around in her car for a few moments before turning and handing over a switchblade and a 9mm pistol.

"Y'all take care of those." She says as the man takes them.


the jeanette experience:jeanette penny ten

other mythos: extra alastor abyzou caim crocodile ashleigh

finished: d charity carraway

danger time: typhon theseus echidna athena

other adventures: sasha irina alyssa

other other: destiny/shadowdestiny/mab
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll