Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll

Who wants to write card games!?, for a thing
Acelegin
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 04:00 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 132

So! I'm not going to restart the Daniel-Verse quite yet, but when I do, I gonna keep all my card games in one place. What place, you ask? Why, a blog! A multi-user blog run by the late Gordon Tayler's servants. And as a multi-user blog, I'm offering you guys the oppertunity to help me with it. You don't have to, but if you want in, it'd be awesome.

Don't know who Gordon's servants are? Well, here's a list;

Rillek

The only human member of the group, and their current leader, since I kinda killed off Gordon. He's a former servant of the Glitch, and wheres a black mask with a red scar on one eye. He's a very serious, no nonsense guy, who is commited to completing the vague instructions Gordon left before his death. Rillek plays with a Smiling Man deck, which makes use of special monsters called "Chaos Flower"s. These monsters (monstly level 4 dark plants) gain special powers while he has the "Language Of Flowers" in play. His deck is built to counter almost any strategy he comes up against. He prefers the use of fusion monsters, as opposed to synchro and xyz monsters, although he does have one of each in his deck, just in case. In his past, he was a good duelist, who lost to Jack Of All, and was forced to serve the Glitch as a result. He ended up losing a duel to Saylo, and was recruited by Gordon afterwards, as some sort of unexplained bargain with the Glitch.

Veis

I'm writing this one myself, but I figured I should write about him anyway. Veis was initially a Word, serving the Marchen. He lost to Saylo, and was revived as a Shoggoth. He now serves Gordon. Veis is extremely laid back, and plays with a Cold Boy deck. He focuses on Water monster of level 3 or 8, and has a number of cards that are activated by being banished from his graveyard. He starts off his duels by giving his opponent advantages, usually by increasing their life points or letting them draw with card effects. However, he soon retracts his kindness with lockdown strategies and rapidly bringing out his best monsters. His odd duel style puts him at odds with Rillek, but they both respect each other as duelists, and often spar. He's a lot more laid back and care free than the others, and is somewhat cocky.

Etra

Like Veis, she was originally a Word, and was a member and possible leader of a village of elves. She was briefly possessed by a fake Judgement created by the Tale Weaver, and was forced to duel Saylo. She was later forced to duel Saylo again, as herself, and was killed. She was revived as a Shoggoth and given to Gordon. Her deck revolves around "Armored Elf" cards. They are mostly level 4 warriors, named after characters from Arthurian legend. She uses some cards to increase them to level 8, so she can bring out her ace card, the "Armored Elf, Drow King". She is the only member of the group to not use Fear cards. She usually reserved and quiet, and is probably the nicest member of the group.

Vocallass

Vocallass was originally a Thoughtborn, and the creator and controller of all Vocaloids. She was extracted from the internet and given a Shoggoth body by Gordon. She plays with a Fusilier/Cyber dragon deck, after her old Vocaloid deck was destroyed, and tends to focus on xyz summoning her "Chaos Droid" cards. Her ace card is "The Manufactured Newborn", and her deck is structured to work with it's unusual effect. She is a lot crueler than her teammates, and is somewhat reluctant to work with them. Also, as the former operative behind the Vocaloids, she has an amazing singing voice.

So, if anyone's interested in being Rictor, Etra, or Vocallass, let me know and I'll answer any questions you have about the characters and I'll give you further details of their decks. I'll also teach you how to properly write card games (like what I do) if you want me too. So, who's down for this shit!?

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me
And the one shot blog Fear The Biker

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;
The Legendary Blog Of Acelegin

My quizilla account
PM
Vinyl Asylum
 Posted: Sep 30 2014, 09:31 PM

Corrupted

Group: Members
Member No.: 376

QUOTE (Acelegin @ Sep 29 2014, 11:00 AM)
So! I'm not going to restart the Daniel-Verse quite yet, but when I do, I gonna keep all my card games in one place. What place, you ask? Why, a blog! A multi-user blog run by the late Gordon Tayler's servants. And as a multi-user blog, I'm offering you guys the oppertunity to help me with it. You don't have to, but if you want in, it'd be awesome.

Don't know who Gordon's servants are? Well, here's a list;

Rillek

The only human member of the group, and their current leader, since I kinda killed off Gordon. He's a former servant of the Glitch, and wheres a black mask with a red scar on one eye. He's a very serious, no nonsense guy, who is commited to completing the vague instructions Gordon left before his death. Rillek plays with a Smiling Man deck, which makes use of special monsters called "Chaos Flower"s. These monsters (monstly level 4 dark plants) gain special powers while he has the "Language Of Flowers" in play. His deck is built to counter almost any strategy he comes up against. He prefers the use of fusion monsters, as opposed to synchro and xyz monsters, although he does have one of each in his deck, just in case. In his past, he was a good duelist, who lost to Jack Of All, and was forced to serve the Glitch as a result. He ended up losing a duel to Saylo, and was recruited by Gordon afterwards, as some sort of unexplained bargain with the Glitch.

Veis

I'm writing this one myself, but I figured I should write about him anyway. Veis was initially a Word, serving the Marchen. He lost to Saylo, and was revived as a Shoggoth. He now serves Gordon. Veis is extremely laid back, and plays with a Cold Boy deck.  He focuses on Water monster of level 3 or 8, and has a number of cards that are activated by being banished from his graveyard. He starts off his duels by giving his opponent advantages, usually by increasing their life points or letting them draw with card effects. However, he soon retracts his kindness with lockdown strategies and rapidly bringing out his best monsters. His odd duel style puts him at odds with Rillek, but they both respect each other as duelists, and often spar. He's a lot more laid back and care free than the others, and is somewhat cocky.

Etra

Like Veis, she was originally a Word, and was a member and possible leader of a village of elves. She was briefly possessed by a fake Judgement created by the Tale Weaver, and was forced to duel Saylo. She was later forced to duel Saylo again, as herself, and was killed. She was revived as a Shoggoth and given to Gordon. Her deck revolves around "Armored Elf" cards. They are mostly level 4 warriors, named after characters from Arthurian legend. She uses some cards to increase them to level 8, so she can bring out her ace card, the "Armored Elf, Drow King". She is the only member of the group to not use Fear cards. She usually reserved and quiet, and is probably the nicest member of the group.

Vocallass

Vocallass was originally a Thoughtborn, and the creator and controller of all Vocaloids. She was extracted from the internet and given a Shoggoth body by Gordon. She plays with a Fusilier/Cyber dragon deck, after her old Vocaloid deck was destroyed, and tends to focus on xyz summoning her "Chaos Droid" cards. Her ace card is "The Manufactured Newborn", and her deck is structured to work with it's unusual effect. She is a lot crueler than her teammates, and is somewhat reluctant to work with them. Also, as the former operative behind the Vocaloids, she has an amazing singing voice.

So, if anyone's interested in being Rictor, Etra, or Vocallass, let me know and I'll answer any questions you have about the characters and I'll give you further details of their decks. I'll also teach you how to properly write card games (like what I do) if you want me too. So, who's down for this shit!?

I'm up for writing really any of them if you can give me some more detailed info in a PM. Vocallass seems the coolest but I'd be cool with writing as any of them, really.

FEAR MYTHOS BLOGS
-David's Dream Journal
(http://ofnightmaresanddreams.blogspot.com/)
-Calls of the Silent Forsaken
(http://hearthemcallingfromoutside.blogspot.com/)
-Aboard the Dreadnaught (http://inthehallsofdeathsship.blogspot.com/)
SLENDER MAN MYTHOS BLOGS
-Pictures of Nature
(http://imagesfromtheworldaroundus.blogspot.com/)
NONFICTION BLOGS
-Musings
(https://www.tumblr.com/blog/musingsonhorrorandotherstuff)
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 12:56 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

QUOTE (Vinyl Asylum @ Sep 30 2014, 01:31 PM)

I'm up for writing really any of them if you can give me some more detailed info in a PM. Vocallass seems the coolest but I'd be cool with writing as any of them, really.

All right. I'll shoot you a PM sometime tomorrow.

The Daniel-Verse;
Daniel & Friends, A New Fear Will Soon Be Born, The Butterfly Proxy, My Soul Is On Fire, Studying Egypt/ The Darkness Has Empowered Me

Also part of the Daniel-Verse is the Game Master's Tournament (other authors involved) and the Tale Weaver's Challenges (other authors involved, managed by ZacksQuest)

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 04:48 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Hey guys, I wrote a card game. Veis, Vocallass, and Etra vs. Daniel. Enjoy.

The three of us left the nightclub at around 3 A.M. It's noit my favorite hangout spot, but we had time off, and Vocallass likes going there, so I decided not to argue. It was on the way back to base that we saw him.
"Ferris!" Vocallass hissed.
She was right. Daniel Ferris was walking down the street ahead of us. Vocallass made to go after him, but I put a hand on her shoulder.
"He's not a target," I reminded her. "Rictor said not to try anythnig with him."
"Screw that!" Vocallass said. "I'm taking that guy down."
"Need I remind you that we've been drinking?" I asked.
"You had like, two beers!" Vocallass said. "You're fine! And can't elves hold their liquor?"
"Yes, we can," Etra said from my other side. "Veis is kind of a lightweight because he's a Jotun."
"Half Jotun," I reminded her. "And I'm not that lightweight."
"Half?" Vocallass asked, raising an eyebrow.
"The Marchen gave me a weird backstory," I explained.
Evidently, Daniel heard us, because he slowed down a bit and looked over his shoulder. ?He noticed Vocallass and immediately froze in place. We stopped too. We just stared at each other for a moment. Then he turned and ran down an alley.
"Come on!" Vocallass said. "After him!"
She ran off, and Etra and I followed.
"This is a really bad idea!" I called after her. She ignored me.
Eventually, he stopped in a park and turned to face us. He already had his duel disk strapped to his wrist. He was leading us here.
"Been a while, Vocallass," he said. "Who're your friends?"
I stepped forward.
"I'm Veis Verdith," I told him. "This is Etra."
"H-Hi," Etra stammered.
"Let's go already!" Vocallass demanded. "Me and you! Now!"
"Hold up a bit," Daniel said. "If I beat you, I'll just have to take on these other two next. Why don't you all three play me?"
"No way!" Vocallass snapped. "You're mine!"
"I like that idea, actually," I said.
"What!?" Vocallass snapped, this time at me.
"Um...," Etra said.
"Me, Vocallass, and Etra, versus you," I said. "The three of us will share life life points, and you can take a turn between all of us. Sound fair?"
"Sure," I said. "Etra?"
"Uh... okay," she said nervously.
"I hate you all," Vocallass said.
"Let's make this a bit more interesting," Daniel said, holding up a bunch of cards for us to see. "I'll duel without using any of my Fear cards."
"If you insist," I said.
"Okay," Etra said, looking slightly relieved.
"Wait a minute...," Vocallass said. "That's not right."
"What's not?" I ased.
"Last time I saw him, he only had the four," she said. "Look now."
I did. Four effect monsters. One xyz monster. One synchro monster. Three fusions. He had nine. His Fear collection had more than doubled. I was suddenly glad he wasn't planning to use them.
"I'll let you go first," I said to him.

"Okay!" Daniel said. "I'll draw!"
He drew a card, and then examined his hand, with a grimace.
"I'll end my turn," he muttered.

Must not have drawn a very good starting hand. I got ready to take my turn, but Vocallass beat me to it.

"I draw!" she said.
I briefly considered argueing against her going first, but than decided against it.
"I normal summon Cyber Dragon Zwei!" she said.
A mechanical, serpentine dragon appeared on her field. It was level 4, with 1500 attack.
"Next, I use the spell card Light and Dark Coalition!" she said. "If I control a Light monster, I can special summon a Dark monster from my hand with the same monster type and a lower level! I use this effect to special summon Thoughtborn Vocallass!"
And then a replica of her appeared on her field. Not joking. It was level 2 with 700 attack points.
"Then I'll use my card's effect!" She said. "By paying 500 of my life points..."
Our life points...
"I can have each player draw two cards!" she finished.
All four of us drew two cards from our decks. I got some stuff I could use later. Not bad, I guess.
"Then I eqip Cyber Dragon Zwei with Synchro Boost!" Vocallass said. "This card increases its level by one, and its attack power by 500! And next I'll tune my level 2 Vocallass to my now level 5 Cyber Dragon!"
Her Vocallass split into a pair of glowing rings, and her cyber dragon passed through them, dissolving into a set of 5 stars. There was a flash of light, and a monstrous tower, made of both flesh and steel, rose behind Vocallass, looming over us. It was a level 7 monster, with 2500 attack points.
"I synchro summon the Manufactured Newbron!" She said. "And now I'll attack with him!"
Wires lashed out from her monster, whipping Daniel. His life dropped from the full 8000 to 5500. You see, this is why I didn't want us to duel drunk. If Vocallass's head was slightly clearer, she would have waited before synchro summoning her monster, and instead attacked with her powered up Cyber Dragon Zwei and Thoughtborn Vocallass. That would have dealt 2700 damage, and then she could have synchro summoned in mainphase 2. Sometimes, an extra 200 damage can make a huge difference. But, I guess 2500 is a decent number.
Daniel got up, and brushed himself off as if it was nothing.
"You done yet?" he asked.
"I set two cards and end my turn," she growled.
"I guess you're up, Dan," I said.

"My move," he said, drawing a card. "I normal summon Gimmick Puppet Des Troy."
The monster he summoned was a grotesque looking doll, which looked like a horse made of several more-or-less humanoid puppets crunched together. It was level 4, with 1200 attack.
"I activate my monster's effect," he said. "One time only, I can destroy a Gimmick Puppet monster I control. I'll have Des Troy use this effect on itself."
His monster exploded. It looked kind of cool.
"Why would he do that?" Etra asked.
"Because of Des Troy's effect," Vocallass said.
"Since Des Troy was sent from the field to the graveyard, I can now special summon up to 2 Gimmick Puppet monsters from my hand. I summon Gimmick Puppet Nightmare and Gimmick Puppet Dreary Doll!"
Nigthmare was a freeky looking doll which looked like two other dolls stuck together, having 2000 attack. Dreary Doll was a little porceline figure resting in a coffin, with 0 attack. They were both level 8.
"Next, snce you've got a monster out, and the only monsters I have out are Gimmick Puppets, I can special summon Gimmick Puppet Magnet Doll!"
This one was another level 8, with 1000 attack points. It resembled a man composed of what I assume are oddly shaped magnets.
"Now, I build the overlay network with these 3 level 8 monsters!" Daniel said. "I xyz summon Number 88; Gimmick Puppet Of LEo!"
his monster were pulled into a vortex, and a giant creature appeared on his field. It was a magnificent doll, with a Lion shaped head. It was a rank 8 xyz monster with 3200 attack and three overlay units, in the form of glowing orbs orbitting it.
"I detach one yz material from this monster to add a Destiny Counter to it," Daniel said.
One of the glowing orbs was absorbed into his monster's giant sword.
"Then I end my turn," Daniel said.
"Okay," I said. "I'm not too familiar with the Gimmick Puppet Archetype. What do destiny counters do, and why isn't he attacking?"
"He can't attack the turn he uses Leo's effect," Vocallass said. "And if we let that thing get 3 destiny counters, he'll win the game automatically."
"Well, that's not good," I said. "Etra, you're up. Try and take that thing out, okay?"

"I'll try," Etra said, drawing a card. "I activate the spell card Elven Pass. By discarding Armored Elf Lancelot from my hand, I can move one Armored Elf card to the top of my deck."
She discarded a card and moved another card to the top of her deck.
"Next, I normal summon Armored Elf Arthur!" she said.
A fair-looking elf wearing fancy armor appeared on the field. It was level 4, with 1800 attack.
"Due to Arthur's effect, I can reveal the top card of my deck," she said. "And if it's an Armored Elf card, I can special summon it in defense mode."
No wonder she used that spell card to rig her deck.
"The card I reveal is Armored Elf Guinavere!" she announced. "Now, I special summon her in defense mode."
Guinavere was a level 8 elf woman with 2500 attack and 2000 defense.
"Next, I equip the Manufactured Newborn with Elven Armor," she said. "As long as it's equipped with this card, it can be treated as an Armored Elf monster."
"I see," Daniel said.
"Now, I use Guinavere's effect," Etra said. "I can make all Armored Elf cards I control become level 8 until the end phase. And I use these three monsters to perform an xyz summon!"
Arthur, Guinavere, and the Newborn were pulled into another portal, and a black skinned elf with silver hair appeared on our field. It had 4000 attack, and three units.
"This is my ace card, the Armored Elf Drow king," she said.
"I know," Daniel said. "I read Saylo's blog. And David's."
"Wait, you mean...?" I said.
"I know you guys' dueling styles," Daniel said. "Not perfectly, but I'm familiar with your cards more or less. This thing can detach its units to weaken my monsters and negate their effect, but only when it or anther monster comes into play. And once it runs out of xyz materials, its attack become 5000."
"Yes," Etra confirmed. "And I'll use his effect now, so Leo loses 1000 attack points."
One of the overlay units dissapeared, and he monster release a wave of dark energy. Gimmick Puppet of Leo dropped to 2200 attack.

"I'll now attack!" Etra said.
Leo was destroyed, and Daniel was reduced to 3700 life points.
"I set one card and end my turn," Etra said.

"My move again," Daniel said. He drew his card. "I normal summon Gimmick Puppet Gear Changer."
A small looking puppet that seamed to be made from a gearshift appeared. It was level 1 with 0 attack.
"Okay," Etra said.
Smart girl. She knew better than to waste her Drow's overlay units on a weak monster like that.
"Next, I banish Des Troy from my graveyard to revive Dreary Doll," Daniel said.
His Dreary Doll returned to the field. Etra nodded for him to continue.
"I now use Gear Chnger's effect," Daniel said. "I can make its level equal to the level of another Gimmick Puppet monster I control. I'll have it match Dreary Doll's 8."
Two level 8 monsters. I could see where this was going.
"I overlay my two level eight monsters," Daniel said. "I xyz summon Number 40; Gimmick Puppet of Strings!"
His new monster had 3000 attack points, and resemblesd a puppet held together with strings, with a single wing and a broad sword in one hand.
"I use Drow King's effect," Etra said. "I detach one of his xyz materials to negate your monster's effect and reduce its attack power by 1000."
"I activate the spell card Junk Puppet," Daniel said. "With it, I revive one Gimmick Puppet monster from my graveyard. I choose Number 88; Gimmick Puppet Of Leo!"
His Leo returned to the field. Sure, it couldn't use its effect since it had no materials, but it was still a 3200 attack point power house.
"I use Drow King's effect again!" Etra said. "I detach his last overlay unit to reduce your monster's attack by 1000!"
Leo dropped down to 2200 again.
"Since my monster has no materials left, he become 5000," Etra said.
Daniel just smiled like that. I realized right away what was up. He had wanted her to use up the last of its overlay units.
"I tribute Number 40 to special summon Gimmick Puppet Nightmare from my hand!" he said.
Anther of those freaky Nightmare cards appeared on his field.
"Since Nightmare was summoned this way, I can special summon another Gimmick Puppet Nightmare from my graveyard!" he said.
His Nightmare split into two seperate dolls, both level 8.
"With these two level 8 Nightmare's I build the overlay network!" Daniel said. "I xyz summon another Number 40; Gimmick Puppet of Strings!"
Again, Strings appeared on his field.
"I detach one xyz material from this card to place a String Counter on each monster in play, except for this card," Daniel said.
Both Leo and Drow King were bound in strings.
"So what do these do?" I asked.
"During our next end phase, all monsters with String counters are destroyed," Vocallass said. "And then we take 500 damage for each of them."
"Shit," I said. "So I'll have to get rid of Drow king and Leo on my turn, before that effect kicks in?"
"I don't thing Daniel will let you," Etra said. "Look."
I looked at Daniel. He had this malicious smile on his face. Shit.
"I activate the quickplay spell card, Rank-Up Magic Quick Chaos!" he announced. "With this card, I can rank up any Number card I control!"
"Shit," I muttered.
"I rank up my rank 8 Gimmick Puppet of Strings!" Daniel said. "I now xyz summon the rank 9, Chaos Number 40, Gimmick Puppet Of Dark Strings!"
His Strings card just got a lot more terrifying. It was now rank 9, with 3300 attack points.
"I activate Dark Strings' effect!" Daniel said. "When this card is summoned, I can destroy every monster with a String Counter on it!"
Both Leo and Drow King werte crushed by his monster's strings.
"Now, you take damage equal to the highest original attack amongst the destroyed monsters," Daniel said. "That would be Armored Elf, Drow King!"
Drow King had an original attack of 4000. So his xyz monster slashed us with its giant sword, dealing us that much damage and reducing us to 3500.
"Now, I'll use Dark String's to attack you directly!"
"I activate a trap card!" Vocallass said. "Half Or Nothing! Now, your monster either loses half of its attack this turn, your your battle phase is ended. You choose!"
"I'll choose to cut Dark String's power in half!" Daniel said. "And I'll continue my attack!"
We took 1650 damage from that assault. We dropped down to 1850.
"I set two cards and end my turn," Daniel said.

Now I was up to bat. I held my breathe, hoping for something good, and drew. The card I drew from my deck was glowing brightly, and as the light faded, I realized it was a card I had never seen or used before. But it was a card that could help. I placed it into my hand.
"Let my start off with an apology," I said. "We took you on three-on-one, which is a little unfair. LEt me make it up to you. I play the spell card Cold Gift. With it, you gain 2000 life points."
"Why thank you," Daniel said, calmly, as his life points rose to 5700. "I'd be flattered if I didn't know what comes next."
"Of course," I said. "Do to Cold Gift's effect, I can special summon a Cold monster from my hand. I summon the Cold Boy!"
A level 8 monster appeared. My Fear card. A young boy, with pale skin and icy blue hair. A chill fell over the park as it appeared. The Cold Boy. 2400 attack, 1800 defense. My ace.
"So this is your card," Daniel said.
"That's right," I said. "Next, I set one card face down."
Time to try out my new card.
"I activate a spell card from my hand!" I said. "The Word Of Truth!"
A bright Light glowed from the card, and Daniel clutched his head. He seemed to be in pain for a moment, but then he started laughing. Crazed laughter. He looked up at me.
"That's interesting...," he said.
"What is?" I asked.
"I just saw something, "he said. "I know... about Gordon."
Weird. I guess using Word Of Truth causes my opponent to have some kind of vision. But of what?
"What about Gordon?" I asked.
"Beat me, and I'll tell you," he said, still smiling.
"fine," i said. "Deal."
"So what does The Word Of Truth do?" Daniel asked.
"It has five different effects," I said. "And I'll be using number 3. By banishing a card on my field, I draw one card."
I banished the card I had just set and drew.
"Neat," Daniel said. "Anything else?"
"Why yes, actually," I said. "That card just banished? It was Xyz Dimension Splash."
"Oh," Daniel said. "Crap..."
"When this set card is banished, I can special summon 2 level 8 water monsters from my deck!" I said. "I summon Cold Parsec and cold Eatos!"
A large dragon and a woman in tribal gear appeared. Their effects were negated, and they couldn't attack, but I could still use them.
"Next, I normal summon Child Of The cold!" I said.
a level three monster with 1400 attack. It immediately froze solid. Downside to Cold Boy's effect. As long as he's out, my opponent's monsters can't attack the turn they're normal summoned. And neither can mine. But it didn't matter. I wasn't planning to attack.
"Since I summoned one Child Of The Cold, I can special summon another Child Of The Cold from my hand!" I said.
Another appeared. Perfect.
"I overlay my two level 3 Children of the Cold to xyz summon my Cold Knight!" I announced.
My new monster was a warrior wearing icy armor. He had 1800 attack points.
"Next, I overlay my level 8 Cold Parsec and Cold Eatos!" I said. "With them, I xyz summon Cryo Cross!"
This one was a knight carrying a giant cross made from ice. He had 2800 attack points.
"Damn," Daniel said. "That's a lot of monster."
"You haven't seen anything yet," I said. "I activate the effect of the Cold Boy. By discarding a card, I can Seal one of your face down cards for the remained of the turn. I choose the one on the left."
His face down card froze over.
"Then, I use Cryo Cross's effect," I said. "I detach an xyz material from him to cut Dark Strings' attck power in half!"
"Terrific," Daniel said.
"I'll use Cold night's effect next," I said. "By using an xyz material, your monster loses another 300 attack for each water monster I control, which adds up to 900."
His monster dropped to 750 attack points.
"Now, I'll use Cryo Cross to attack your monster!" I said.
"I use the trap card Draining Shield!" Daniel said. "Your attack is negated, and I gain life points equal to your monster's attack power."
"I don't think so," I said. "I activate the quickplay spell card Cold Memory. By cutting Cold Knight's attack power in half until the end phase, I can make use of one normal or quickplay spell card in my graveyard. I choose The Word Of Truth!"
"Again?" Daniel asked.
"That's right," I said. "But this time, I'm using its second effect. By increasing your life points by 1000, your trap card's effect is negated!"
Daniel's life increased to 6700, and his Draining Shield was destroyed. My attack continued, and Cryo Cross destroyed his Gimmick Puppet. He took 2050 damage, reducing him to 4650.
"Do to Cryo Cross's effect, you take 1000 points of damage," I said.
his life dropped to 3650.
"Now, I attack with Cold Knight, for 900!" I said.
Daniel's life was reduced to 2750.
"And finally, I declare a direct attack with the Cold Boy!" I said.
that last attack dropped him down to 350. Fel fell over onto his back. We were in the lead again.
"I end my turn," I said.

Daniel sarted laughing. Hr started laughing hard. He got back to his feet, and looked up at me. His eyes were fucing crazy.
"You're good," Daniel said. "But now it's my turn."
Daniel drew a card and looked at it.
"I banish gimmick Puppet of Leo from my graveyard!" he said. "Now, I revive Dreary Doll again!"
His creepy coffin doll reappeared.
"Next, I use a second copy of junk Puppet!" he said. "And with it, I bring back Gimmick Puppet Magnet Doll!"
Magnet Doll came back, alongside his Dreary Doll. Shit.
"I now build the overlay network with these 2 level 8 monsters!" he said. "I xyz summon Number 15; Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder!"
This time, his monster was a huge creature, bound to some kind of torture chair, with a hole in its chest. It had 1500 attack and 2500 defense.
"I use Giant Grinder's effect!" Daniel said. "By detaching an overlay unt, I can destroy a special summoned monster, and if that monster is an xyz monster, you take damage equal to its attack points! I target Cryo Cross!"
Cryo Cross had 2800 attack, and we had 1850 life. We were in trouble.
"I activate a trap!" Vocallass said. "Strength Of The Tower!"
Our life points rose to 3350.
"Since I have the Manufactured Newborn in my graveyard, we gain 1500 life points!" She said.
Cryo Cross was destroyed and we took 2800 damage, bringing us down to 550. Great timing, Vocallass.
"I use Giant Grinder's effect again," Daniel said. "This time, I target Cold Knight!"
"I activate my own trap card!" Etra said. "Strength Of The Drow! If I have Armored Elf Drow King in my graveyard, we gain another 1500 life points!"
Our life rose to 2050. Giant Grinder's effect wiped out Cold Knight and reduced us to 250.
"Great," I said. "Looks like we'll make it another round."
"I don't think so," Daniel said, laughing. "I attack the Cold Boy with Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder!"
"What!?" Etra gasped.
"He's crazy!" Vocallass said.
"You're going to lose if you do that!" I ponted out.
"You seem to be forgetting something," Daniel said. "That trap you sealed last turn? I can use it again!"
"Oh," I said. "Crap..."
"I activate Inverse Universe!" he said. "With this card, the attack and defense of all effect monsters in play are switched!"
My Cold Boy dropped to 1800 attack, while his Gimmick Puppet rose to 2500. His attack hit. As a Fear card, my Cold Boy survived. But we didn't. Our life points fell to 0. I fell to my knees, panting. The thing about being a Shoggoth built to duel; losing drains you of your strength. Daniel just turned around and walked away, leaving there.

"That guy," I said. "Is hardcore..."
"I'll get him next time!" Vocallass growled.
"Yeah," I said. "Sure thing."

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 13 2015, 07:36 PM

The Ace
Group Icon

Okay, I'm hopefully gonna get this blog started in a week. I keep putting it off because writing card games takes a while. Speaking of which, if anyone else would like to volunteer to lighten my load by writing one or more of the other characters, let me know.

In other news, I wrote another card game to explain why Daniel had all those extra Fear cards in the 3-on-1 duel above. Enjoy.

I awoke in the Streams of Destiny, beneath a bright, color changing sky. Which was weird for two reasons. One, I hadn't fallen asleep anywhere near the Streams of Destiny. Two, last time I checked, the Streams of Destiny had grown dark and corrupted from an unknown source.
I stood up and looked around. A man was standing on the other side of one of the streams, watching me. He was dressed in a light brown robe, with a hood concealing most of his face.
“Who're you?” I demanded.
“I'd rather not say,” he replied. He sounded young. About my age, maybe less. “Just call me whatever you want.”
“Hoodwink,” I said.
“Excuse me?” he said.
“That's what I'm gonna call you,” I said. “Hoodwink.”
“Fine,” he sighed. “I'm sure you wanna know why you're her-”
“You wanna play a card game with me,” I said before he could finish.
“How-?” he started.
“You're wearing a duel disk,” I said, cutting him off again.
“Oh,” he said. “Right. That...”
I sighed wearily. Card games just keep happening. It's fuckin' weird.
“The Streams Of Destiny shall serve as our field spell,” he said. “Do you accept my challenge?”
“Well, I obviously don't have a choice in the matter, so sure! Let's play a fucking card game...”

I got ready and drew my starting hand. I blinked. I'm pretty sure what I wasn't using one of my decks. I say this because none of my decks use Timberwolf cards.

“I'll go first!” I said. “I summon TimberWolf Simensis!”
A man in a leather jacket with a set of brass knuckles appeared on my field. He was a level 4 Dark warrior with 1400 attack and 0 defense.
“Then I set a card and end my turn,” I said.

“I draw,” Hoodwink said. “Then I activate the continuous spell card Guarded Treasure!”
Oh boy. I've had this card used against me before. Works well in an Exodia of Slifer deck.
“Now, by discarding 5 cards, I can draw two more,” he said. “Also, I can draw an extra card each turn.”
He discarded his hand and drew a couple of cards.
“Then, I activate the effect of Starlight Mirage Witch!” he said. “While I control no monsters, I can banish this card from my graveyard to return Starlight Magister from my graveyard to my hand!”
He returned one of his discarded cards to his hand.
“Now, I summon Starlight Magister to the field!” he said.
An annoyingly moe magical girl appeared on his field. She was a level 4 Light spellcaster with 1400 attack points.
“And when I summon this card, I can special summon a level 4 or lower Light spellcaster from my hand!” he announced. “I summon Starlight Mentor!”
A librarian looking woman appeared on his field. She was level 4 with 1000 attack.
“Next, I'll tune my level 4 Starlight Mentor to my level 4 Starlight Magister!” he said. “And with them, I synchro summon Starlight Dragon!”
A giant western style dragon appeared on his field, with bright silver scales, with some gold mixed in. It was level 8, with 2500 attack.
“I'll have Starlight Dragon attack your TimberWolf!” Hoodwink said.
My monster was destroyed, and I took 1100 points of damage, bringing me down to 6900. I started feeling a little weak, and the sky grew a few shades darker.
“I activate the trap card TimberWolf Howling!” I said. “With it, I can revive a TimberWolf monster that was destroyed in battle this turn!”
TimberWolf Simensis returned to my side of the field.
“Also, the monster revived this way will count as two tributes instead of one if I perform a tribute summon,” I said.
“I end my turn,” Hoodwink said. “And do to the field spell's effect, I gain 400 life points for each Light monster I've special summoned this turn.”
He gained 800 life, putting him at 8800.

“I draw,” I said.
I took a look at the card I had just drawn. It was a spell card, displaying a picture of what appeared to be TimberWolf Simensis, with a shadow looming over him. A shadow I know all to well.
“I activate Angelic Shroud!” I said. “Since I control a Dark monster, I can add one fairy type monster from my deck to my hand!”
I added a card to my hand. It was exactly what I needed right now.
“I now tribute TimberWolf Simensis to tribute summon Archangel, Lord Of The Fallen!” I announced.
The Archangel appeared on my field, taking the form of a man in a black coat and a gas mask, with black angel wings growing from his back. He was level 8 with 2500 attack.
“So you've brought out your Fear card,” Hoodwink said. “I'm impressed.”
“I'm not done yet!” I said. “When the Archangel is summoned, I can equip him with one monster from my graveyard! Naturally, I'll go with Simensis!”
The Archangel changed form, taking the shape of Simensis, while retaining his angelic wings.
“The Archangel gains the power of every monster equipped to him,” I said. “So now, thanks to Simensis' effect, he can make two attacks each turn!”
Which was good. As a Fear card, the Starlight Dragon couldn't destroy him, but he could destroy it, then make a second attack at Hoodwink's life points.
“I attack your dragon with the Archangel!” I said.
“I activate the trap card Skill Successor from my graveyard!” Hoodwink said. “By banishing this card, Starlight Dragon gains 800 attack points!”
His dragon rose up to 3300, and the two monsters clashed. The Archangel survived, but I lost another 800 life points, putting me at 6100.
“I end my turn,” I said.

“Due to Guarded Treasure's effect, I draw two cards,” Hoodwink said. “Then, since Starlight Mentor was used for a synchro summon last turn, I can special summon one Starlight Apprentice from my deck.”
A young girl with glasses appeared on his field. She was level 1 with 100 attack.
“Starlight Dragon gains 400 attack for each other Light monster I control,” he said.
His dragon, which had been back down to normal since my turn ended, rose back up to 2900.
“Then, from my hand, I normal summon Faded Starlight Heretic!” he said.
“Faded Starlight?” I thought aloud.
His new monster was a Dark monster, clashing with the theme I had seen so far. She was a lady dressed in dark clothing, with facial tattoos. She was level 1 with 500 attack.
“I now tune the level 1 Starlight Apprentice to my level 1 Heretic!” he announced. “And with these monster, I synchro summon Formula synchron!”
A race-car robot thing appeared on his field. It was level 2 with 200 attack.
“Formula Synchron's effect let's me draw one card,” Hoodwink said, drawing.
Formula Synchron isn't a normal synchro monster. It's a synchro tuner, which means he can tune it to other synchro monsters. I could tell I wouldn't like what came next.
“I now tune my level 2 Formula Synchron to my level 8 Starlight Dragon!” he declared. “Descend from the distant world! Fill the void between stars with your brilliant light, and let your radiance wash through the veil of fate! Accel synchro summon, the being that transcends destiny, Scion Star Dragon!”
Yeah. He chanted an incantation while summoning his monster. And as he did, his robes changed color, becoming bright silver, with gold mixed into it.
His new dragon was enormous, with great plates of silver and gold armor, and massive wings that constantly reflected the coloration of the sy above us. Though its eyes were small, I could see them clearly. Orbs of white, with great black pits in the center. The eyes of a Scion. The eyes of the Vision.
The dragon was level 10, with 3200 attack points.
“Chewing a scenery a bit, aren't we?” I asked.
“Forgive me,” he replied. “I got a little carried away. Allow me to contrinue.”
“Whatever,” I said.
“I now activate the equip spell card Phobic Bane,” he said. “And I equip it to my Scion Star Dragon!”
His dragon gained a violet aura, and its attack power rose to 3500.
“A 300 point boost, huh?” I asked. “So what else does that equip card do?”
“Simple,” Hoodwink chuckled. “It allows the equipped monster to destroy Fears.”
Shit. Normally, Fear cards can only be destroyed in battle by other Fear cards. I guess Phobic Bane changes that rule.
“Now, I'll have Scion Star Dragon attack!” he said.
His dragon wiped out my Archangel. I took 1000 damage, reducing me to 5100. The sky got even darker, and I started feeling weak.
“Then I end my turn,” Hoodwink said. “And with the Streams Of Destiny's effect, I gain 400 life points for each Light monster I special summoned this turn.”
His life rose by another 1200, putting him at 10000.

“I draw,” I said. “And then I summon Bound Horror to the field in attack position.”
A black mass of writhing shadows, bound in molten chains, appeared on my field. It was level 3 with 0 attack points.
“I'll now use Bound Horror's effect,” I said. “I can now synchro summon one Fear card by tuning it to a Dark monster in my hand!”
Just like that, the shadow broke free of its chains. It transformed,  becoming something with a semi-humanoid torso, with several tendrils where its legs should have been, and arms that were abnormally long and slender. Branch-like appendages and tentacles fanned out from its back, and eyes, glowing a fierce red, opened up all over its body. To complete its horrific transformation, a large, diagonal mouth full of glistening fangs opened up on its chest.
“I tune my level 3 Bound Horror on my field to the level 4 TimberWolf Lupus from my hand!” I said.
Time to get MY ham on. Hey, he did it, might as well get in on it too.
“Reshape the world into a nightmare!” I chanted. “Bind flesh to steel, and show humanity why the future should be feared! Synchro summon! Rise, and tear the sky asunder, Manufactured Newborn!”
A huge tower, made of both machinery and human flesh and bone, rose behind me, tower over us both. It was level 7, with 2500 attack and 1200 defense.
“Then I set one card face down and end my turn,” I said.

“My turn then,” Hoodwink said. He drew two more cards from his deck. “I'm sure you intend to take advantage of the unique nature of the Newborn's effect.”
“You know what it can do?” I asked.
“I've watched all of your duels, Daniel,” he replied. “I know very well what that card is capable of, but I will not allow it to go down. I activate Scion Star Dragon's effect, so by discarding a Light monster, your monster's effects are negated!”
Okay, that's a useful ability.
“Additionally, the card I just discarded was Starlight Phantom Wing, whose effect allows me to special summon a Light tuner from my deck,” he said. “I summon Alluring Aria!”
Alluring was a fairly accurate adjective. His new monster was a young woman, with golden hair and one of those dresses that is almost see-through when the light hits it right. Hello, nurse!
I think it's a little sad that I find his Yu-Gi-Oh cards attractive...
Anyway, she was level 1 with 400 attack.
“Do to Aria's effect, trap cards cannot be activated in response to her summoning,” he said. “Additionally, neither of us can use trap cards for the remainder of this turn.”
I could see where his logic was going. You see, the way the Newborn's effect works, is that if it's destroyed, I'm allowed to gain life points, and if I do, it gets revived on my opponent's side of the field. And if it gets destroyed again, I get it back. It works well with cards like Torrential Tribute or Mirror Force, which could destroy it once it was on my opponent's field. Both of them are traps, so naturally he'd wanna stop me from using traps to be on the safe side.
“Now,” he said. “ Scion Star Dragon gains 1000 attack for each other Light monster I control!”
His dragon rose to 4500.
“Now, I'll attack your Newborn!” he said.
Without warning, the monstrous form of my Bound Horror appeared in the sky above his dragon. It's molten chains lashed out, binding the dragon and burning into it.
“What's going on!?” Hoodwink demanded.
“Bound Horror has one other effect,” I said. “When one of your guys attacks the monster I summoned with him, I can banish him to negate your monster's effects and reduce his power by 500!”
Scion Star Dragon lost the power bonus it gained through its effect, and it was reduced to 3000.
“Then I activate my set card!” I said. “The quickplay spell Ego Boost!”
“A spell?” He said.
“Now the Newborn gains 1000 attack points,” I said. “Making it strong enough to win this fight.”
Tendrils made form wires and sinew shot from the Newborn, entangling the Scion Star Dragon and tearing it to shreds.  I had pulled it off. His dragon was defeated. His life dropped to 9500.
He laughed.
“Well played, Daniel,” he said. “But now, the next ability of Phobic Bane activates.”
“Oh great,” I thought. “What now?”
“Now, I can special summon any level 8 or lower Fear card from my deck,” he said.
“Oh, shit,” I said.
“With this effect, I call upon my first Fear card!” he said. “Come forth, Wooden Girl!”
“Oh, jeez,” I said. “You have Wood Bitch?”
“Indeed I do have Wood Bitch,” he replied. “And now I'm going to summon her!”
A woman made entirely of wood appeared on his field. She was level 8, with 2400 attack points.
“Additionally, you may add one card from your deck to your hand,” he informed me.
All right. Some silver lining. I searched through my deck, finally getting a good look at some of my cards. It was full of a lot of monsters that had simple, yet useful effects, so that I could equip them to the Archangel to make it even deadlier. I picked a card that looked useful and added it to my hand.
“I can't attack with the Wooden Girl, or use her effects this turn, so I'll set a card and end my turn,” he said. “Then, I gain 400 more life points from the field's effect.”
He rose to 9900.

“Then I'll go,” I said, drawing. “I summon TimberWolf Lycaon in attack mode!”
A man is a dark hoody wielding a sawed off shotgun appeared. He was level 4, with 800 attack and 1800 defense.
“Lycaon is allowed to make direct attacks,” I said.
“Yes, but unfortunately, I can use the Wooden Girl's effect,” he said. “Once per turn, when you summon a monster, I can force it into defense position.”
Lycaon was forced onto the defensive.
“In that case, I'll have the Manufactured Newborn attack the Wooden Girl!” I said.
“Not so fast!” he replied. “I activate the trap card Starlight Rampart! With this card, I can tribute a Light spellcaster to negate one of your attacks.”
His Alluring Aria vanished, and the Newborn's attack stopped.
“Also, next turn I'll be able to summon one monster without tributing,” he said.
“Damn it,” I muttered. “In that case, I set a card and end my turn.”

“Very well,” he said, drawing two cards. “Due to the effect of Starlight Rampart, I can summon my next monster without sacrificing. Come forth, The All-Seeing Eye Of Judgement!”
A giant fucking eyeball appeared in the sky above us, peering down at me. It was level 8, with 0 attack  and defense.
“Then, from my hand I activate the spell card Phobic Praise!”
“Another Phobic card?” I asked. “What does this one do?”
“Simple,” he said. “It allows me to draw one card for each Fear card in play, but for each card drawn, I lose 300 life points.”
He drew 3 cards, and his life was reduced to 9000.
“Then, I play the spell card Phobic Outbreak,” he said. “By paying 2000 more life points, I can summon a Fear card from my hand, and equip it with this card! I summon The Dark Reflection, Mother Of Snakes!”
His life dropped to 7000, and a woman with a giant snake tail where her legs should have been appeared on his field. She was level 7 with 2700 attack.
“Due to her effect, I can return a trap from my graveyard to my hand,” he said. One which I discarded at the beginning of the duel.”
He returned a card to his hand.
“Next, I use the Wooden Girl's effect!” he said. “By discarding a card, I can gain control of an attack position monster you control! I choose the Manufactured Newborn!”
The Wooden Girl lashed out with her threads, entangling my Newborn, ripping it apart and reassembling it on his field. Damn it. Now he controlled FOUR Fear cards.
“Now, I'll have the Eye attack TimberWolf Lycaon!” he said.
That confused me at first. His Eye card shot a giant laser beam at my monster, but my monster just deflected it with his hand, sending the beam firing straight at Hoodwink, and dealing him 1800 damage, putting him at 5200
“Due to the Eye's effect, you take the same amount of damage as I do,” he said.
So that's why he did it. The Eye fired another laser at me, bringing me down to 3300.
“Now, I'll have your own monster attack you!” he declared. “I attack with the Manufactured Newborn!”
“I activate the trap card TimberWolf Resilience!” I said. “By paying 300 life points, Lycaon won't be destroyed in this battle!”
My life went down to 3000, but my monster survived.
“I'll attack with the Wooden Girl next!” he said.
“I pay 300 more life points to protect my monster!” I said.
I was reduced to 2700.
“I'll attack one last time with the Mother Of Snakes!” he said.
“And I'll use TimberWolf Resilience's effect one last time!” I said.
I dropped to 2400, but my monster was safe. By this point, I was starting to feel a great deal of fatigue, and the sky was almost as dark as the real Streams of Destiny. I struggled to remain standing, and glared at Hoodwink.
“I'll be damned if I'm gonna lose inside of my own subconscious,”  told him.
“So, you've figured out where we are?” he asked.
“Of course,” I said. “This world is affected by my life points. This isn't the real Streams Of Destiny. It's a memory inside of my soul.”
“Indeed,” Hoodwink said. “I set one card and end my turn now, and the Newborn returns to your side of the field.”

“I draw,” I said. “Then, I summon TimberWolf Lupus!”
A woman in a leather dress appeared, carrying a sharp knife in one hand. She was level 3 with 1500 attack and 800 defense.
“I use the Wooden Girl's effect, so she's switched to defense mode,” Hoodwink said.
“Doesn't make a difference to me,” I said. “I activate TimberWolf Lupus's effect. I target one Dark warrior or Dark fairy I control, and she becomes the same level as it! So I'll target Lycaon!”
Lupus became level 4, just like Lycaon.
“Now, I build the overlay network with these two level 4 monsters!” I said. “And with them, I xyz summon Apostle Joseph Krell!”
A man in a black button up shirt, carrying a submachine gun in his hands, and a pistol holstered at his side, appeared. He was a Dark fairy with 2300 attack and 1400 defense, and two glowing balls orbiting his body.
“Damn it,” Hoodwink muttered. “I shouldn't have wasted her effect so soon.”
“Next, I activate the spell card Thieving Angel,” I said. “If I control a Dark fairy-type monster, I can activate the effect of a card you used last turn.”
“What?” Hoodwink gasped.
“I'll use this effect to copy your Phobic Praise!” I said. “At the cost of 1200 life points, I can now draw 4 cards!”
My life dropped to 1200, and I fought to stay upright. I drew 4 cards, as crimson and violet lightning began crackling across the sky.
“What's happening now?” I asked.
“Your life points have dropped rather low,” Hoodwink said. “It's altered the effects of this field spell. Now, all monster in play will be treated as Dark monsters in addition to their normal attributes.”
“Good to know,” I said.
“There's more,” Hoodwink continued. “Here in the Streams Of Corruption, if either of us special summons a monster, we can either draw one card, or bestow upon it a gift of 500 attack points.”
“I see,” I said. “In that case, I play the spell card HexenWolfen!”
“What does this do?” he asked.
“It allows me to revive a TimberWolf from my graveyard,” I said. “I choose TimberWolf Simensis!”
My monster returned to my side of the field, and began convulsing in agony. He changed, growing claws and fangs, and sprouting thick, black fur. His muzzle elongated, and his eyes shifted to a fierce yellow color.
“Additionally, he becomes a beast type, and his level becomes equal to that of a Fear card on my field or in my graveyard,” I said. “I choose the Manufactured Newborn.”
Simensis became a level 7.
“And since I special summoned him, I can draw a card,” I said, doing so.
“Next, I build the overlay network with TimberWolf Simensis, and the Manufactured Newborn!” I said. “With these two level 7 monsters, I xyz summon Nightmare Toy, Destructo Doll!”
A big, mechanical doll, in fancy clothing appeared on my field. It was sinister in appearance, and it hung loosely in midair as if dangling from an invisible noose. It was a Dark fiend with 2500 attack.
“Due to the Strams Of Corruption's effect, I'll have it gain 500 attack points,” I said. “Then, I activate Joseph Krell's effect. This turn, he can attack twice, but neither of us will take damage.”
“My cards are all Fears,” Hoodwink said. “What's the point of attacking if you can't destroy my monsters or deal me damage?”
“I have one last trick up my sleeve,” I said. “I activate the spell card After The Struggle!”
“Oh shit!” hoodwink exclaimed.
“Now, any monster involved in damage calculation this turn will be destroyed at the end of the battle phase!” I said. “Now, I'll use Destructo Doll's effect, so by detaching one of its overlay units, it gains 1000 attack points this turn!”
My monster rose to 4000 attack.
“Now, I'll have Joseph attack the Mother Of Snakes!” I said.
“My strongest monster?” he asked. “But your card will be destroyed.”
“I use Joseph Krell's second effect,” I said. “I can prevent his destruction by detaching an overlay unit!”
One of Joseph's glowing orbs vanished, and black light slithered across his sin, and his attack dropped by 300. He fired his machine gun at the Mother of Snakes, but neither of them was destroyed, and no-one took damage.
“Then, I'll have him attack the Eye!” I said.
Joseph drew his sidearm and fired at the Eye above us, but again, nothing was destroyed, and no damage was dealt. Good thing, to, because the Eye's effect would have fired the same damage back at me.
“Next, I'll have Nightmare Toy Destructo Doll attack the Wooden Girl!” I said.
The doll suddenly sprang to life. Its right hand and forearm split apart, and a bunch of large machine guns sprouted from the apparent hammerspace within. It took aim, firing away at the Wooden Girl. She survived, but he took 1600 damage, bringing him down to 3600.
“I activate Destructo Doll's effect,” I said. “Since neither of them were destroyed, they have to battle each other one more time!”
The battle repeated itself, and he was reduced to 2000.
“I now end my battle phase,” I said. “And in doing so, all of our monsters are destroyed!”
A dome of fiery light began expanding from the center of the battlefield.
“I now use Joseph Krell's effect!” I said. “By using his last overlay unit, I can protect him from destruction!”
That inky black light began writhing on his skin,and his attack dropped by another 300, putting him at 1700. All of our cards were engulfed in the expanding fire. All of our monsters, except for my Apostle, were destroyed.
“Well played,” Hoodwink said. “Taking advantage of the Fears weakness to card effects to wipe them out. But you've given me an edge as well.”
“Is that so?” I asked. I had a feeling I was about to see what trap he had gotten back with the Mother of Snake's effect.
“I play the trap card Phobic Remnant!” he said. “When one or more of my Fears are destroyed, I can summon this card as a level 7 Fear card.”
A shadowy creature, with deep gashes carved into its inky black skin, and frightened looking yellow eyes, appeared on his field. It had 0 attack points.
“And since I summoned this card, I can draw one card,” he said.
“I set two cards and end my turn,” I said.

“Now it's my turn,” Hoodwink said, drawing two cards. “Then, I banish Starlight Mentor and Starlight Apprentice from my graveyard to special summon Faded Starlight Infidel from my hand!”
A woman in tribal clothing appeared, carrying a hooked sword. Her dark hair was ulled into a long top-knot, and she had black tattoos circling her eyes. She was level 7, with 2200 attack points.
“Since I just special summoned, I can draw one card,” he said. “Then, I normal summon Faded Starlight Deserter!”
A woman in tattered vagabond clothing, with tattoos along her arms and legs, appeared as well. She was level 4 with 1100 attack.
“Using her effect, I can now special summon a Starlight card from my hand, by discarding one card,” he said. “I special summon Starlight Sparkler!”
A young girl holding a pair of sparkling fireworks appeared on his field. She was level 4 with 1200 attack.
“Since I summoned her, I can now draw another card,” he said. “Then, I build the overlay network with Faded Starlight Infidel and Phobic Remnant to xyz summon Starlight Witch Hunter!”
A woman now stood on his field, dressed in shining robes that caught the light of the lightning above us. She carried a composite longbow, and had a quiver strapped to her hip. She was rank 7, with 2900 attack points.
“I use the effect of the Streams Of Corruption to increase he attack power by 500,” Hoodwink said. “Then, I overlay my level 4 Starlight Sparkler and Faded Starlight Deserter to xyz summon another monster! I summon Faded Starlight Exile!”
A new woman, dressed in a black longcoat and a somewhat revealing shirt, appeared on his field. She was armed with a katana, and her tattoos covered her face and what I could see of her stomach. She was rank 4, with 2000 attack points.
“I'll have her gain 500 attack through the field spell's effect,” Hoodwink said. “Then, I'll have her attack!”
His Exile card drew her sword, and began charging at my Apostle.
“I activate her effect,” Hoodwink said. “By detaching an overlay unit, she'll gain 500 attack for each Dark monster I currently control!”
His monster's attack power increased to 3500. She closed in on my card, preparing to deal the killing stroke.
“I activate a trap card!” I said. “Overlay Guard! With this card, I can switch my monster to defense position, then attach this card to him as an overlay unit!”
My monster quickly changed his battle position.
“Then I use his effect,” I said. “So by using his overlay unit, he'll survive this attack!”
His monster's katana struck against Joseph's skin, but the blow merely glanced off of him.
“I activate Witch Hunter's effect,” Hoodwink said. “When you activate a trap card, you lose 300 life points.”
His other monster fired an arrow at me, hitting me in the chest. My life dropped to 900, and I fell to my knees in pain.
“Now, I'll have Witch Hunter make an attack!” he said.
His monster loosed another arrow, destroying my Apostle card.
“Then, by using an overlay unit, and reducing her attack power by half, she can attack again!” he said. “I'll attack you directly.
His monster drew another arrow, and prepared to fire it.
“I activate the trap card Angelic Vengeange!” I said. “So by banishing Apostle Joseph Krell, I can summon a different fairy-type monster from my graveyard! I revive the Archangel!”
The Archangel rose from the grave, returning to my field.
“And since he was summoned, I can increase his attack by 500, and equip him with a monster from my graveyard! I choose the Manufactured Newborn!”
The Newborn rose behind me, and it's cords lashed out, embedding themselves in the Archangel's flesh.
“By activating a trap card, you now receive another 300 points of damage,” Hoodwink remined me.
My life dropped to 600.
“Due to my trap cards effect, You now have to attack my monster!” I said.
His weakened Witch Hunter fired an arrow at the Archangel, who slapped it aside easily and charged at her.
“I activate the effect of Faded Starlight Heretic from my graveyard!” he said. “By banishing her, one Dark monster I control can't be destroyed in battle this turn, and I take no damage!”
His monster just barely survived the attack.
“I activate two copies of Dian Keto The Cure Master,” he said. “This increases my life points to 4000. Then I set two cards and end my turn, and Witch Hunter's attack returns to normal.”

“My move,” I said, drawing a card. “I play the spell card Halo Of Destruction! With this card, I can special summon the monster equipped to the Archangel!”
The Newborn's cords broke free from the Archangel, dividing them into two separate monsters.”And since a monster was special summoned, I can draw one card,” I said. “Then, I equip the Newborn with Synchro Boost, increasing its attack by 500, and its level by one. And then I'll overlay my two level 8 monsters!”
Both my Archangel and my Newborn were drawn into a portal of blackness, swirling high in the sky above us. My fatigue began to fade as a new monster descended from the portal. It looked a lot like the Archangel, but it wore black armor, and had four long, thin arms. Its gas mask was open in the back, allowing its long black hair to flow out behind it. It carried a set of giant black scythes with it.
“I xyz summon Archangel Discord!” I declared.
My new monster was rank 8, with 3300 attack and 2500 defense.
“Since I special summoned him, I'll have him gain 500 attack points,” I said. “Then, due to his effect, I can equip him with a monster from my graveyard. I choose TimberWolf Simensis!”
Archangel Discord gained a silver aura.
“Now, he can make a second attack each turn,” I said. “Then, by detaching an overlay unit from him, I can equip him with TimberWolf Lycaon!”
A black aura began mixing with the silver.
“Now, he can attack directly,” I said. “And that's exactly what I'm gonna do!”
Archangel Discord flung one of his scythes straight at Hoodwink, who activated one of his face down cards in response.
“I play Destruct Potion!” he said. “Now, by destroying Starlight Which Hunter, I can increase my life points by her attack power!”
His Witch Hunter was destroyed, and his life went up to 7400. The Archangel's attack continued, and he was reduced to 3600.
“I'll have Archangel Discord attack again!” I said.
“I activate the trap card Savior From The Stars!” he said. “By tributing a Starlight monster I control, I can negate your attack, and I gain life points equal to the original attack of my tributed monster.”
A wall of light intercepted my Archangel, and his life increased to 5600.
“Do to Simensis's effect, Archangel Discord is switched to defense position,” I said. “Then I'll set two cards an end my turn.”

“I draw,” Hoodwink said, drawing two new cards. He glanced at his cards and started laughing.
“I assume you drew something useful,” I said.
“That's right,” he said. “From my hand, I activate the spell card Fear Fusion!”
“Uh-Oh,” I said.
I know exactly what Fear Fusion can do. As the name implies, it fuses multiple Fears cards, from the players field and graveyard, into a new Fear. And those Fear fusion monsters are capable of some pretty incredible things.
“With this card, I fuse the Wooden Girl, Eye Of Jusgement, and Mother Of Snakes from my graveyard!” he declared. “Slither up from the black void, casting your evil gaze upon your victims. Strike fear into there hearts, until it consumes them and twists them into the monsters within which they suppress!”
Oh great. More chanting...
As he spoke, blackness began spreading itself across his robes, mixing with the silver and gold, darkening his entire appearance.
“I fusion summon,” He said, “Basilamia, The Corrupter!”
A giant woman, with a thick, winding rattle snake tail, appeared from a portal of twisting, shrieking shadows. Her eyes, which were a few times larger than they should have been, were glowing a sickly pale light. Her torso was covered in thick, oak armor, and he carried a giant wooden sword, wrapped in so many strings that the blade appeared to be a gleaming white color. She was level 11, with 3500 attack and 3000 defense.
“Since this monster was special summoned, she gains 500 attack points,” he said. “Then, I activate her effect, allowing me to gain 700 life points for each Fear card in play!”
His life increased to 7000. They just keep fucking rising...
“I'll equip her with the spell card Weight Of Fear,” he said. “This card increases her attack by 200 each turn.”
Her attack increased to 4200.
“Also, I can change your monster's battle position,” he continued.
“Well, fuck,” I said, as her strings forced Archangel Discord changed back to attack mode. It had 3800. Not strong enough to take his monster.
“Now, I'll have Basilamia attack Archangel Discord!” he said. “And I should let you know, all damage Basilamia deals is doubled! It's over!”
“I already told you!” I snapped. “I'm not gonna lose here! I activate the trap card Mask Of Weakness, so our monster will lose 700 attack points!”
“I think not!” Hoodwink replied. “Once per turn, Basilamia can negate and destroy one of your trap cards!”
“Once per turn, huh?” I said. My first trap failed, but I had one more. “I activate Defense Draw! No all damage I take is reduced to 0, and I can draw one card!”
“I end my turn then,” Hoodwink said. “And in doing so, I activate Weight Of Fears second effect, dealing you 400 damage each turn.”
I suddenly felt a lot weaker, and my life dropped to 200. I collapsed, barely able to move at all. My vision was fading.
“Is this all the strenght you have, Daniel Ferris?” Hoodwink asked me. “Is this all you have to offer me? Are you giving up already?”
“Like hell!” I shouted. “I told you! I'm not losing here!”
I forced myself shakily to my feet. Hoodwink began looking around himself in awe. I noticed it to. Black, writhing smoke, was spreading from everywhere. And it was all gathering around me.
“I see,” he said. “You don't draw strength from your pain, but from from the will needed to fight through it.”

“Enough talking!” I said, drawing a card. “My turn! I activate Fear Fusion!”
You see, the reason I know what Fear Fusion can do, is because I have it. The black smoke surrounding us gathered in my right hand, and solidified into a new card.
“From my Graveyard, I fuse Archangel, Lord Of The Fallen, and the Manufactured Newborn!” I said. “Rise once more, and reign terror down from your perch in the burning heavens! Show the world what Hell the future has to offer! I fusion summon The Manufactured Discord, Cyber-Archangel!”
A colossal, muscular man appeared, carrying a scythe formed from countless wires and scraps of steel. Pieces of iron and machinery were embedded in his flesh, and his wings were composed of decayed muscular tissue and sheets of metal. A rusted filtration mask covered his mouth and nose, leaving his red eyes and shoulder-length gray hair exposed. He was level 10, with 3000 attack points.
“Since I special summoned him, I'll use the field's effect to power him up!” I said. “Then, with his effect, I can revive a monster card from my opponent's graveyard!”
“What!?” Hoodwink demanded.
“I special summon Scion Star Dragon!” I declared.
Cyber-Archangel tore open a portal with his scythe, and then sent a number of fleshy wires into it, dragging the Scion Star Dragon out of it and onto my field. The wires bonded to it, and it began morphing into a deformed, partly machine version of itself.
“The monster's effect is negated, and it gains 500 attack,” I said. “Also, it's banished during the end phase. Also, it gains 500 attack from the field spell's effect.”
Scion Star Dragon rose to 4200.
“Next, I play the spell card Riryoku!” I said. “Now, Basilamia loses half of her attack power, and Cyber-Archangel gains the other half!”
“Damn it!” Hoodwink said.
Basilamia dropped to 2100, and Cyber-Archangel rose to 5600.
“Now, I'll have Cyber-Archangel attack Basilamia!” I said.
My monster raised his mighty scythe and tore it through Basilamia's wooden armor, carving her in two. Hoodwink's life points dropped to 3500.
“Now to end this!” I said. “I attack directly with Scion Star Dragon!”
The mechanized dragon opened its mouth, and fired a blast of light that reduced Hoodwink's life to 0. The Streams returned to their original, bright state, and my monsters disappeared. I had won.

“Impressive,” Hoodwink said. “For a moment, I thought you might not pull that off.”
“Great,” I said. “So now what?”
“Now, I give you this,” he said.
He crossed the streams and handed me some of his cards. The Wooden Girl, the Eye, the Mother of Snakes, and Basilamia were all there.
“These cards were willed to me by a being on the outside, before that being faded,” hoodwink said. “I think they's be better in your hands. Good-bye.”
He turned to walk away, and everything began to dissolve around me. I started panicking.
“No!” I called after him. “Don't send me back yet! I haven;t been in my subconscious in month! I can't leave yet! I want-”

I woke up back in my current hideout. I sat up, looking down at my hands, which were still holding the new cards, which I'd somehow dragged into the material world. I sighed.
“I wanted to see Justin again,” I said sadly. “Just one more time...”

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
Acelegin
 Posted: Feb 27 2015, 06:54 AM

The Ace
Group Icon

So I finished the first post and sent it to Vinyl for feedback. They haven't replied yet, so I'm gonna give it a day or two and if they don't respond I'll go ahead and post it. In the meantime, would anyone else like to lend a hand on this project?

The Daniel-Verse;

The God-Sent-Verse;
Luster Of The Dark Jewel

My personal blog;

My quizilla account
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicCreate New TopicCreate New Poll